+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Streamer vs Experienced alpha/ beta testers

My thought is this , get people to see your product so that when it becomes in demand. You now have a game everyone wants to play and when you release founders packs they will be scooped up. Just smart busness choices on Trions part. That being said, They pushed press for Rift and Defiance during testing stages. Since XL games has had the game code tested for sometime and it works most of the testing is seeing how the game reacts to the translation and other changes made for our release. Honestly I m happy to see streamers have access to the game it allows me to see the game in play and makes me as a player want to play it. I played the RU ver. and loved it due to seeing it on Bikeman's stream. I really love this game and can't wait to play the NA verson so I can completely enjoy the Lore and everything else I couldn't understand playing in RU.
    ArcheAge:
    Alpha: Not Yet | Beta: Registered

RIFT:

Beta:1st beta weekend | Joline @ Graybriar

to launch

Streamers are reporting bugs every time they are recording, they have actual video evidence of the bug... streams are recorded into twitch, and the devs (especially scapes) drop in on streams and watch

Quote Originally Posted by iMaccaPro View Post
    I've been an alpha/beta tester to 20+ games over the years and it's come to my attention that invites to Archeage are going to streamers and not people that will actually hunt out or record bugs. I understand you have to advertise but it's getting a little silly. I've noticed bugs on streams I've watched and all I hear is "someone else will report it"

Does anyone else agree or is it just me being bitter? QQ

EDIT: Just to clarify, I am in no way saying I'm better than anyone else who wants into the Alpha.
    I for one am not a streamer or never will be. All the people i invited were not streamers either just random people i picked from the forum who i thought were good contributors. You're just seeing tons of streamers with alpha becuase its public showcasing...go figure the most public figures are public figures...

Quote Originally Posted by iMaccaPro View Post
    I've been an alpha/beta tester to 20+ games over the years and it's come to my attention that invites to Archeage are going to streamers and not people that will actually hunt out or record bugs. I understand you have to advertise but it's getting a little silly. I've noticed bugs on streams I've watched and all I hear is "someone else will report it"

Does anyone else agree or is it just me being bitter? QQ

EDIT: Just to clarify, I am in no way saying I'm better than anyone else who wants into the Alpha.
    Thanks for riding my coattails son
    Western Faction, Female Elf , Warrior, Necromancy, Devotion (Korean Version Names)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6