+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: List of whats broken in aa

Quote Originally Posted by story View Post
    Game has been on a steady decline ever since they started catering to the casuals in Korea and then giving the same updates to the NA/EU. If they actually kept true to what ArcheAge is supposed to be, an open world sandbox game with no limitations, and focused on world PvP/content, kept up with new events/festivals, kept the marketplace to cosmetic, then this game would be be making an incredible amount of money and last for a really long time.
    You must not be playing the game. This game is by no means casual friendly
    Been a month and my ticket have yet been resolve.
    My account was hacked and i lost everything
    141008-002654
    Never Solved but not happy
    10/08/2014

Just been on NA server and only 3 APEX for sale on AH at 2500gp each .... i believe they are intentionally trying to close the game now .... gonna start looking for another game.

The ridiculous auto-targeting is attrocious. It should automatically lock onto the closest target in front of you. Instead you end up firing an arrow at something you cant even see because it is off the screen to the left or right, while the enemy coming directly toward you is ignored.. If you turn it off, tabbing takes to long to be effective and you get killed faster. And lastly, it at times will Not unlock from its set target no matter how many times you hit the tab. At MM, near a tower, it locks onto the tower and will not target any of the Red characters approaching. I have also had a wall of reds in front of me, hit tab, and it locks on someone in the middle of the pack, outside arrow range.

Why is the auto-targeting so bad after this many years?

Quote Originally Posted by dumbo View Post
    The ridiculous auto-targeting is attrocious. It should automatically lock onto the closest target in front of you. Instead you end up firing an arrow at something you cant even see because it is off the screen to the left or right, while the enemy coming directly toward you is ignored.. If you turn it off, tabbing takes to long to be effective and you get killed faster. And lastly, it at times will Not unlock from its set target no matter how many times you hit the tab. At MM, near a tower, it locks onto the tower and will not target any of the Red characters approaching.

Why is the auto-targeting so bad after this many years?
    I have to agree on this one, this is extremely annoying when you board a red galleon. Yeah sure lets tab through all the ship components before getting to the players.
    Jamile
    Taris

Quote Originally Posted by Islyn View Post
    Another useless post from you. What a surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by OrganisedCrime View Post
    Just been on NA server and only 3 APEX for sale on AH at 2500gp each .... i believe they are intentionally trying to close the game now .... gonna start looking for another game.
    wow

GR rift is broken now after patch,it aint spawning

Quote Originally Posted by Mangogogo View Post
    Wrong. The game would end up with a shorter lifespan due to less players being on the hook for the whales to feed on. Gear gap was the issue driving players away once they realise they could never catch up.
    This is a Fact. This is absolutely true.

It's just common sense to address it, figure out someway to keep GS from going nuts.

But they just repeat the same process. FS started well, everyone is equal, its competitive and lots of players. But the Plan they laid out is a game Killer. Common sense tells you that. Phase 2 - GS increase. Phase 3 - GS increase. Phase 4 - GS increases. Therefore, after this point, (about 6 months) there will be No more new players. They cannot catch up. Period.

The Haram gear is supposed to be the bandaid - but it will be no better than the free gear they gave out every year. Remember? Celestial grade, can NOT upgrade it, or evenstone it. 3.7k GS. That's their answer to new players being competitive with (at the time) 6k - 7k GS.

When GS is at 6k - 7k on FS, tell the new player - just farm Haram gear, you can catch up - in about 10 years - since those current 6k - 7k will be on their way to 10k by then. And then you say to the new player "Hey, wait! Where you going? That's the exit!"

This is the Third start of Archeage. That should be a hint. The game has a plan that is self destructive. If anything needs to be fixed, that is it.

Quote Originally Posted by dumbo View Post
    snip
    I completely agree with you. But on the other hand, what is Trion supposed to do?

FS players are constantly yelling at Trion to bring out the phases and release this or that early. Everyone has the same gear and the gap is small, I don't have any mindless grinding to do constantly to try to get ahead right now, there's nothing to do.

As for the Hiram gear...well, reactions to that in this forum is pretty obvious. Granted, it's like half a dozen threads all created by the same person. But still...all the "discussion" that it will be super easy to get, and it'll be better than every other type of gear.... (I'd imagine you already know that Hiram gear can be basically upgraded to better Hiram gear, and that XL plans to eventually add Hiram gear that's somewhere around Ayanad/T7 equivalent and goes up to Legendary. - At that point, given the initial reaction about Celestial, it's just how much do the players here whine to try to get it nerfed or drop rates nerfed... Muh servers are dead, everyone quits, hurr durr, no don't add anything that would let people even almost catch up after months or a year+ of grinding.)

At the end of the day though you're right about the game's plan. But recently, the players aren't exactly helping much. - Well...unless you actually like and enjoy alts and having to have a dozen you're constantly logging in and out and swapping between to play the game, lets be honest, the players haven't been helping for a while. Or at least, the loudest voices haven't been helping.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukealex View Post
    I completely agree with you. But on the other hand, what is Trion supposed to do?

FS players are constantly yelling at Trion to bring out the phases and release this or that early. Everyone has the same gear and the gap is small, I don't have any mindless grinding to do constantly to try to get ahead right now, there's nothing to do.

As for the Hiram gear...well, reactions to that in this forum is pretty obvious. Granted, it's like half a dozen threads all created by the same person. But still...all the "discussion" that it will be super easy to get, and it'll be better than every other type of gear.... (I'd imagine you already know that Hiram gear can be basically upgraded to better Hiram gear, and that XL plans to eventually add Hiram gear that's somewhere around Ayanad/T7 equivalent and goes up to Legendary. - At that point, given the initial reaction about Celestial, it's just how much do the players here whine to try to get it nerfed or drop rates nerfed... Muh servers are dead, everyone quits, hurr durr, no don't add anything that would let people even almost catch up after months or a year+ of grinding.)

At the end of the day though you're right about the game's plan. But recently, the players aren't exactly helping much. - Well...unless you actually like and enjoy alts and having to have a dozen you're constantly logging in and out and swapping between to play the game, lets be honest, the players haven't been helping for a while. Or at least, the loudest voices haven't been helping.
    Alts making gold isnt exclusive to archeage. WoW has the same system, you simply have to put more effort into it, by actually switching characters/accs, or risk being banned multiboxing.

The thing that makes WoW successful though, despite the gold influx, is that all their endgame gear is through raids, crafting and quest gear are roughly on par, until sub-endgame, where crafting has a few more stages, finally reaching actual endgame with rare raid drops, whose abilities can pnly be used in open world and not BGs/arenas.

Their open world combat is still skewed towards who can grind the gear more easily, BUT EVERYONE can enter the raids with no enemy interruption, allowing EVERYONE to reach a point of being competitive with time. if Hiram gear, quest gear and crafted gear were the only sets, and regrading was removed for only feeding your sets through other crafted/hiram pieces, you'd have far more people actually be able to compete in this game, and it would thrive.

Quest gear would be inferior to crafted =/= Hiram, and Hiram becoming the overall best pieces, due to higher tiers being available

Edit: Make Hiram gear the dungeon engame gear.**
    Pew
    <The Oracle God>
    ♤Lord of Halcyona♤

Youtube Channel:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuU..._as=subscriber
    Twitter:
    https://twitter.com/xXBigBossCross1?lang=en
    Twitch Stream Channel:
    https://www.twitch.tv/pewsivraj

Quote Originally Posted by Lukealex View Post

Well, since you asked, this is what I think they should do:

Objective - Fix and stabilize the game so that experienced players have new challenges and new players can get involved and develop

Number One: Remove Labor from the Game. Period. Nothing costs labor. Keep the experience point gain from performing the task.
    This resolves the Alt issue pretty much.

Number two: Remove Follow the Leader from the game. If you have alts, and you want them to move, you do it from the keyboard. Does this make traderuns take more time? Yes. What's your point?

Number three: Remove multiboxing from the game. I know this can be done. I have played other mmos where the option to turn on or turn off multiboxing was in the log in options. If you want to use Alt accounts, you can only use one account at a time per computer.

Number four: Set a Hard Ceiling on Gear. Delphinad - Obsidian T-5 - whatever. That's it. Period. That is the highest gear that will ever be attainable. Offer different variations of the same basic gear so people can customize and play to their own preferred style.

Combat should be a test of Skills - Not GS. New players will see what they can attain, with effort and time put in. And they will see that at some point they WILL be on a par with the established players. So they will stay with the game and learn how to use the Skills effectively.

Number five: Make it a sub only game, for 15 a month, but with that 15 a month also comes (arbitrary number) 750 credits in the marketplace. And as for the marketplace, ONLY cosmetics in the marketplace - not even mirage items in marketplace. Mirage island was built for people to go there and use it. Defeats the purpose when you put the items sold in Mirage, into the marketplace. Yes, it takes a few extra minutes, but stop and smell the roses occasionally.

Number six: make the loyalty items costs realistic. I don't know who came up with the idea that a single charm that only adds a few points to a stat should require logging in for 40 days straight, but thats a ridiculous idea. The loyalty shop costs are stupidly high for what the player is actually receiving.

Number seven: Remove gold costs from taking actions. The siphoning of gold from the characters is beyond attrocious. Costs a copper for every basic item produced - lumber, ingot, whatever. It costs gold to attempt a regrade, costs gold to do practically ANYTHING. This does not even mimic real life. How much does the government charge you every time you make a sandwich by yourself? Let players keep the characters gold and use it to buy things the character needs.

This is probably my top seven fixes.

Since you asked. 8)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2