+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24

Thread: limiting the value that cash itens can be sold for gold

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    1,615
    Quote Originally Posted by Helltwou View Post
    Is there a new way to earn credits besides APEX or $$$?
    No. There is no point in pegging credits to gold because it creates all kinds of terrible impacts to the economy once that threshold is reached. Primarily that the moment the value of APEX is above 800g (since they used 800g in the example) Trion instantly stops generating revenue from APEX. The entire point of APEX existing is so that Trion can profit off of players willingness to buy progress off of other players.

    If Trion instead attempted to change the price of APEX along with the economy then they will get it wrong often or be too delayed for proper reactions.

    Do you know what does float the value of APEX with the ability for people to pay for it with gold? The auction house.
    Epic Erenor Scepter - 856 Magic Att, 733 gimped DPS.
    Epic Erenor Katana - 815.3 DPS.
    Epic Erenor Bow - 693 DPS... worse than the gimped weapon even though it's a primary weapon.
    "Balance" . . . This doesn't even take in to account the 978.4 epic erenor nodachi, or 978 mAtt staff.

  2. #12
    Senior Member Argentto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    372
    fewer people play archeage
    fewer people buy apex with real money
    inflation is generated
    "less amount of apex = more expensive"

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    187
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaoshero View Post
    Help me scatter it until Trion takes it seriously, "limiting the value that cash items can be sold for gold."

    Example: APEX would have a maximum limit of 800g to be sold in the auction.

    the current values of the cash are surreal, for who will start to play now.
    you wish

  4. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    18
    The price keeps increasing. This is insane. You say it's because of less players, but I feel that players are leaving for this reason. I can say this because of the fact that since this has begun that I've seen alot of property disappear.

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    1,615
    Quote Originally Posted by Helltwou View Post
    The price keeps increasing. This is insane. You say it's because of less players, but I feel that players are leaving for this reason. I can say this because of the fact that since this has begun that I've seen alot of property disappear.
    You sure it isn't because of cross region apex farming? Pretty much everyone I know that plays using apex to buy patron uses the EU/NA split to farm their apex. That means as long as they pay for their account they really don't care what the cost is. 2600g is only 87g a day for 30 days, and you get loyalty, vocation, honor, gilda, prestige, daily gold, and on top of all that the extra labor. It's pretty easy to get 2600g in 30 days.
    Epic Erenor Scepter - 856 Magic Att, 733 gimped DPS.
    Epic Erenor Katana - 815.3 DPS.
    Epic Erenor Bow - 693 DPS... worse than the gimped weapon even though it's a primary weapon.
    "Balance" . . . This doesn't even take in to account the 978.4 epic erenor nodachi, or 978 mAtt staff.

  6. #16
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Snerdles View Post
    You sure it isn't because of cross region apex farming? Pretty much everyone I know that plays using apex to buy patron uses the EU/NA split to farm their apex. That means as long as they pay for their account they really don't care what the cost is. 2600g is only 87g a day for 30 days, and you get loyalty, vocation, honor, gilda, prestige, daily gold, and on top of all that the extra labor. It's pretty easy to get 2600g in 30 days.
    Exactly... THAT'S the biggest Problem. The people who use that mechanic only buy apex on the Server. They dont buy Equip.. Most build no House.. Nothing.. They make money and buy apex. I think i bought like 50 apex so far on fs.. And i am only playing with 3 Accounts. There are some. Who bought hundreds of apex und Transfer them to the other fs Server where They can spend all Credits. Imo Not allowing cross Server use would be a huge help in keeping apex price as low as possible

  7. #17
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    7
    The real problem with the APEX price inflation is that some people or guilds with a lot of gold, will buy every APEX that goes on sale, re-list it on the AH at an inflated price of their choice, artificially changing the price. APEX can NOT be earn in-game, should not be treated like potatoes or lemons. The only way to avoid this is to make APEX a sell once item. YOU buy an APEX from the cash shop, YOU are free to sell it or give it away, but once the buyer/receiver gets it is bind on pick up, and he can only use it for credits.

  8. #18
    Senior Member Argentto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    372
    Quote Originally Posted by Shury View Post
    Exactly... THAT'S the biggest Problem. The people who use that mechanic only buy apex on the Server. They dont buy Equip.. Most build no House.. Nothing.. They make money and buy apex. I think i bought like 50 apex so far on fs.. And i am only playing with 3 Accounts. There are some. Who bought hundreds of apex und Transfer them to the other fs Server where They can spend all Credits. Imo Not allowing cross Server use would be a huge help in keeping apex price as low as possible
    I started with 25-30 people and now they only play 5.
    Nothing has to do with the apex, no cause was the apex.
    The game dies slowly and trion only worries about keeping the older p2win giving them endgame items, since they are the ones who continue to pay the few apex that are in the market.
    This circle will be closed when these p2win people have no one to play with.
    As it happened with all the big companies that put a price of subcription and also charged micro-payments inside as AA does now. Not only do you have to pay a monthly fee, but you have to pay for everything, skins, costumes, items, saddles, abusive packs of 150 dollars and others.
    The game has a very bad management, but it has so much profit margin in Korea that they do not care.
    Aca will be a franchise with so little margin that I would not be strange to lower in the future the price of the monthly fee of 2 apex to 1 to encourage the entry of new people.
    Trion seeks and focuses the game for people with a lot of money, for the poor, this is the fortnite and the lol.

  9. #19
    Senior Member Darsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Heart of Ayanad
    Posts
    1,011
    Quote Originally Posted by Argentto View Post
    fewer people play archeage
    fewer people buy apex with real money
    inflation is generated
    "less amount of apex = more expensive"
    What you actually said is wrong, the less people there is the more people spend on the game. Its a Paradox which can be explained with If there is a lot of people think nah i will just wait till someone will buy it but when there isnt many left the individual is actually forced to get things himself and the way how archeage works they bait you with something and you think the next one will be it .

  10. #20
    Junior Member Zaviera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    2
    This is my opinion on this whole Apex thing. In fact I came, to the forums, to make a post about this very thing when I saw this one going.

    Apex are used by players like me to play the game we love for free. I do not disagree with the current system at all but lets be frank here. Archeage is loosing people left right and center and as we do we have less and less people selling Apex and the cost is growing exponentially. I am here, just as you are, to have fun and enjoy a few hours ( if I am lucky) of downtime I get every night. I do not want to spend all my time on here making money just to pay for my account. I hear all the arguments including its easy to make money and I agree it is, but not everyone in this world has 2 hours a day to play games and not everyone in this world can justify paying for a game. So to all you people out there with your own opinions I am willing to listen to yours and hear you but keep in mind not everyone has your set of circumstances.

    I think in all fairness the best way to fix the rising cost of Apex is for them to be put on a general merchant for sale by Archeage for a set price. That way there would be a "guideline" that players could follow when pricing theirs. Like , for example. hereafter stones. This would leave people a choice, both buyers and sellers.


    I know no one wants to admit it but at the end of the day, right now, every patron account on here is paid for one way or another and if we don't act now pretty soon the only people on here that will be left is the truly free to play players or the monthly subscribers and I am pretty sure there is not enough of those left to keep this game going.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts