+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 79

Thread: Double Honor Event and Trion logic behind it

  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Raeliiq View Post
    You said in a previous post you had 1 person doing the quest and the other 4 at the turn in...and once again I said that this per trion is not technically against the rules just the spirit of it.

    You didn't break the official rules as you weren't using any 3rd party program to control 5 toons simultaneously but you were abusing an in game system to generate 4x's the amount of honor you should have been able to generate. (Or else you likely would have been perma-banned).

    The idea that simply putting a bot on follow or as you stated AFK at the turn in guy and completing quests with a main is right/wrong isn't really the question because by the TOS its clearly not.

    So your argument is a letter of the law interpretation of the TOS and trions suspension of your accounts as mentioned was more a spirit of the law interpretation.

    But just to be clear the TOS gives them a lot of flexibility interpreting it in anyway they want.
    Let me be perfectly clear here. No they were not bots. The wording is false, bot implies using a 3rd party AI or a macro. Yes follow was used but so what people use that for cart trains, follow command as an ingame script and perfectly legal.
    If what I did was abusing the quest so was everyone else. The raids happened day and night for those quests and all of those raids were not lacking alts doing the same thing. Explain me this, why isn't the server a ghost town right now? Obviously I caught a gripe with a GM with a vendetta against my 10 alts. My main wasn't permaed as he only got a suspension.

    Again this doesn't make sense because I was clearing the mobs with an alt while the main was sitting at the quest giver (on NA).

    Your argument lies entirely on "spirit of the game" what exactly does that mean? Is it legal or not to have alts?

  2. #42
    Senior Member MonolithD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    2,508
    oh boy here we go again....

    Quote Originally Posted by Shekel View Post
    If I quit the demand would reduce. The alts I've made would stop generating labor/resources that this game desperately needs.
    It wouldn't because Apex is ALWAYS in high demand, by everyone. Nobody cares about your alts, there is plenty more to go around. Less people are spending $$$ on the game, more are turning f2p.
    Like you and I both said...someone else would buy it, you can drop out and the apex will still sell.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shekel View Post
    Now imagine this on a server scale, remove alts. Farms get removed, labor, prof, basic resources skyrocket. Suddenly people are trading 100 lumber for an apex. Non alt poor players can't afford a clipper. Only income becomes larceny and the two farms you have. Archeum plummets. Charcoal skyrockets in price and at the end of the day you're stuck in the same position as before. Gear is no cheaper, the whale gets the same amount of gold from an apex since rng boxes and credit goodies are reintroduced into the game as well as OP charms.
    Now imagine this crazy story, you will hardly believe it's true...

    Before altage, Unique and celestial was the meta. An item on the auction house costed 1400g for a celestial - I know, I was there playing on both regions as mains.

    A single account from got 300g a day from princes purses by selling the braziers / trees, you got your celestial piece in 5 days - FROM A SINGLE ACCOUNT.

    Fast forward to glorious altage, an epic item is the meta and will cost you 12000g... New players don't even bother. You stupid alts became the NECESSITY to play the game.

    Ironically, gold was much easier to make then but apex was 400g, affordable to new players, now 1k because of your alt addiction, not to mention you saturate the market with raw mats so new players make hardly any coin from anything.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shekel View Post
    You clearly don't understand the economy of this game. At least this way a f2p player has a chance to compete with those armed with credit card.
    With 3 epic buffs going up to 2 years back and nolifing this game, I can say I know a lot more than you do.

    I can flip that right back at you. The whales did not create the massive gear gap, it was the mainstream alts that did. You didn't help the situation, you made it worse lol

    Quote Originally Posted by Shekel View Post
    You say new players, the new players are people in arcane GHA or unique quest gear stumbling around in hybrid classes, they have no clue where to even begin in this game. Its an MMO with endless possibilities but it seems the only way to have fun in 2-3 months is to forget about the first month and just grind your butt off.
    The only new players are FS ones, whom I can bet you have either left already from the Family fishing alt abuse, or perhaps the kadum alt abuse or maybe even the latest one, your honor alt abuse.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shekel View Post
    Yes I buy it because I need it, there's always a demand for an apex. Remove alts u reduce demand on apex but you increase demand on resources. The value is still traded for and its essentially mine. I really don't care for your rationalizations on disputing the legitimacy of my value. Its in my inventory and its as if I paid 10$ for it.
    That's fine, each to their own.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekel View Post
    Let me be perfectly clear here. No they were not bots. The wording is false, bot implies using a 3rd party AI or a macro. Yes follow was used but so what people use that for cart trains, follow command as an ingame script and perfectly legal.
    If what I did was abusing the quest so was everyone else. The raids happened day and night for those quests and all of those raids were not lacking alts doing the same thing. Explain me this, why isn't the server a ghost town right now? Obviously I caught a gripe with a GM with a vendetta against my 10 alts. My main wasn't permaed as he only got a suspension.

    Again this doesn't make sense because I was clearing the mobs with an alt while the main was sitting at the quest giver (on NA).

    Your argument lies entirely on "spirit of the game" what exactly does that mean? Is it legal or not to have alts?
    I'm not arguing with you...I actually agree that if as you describe the activity taking place you didn't deserve even a temporary suspension.

    The grey area comes to using/abusing game systems in an unintended manner for gain, and whether or not that's even suspension or ban worthy. I don't know the answer to that question...apparently the GM that banned you believed that you were abusing the system.

    You can argue whether what you were doing is right/wrong til you are blue in the face, the simple truth of the matter is just like with Kadum the honor quests were never intended to be farmed in this manner.
    GM <Unforgiven>

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by MonolithD View Post
    oh boy here we go again....



    It wouldn't because Apex is ALWAYS in high demand, by everyone. Nobody cares about your alts, there is plenty more to go around. Less people are spending $$$ on the game, more are turning f2p.
    Like you and I both said...someone else would buy it, you can drop out and the apex will still sell.



    Now imagine this crazy story, you will hardly believe it's true...

    Before altage, Unique and celestial was the meta. An item on the auction house costed 1400g for a celestial - I know, I was there playing on both regions as mains.

    A single account from got 300g a day from princes purses by selling the braziers / trees, you got your celestial piece in 5 days - FROM A SINGLE ACCOUNT.

    Fast forward to glorious altage, an epic item is the meta and will cost you 12000g... New players don't even bother. You stupid alts became the NECESSITY to play the game.

    Ironically, gold was much easier to make then but apex was 400g, affordable to new players, now 1k because of your alt addiction, not to mention you saturate the market with raw mats so new players make hardly any coin from anything.



    With 3 epic buffs going up to 2 years back and nolifing this game, I can say I know a lot more than you do.

    I can flip that right back at you. The whales did not create the massive gear gap, it was the mainstream alts that did. You didn't help the situation, you made it worse lol



    The only new players are FS ones, whom I can bet you have either left already from the Family fishing alt abuse, or perhaps the kadum alt abuse or maybe even the latest one, your honor alt abuse.



    That's fine, each to their own.
    This was not my experience. I remember the unique celest meta and whales back then had celest and the items would start downgrading from heroic coupled with ultra expensive scrolls that you could only drop from coins.
    Don't give me this nonsense that you got a celest buff during this period from just opening coins because back then I was fishing and I never passed heroic. Granted I didn't know much about the game then as I do now.
    I was ultra poor back then and everything seemed out of reach for me. Just like the "new players" u refer to now. I quit back then because my hasla t3 weapon downgraded to arcane.

    You mean fast forward when scrolls became accessible and not dropped from rng boxes only and the regrade rates somewhat improved as well addition of obsidian? That's when I played with 1 alt (rangora) and I had an epic weapon. I was fishing then too with a single account while the other had a sizeable thunderfarm all bought with gold.

    The meta change from celest to epic was because of XL and not because of the addition of alts.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Raeliiq View Post
    I'm not arguing with you...I actually agree that if as you describe the activity taking place you didn't deserve even a temporary suspension.

    The grey area comes to using/abusing game systems in an unintended manner for gain, and whether or not that's even suspension or ban worthy. I don't know the answer to that question...apparently the GM that banned you believed that you were abusing the system.

    You can argue whether what you were doing is right/wrong til you are blue in the face, the simple truth of the matter is just like with Kadum the honor quests were never intended to be farmed in this manner.
    So ban the entire server, if I'm guilty so is everyone else.

  6. #46
    Senior Member MonolithD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    2,508
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekel View Post
    The meta change from celest to epic was because of XL and not because of the addition of alts.
    No, the meta went to divine following the regrade event with the amazing xmas box smashing that made it capable for pretty much everyone to get it.

    Players with massive alt armies like yourself abused the ♥♥♥♥ out of that event, so they did what? Put a labor cap on the box smashing, nerfed the rewards to death and made it practically useless... alts ruined archeage dude, it is now a generic-minimum-wage-paying-apex-farming-sim.

    I can almost bet you, they will remove the honor quests to fix this from happening again, or stop honor events in general because that is how they fix things, instead of fixing the bottom line problem.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by MonolithD View Post
    No, the meta went to divine following the regrade event with the amazing xmas box smashing that made it capable for pretty much everyone to get it.

    Players with massive alt armies like yourself abused the ♥♥♥♥ out of that event, so they did what? Put a labor cap on the box smashing, nerfed the rewards to death and made it practically useless... alts ruined archeage dude, it is now a generic-minimum-wage-paying-apex-farming-sim.

    I can almost bet you, they will remove the honor quests to fix this from happening again, or stop honor events in general because that is how they fix things, instead of fixing the bottom line problem.
    Again I'm telling you, as the regrade rates improved and the availability of scrolls became more abundant the minimum gear requirement increased. This was done by XL since it was a problem in Korea too. Koreans also use alts to play this game but they are restricted to only one client opened. Alts are designed in this game at its core as much as the p2w is. Get this game a sub model and you still won't fix the alts. Its such an absurd proposal I simply don't see it happening. XL is better off creating a completely new MMO then fixing this underlying issue. Now can you stop crying over things that are allowed in this game.

    Its a one time thing. These quests can't be repeated unless you create 10 more accounts and get them to 30.

  8. #48
    Junior Member Brazik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    16
    I always push "report" button if see 10+ characters in one place with 10 packs behind, 10+ accounts it is even not multiboxing. This is bots for RMT in 100%.

  9. #49
    Senior Member MonolithD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    2,508
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekel View Post
    Again I'm telling you, as the regrade rates improved and the availability of scrolls became more abundant the minimum gear requirement increased. This was done by XL since it was a problem in Korea too. Koreans also use alts to play this game but they are restricted to only one client opened. Alts are designed in this game at its core as much as the p2w is. Get this game a sub model and you still won't fix the alts. Its such an absurd proposal I simply don't see it happening. XL is better off creating a completely new MMO then fixing this underlying issue.
    You skipped everything I said and threw me with a 1st grader answer, a generalization at best. That is not what happened dude

    You think a sub server is more absurd than fresh starts every year? lol

    Quote Originally Posted by Shekel View Post
    Now can you stop crying over things that are allowed in this game.
    You are the one crying buddy, you brought this to the forum, not me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shekel View Post
    Its a one time thing. These quests can't be repeated unless you create 10 more accounts and get them to 30.
    For the massive honor during events it will still be abused, that's why you here ain't it?

    Tons of roaches + honor event + spam quest = totally legit gameplay *thumbs up*

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Snerdles View Post
    Yes, it's abusing an error in design for advantages.
    How about the figurehead CD trick? Using it on levi? Dont you think thats a bit more serious than banning alts for doing quests?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts