+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: List of whats broken in aa

List of whats broken in aa

1. TRADE - there is none and since u need charcoal to make virtually anything and the price is stupidly high or none existent it sort of drives new and old players away as they cant evolve in the game.

2. ARENAS - The match up are ridiculous 3kgs vs 8kgs are u having a laugh??? Best piece of advice to anyone new or gearing up ..... dont bother.

3. LAG - I played this game from the early days and had a 2 year break ... same issues still exist with lag at major areas and also you now have the cheek to charge for the 'FOLLOW' ability and it still doesnt work properly ... same rubbish of is sticking / losing follow and its years later ... this should have been fixed along time ago.

4. ZERO SEA CONFLICT - When i played in the early days everyone was fighting all night long on the open sea ... factions vs Pirates etc ... now nothing everyone crowds round the trade hubs looking to ninja the 1 pack that turns up on a clipper to get some charcoal ... its really sad to see this

5. BALANCE THE COMBAT - FFS its not hard ... hire someone who can do some maths as at the moment the combat is just crap ... its not even people with high gs but people all playing about 3 classes now ... you sold this game on the amount of classes you can play .... but u cant as most of them are ♥♥♥♥ ... Get it sorted you have had plenty of time.

I can see why everyone is leaving its a bit of a shambles ... the game has so much promise it just need polishing as atm it looks / feels and plays like a beta game

Feel free to add anything else to the thread so maybe someone will take a look and do something about it .... but i doubt it as i get the feeling they are going the same way FUNCOM went.

The interface:

chat interface still have issues with c ctrl c v ctrl v and a
    guild interface to bare minimum functionnality

plenty more on the interface but I wouldn t bother to type as I know it's sort of pointless.

Only thing positive : it's an old school type that reminds me of games in the early 2000's, games I liked (hi shadowbane). But even then those games provided a better user experience than this one designed almost 20 years later. I think you could use a generic template and still come up with something better.

On a side note finally progress were made for the AH UI. Had to point that out to be fair

I propose that the Commerce system is broken not because the system of commerce is broken, but because it is not profitable enough compared to other sources of gold on legacy servers, or not enough people need gold on legacy servers. Take for example the Fresh start server, where commerce is effectively the most profitable vocation right now. Commerce is constantly done and there are stocks of over 100 of every cargo regardless of exchange, Charcoal turn ins are at 70-100%. 20k charcoal is sold everyday.

The problem with legacy is that the economy becomes stagnant because people cap out on gear, and stop needing stuff. There is a reason why charcoal is being added to nearly every design in the game, to keep the trade system running. Did you know that HP/MP potions were patched to require charcoal (and less grown materials) in a recent KR patch?

I agree that trade is clearly broken on legacy. I'm sure they have data on that one to prove that the changes were terrible for the game. The commerce issues are the biggest issue with the game right now because the make it impossible to close the gear gap. The devs have been making other changes that have continued to make things easier for free farmers while making it impossible to ever close the gear gap for anyone else. That design paradigm needs to change if this game is to survive.

On skill balance...

They need to set up a pvp balance test server and allow people to copy their main character over to that for testing purposes. A forum needs to be created for players to discuss changes. Small, focused changes need to be applied to that server for players to test the end result and see how it plays out. Making massive changes creates opportunity to break everything much worse. Small, focused changes are a better decision. Then players on the forum could tell the devs when the changes are ready for prime time.

The coefficients for archery are unbalanced with everything else. This makes archery overpowered. This is self-evident by simply looking at how many people switched to archery and how many 6k archers are more powerful than 9k melee's. It's obviously broken.

Also, songcraft used to require skill to use effectively. Some skills were changed into extremely broken abilities. End result is that people splash songcraft instead of play as a dedicated bard. Dissonance is the most obviously broken skill in the patch. It should be reverted back to the AoE debuff that doesn't disable off hand. AoE skill damage debuff was balanced. Target shield disable with 30% hp debuff and massive skill dmg debuff is broken. I think the correct action is the start by changing dissonance back to how it used to be and make the abyssal buff different and monitor the changes.

CC in general (especially AoE) is completely out of control. This translates into a meta of CC locking groups while dpsing them down. It's dumb. It's brainless pvp. PVP where one side doesn't get to take any actions for an extended period of time is garbage pvp.

These issues are the tip of the iceberg. Like I said, we need a forum and test server to flesh out the details and make things better.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanA View Post
    I propose that the Commerce system is broken not because the system of commerce is broken, but because it is not profitable enough compared to other sources of gold on legacy servers, or not enough people need gold on legacy servers. Take for example the Fresh start server, where commerce is effectively the most profitable vocation right now. Commerce is constantly done and there are stocks of over 100 of every cargo regardless of exchange, Charcoal turn ins are at 70-100%. 20k charcoal is sold everyday.

The problem with legacy is that the economy becomes stagnant because people cap out on gear, and stop needing stuff. There is a reason why charcoal is being added to nearly every design in the game, to keep the trade system running. Did you know that HP/MP potions were patched to require charcoal (and less grown materials) in a recent KR patch?
    I will echo this sentiment, I was one of the hardcore skeptics about the system pre-fresh start and super worried when the first charcoal generation led it's price to being 60 gold/each. However, the system clearly works when it's supported by sufficient population and a desire for gear, the problem is more of a population issue with Legacy and as Ryan details the lack of people needing to gear up is the real issue not whether the trade system does or does not work.
    GM <Unforgiven>

1. The game

2. Both Trion and XL

3. Communication between developer and community, no one cares about the publisher.

4 -10. RNG boxes.

1. cash in mentality of developer and publisher through p2w instead of working to make better game experience for customer.

This number1 issue affects all the broken systems in the game from broken trading to broken pvp to wrong assumptions when a customer should reach the potential to enjoy every aspect of the game he pays for.

2. There isn#t any "Conquer" part. Which is false advertising, -'Craft,claim,conquer'- When did someone took part on a siege last time ? In classic classy games in the good old golden era, there was almost daily massive sieges, on important castle i personally took part on a 2000 vs 2000 massive battle at the haydays of Darkfall and even not populated classic games like Ryzom offered weekly 150 vs 150 massive battles in the their DECLINING days.
    It seems like the devs/publisher do everything to HINDER siege occurance in Archeage by stupid rules and mechanics, not that it would be a good enjoyment for many since the BIGGEST GEAR GAP IN HISTORY OF GAMES.

Game has been on a steady decline ever since they started catering to the casuals in Korea and then giving the same updates to the NA/EU. If they actually kept true to what ArcheAge is supposed to be, an open world sandbox game with no limitations, and focused on world PvP/content, kept up with new events/festivals, kept the marketplace to cosmetic, then this game would be be making an incredible amount of money and last for a really long time.

Quote Originally Posted by story View Post
    Game has been on a steady decline ever since they started catering to the casuals in Korea and then giving the same updates to the NA/EU. If they actually kept true to what ArcheAge is supposed to be, an open world sandbox game with no limitations, and focused on world PvP/content, kept up with new events/festivals, kept the marketplace to cosmetic, then this game would be be making an incredible amount of money and last for a really long time.
    Wrong. The game would end up with a shorter lifespan due to less players being on the hook for the whales to feed on. Gear gap was the issue driving players away once they realise they could never catch up.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast