+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
Results 71 to 79 of 79

Thread: Double Honor Event and Trion logic behind it

  1. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by dumbo View Post
    Did nothing wrong? Your Alts did NOT do the quests. They did NOT kill any monsters as they were instructed to in the quest. They stood around, ABUSING the mechanics of Raid. And then they take the Honor points as if they actually participated and performed the Quest.

    If you don't actually DO the job, you don't get paid.

    And if you come out with the "I didn't make the rules on how raids work" response, then you fall into the same category as the guild that killed the glitched Leviathan. They were obnoxious and brash about taking advantage of a mechanics glitch.

    All members of the guild who were at the event were banned and the guild was disbanded, making the remaining players from that guild find new guilds to join.
    The reason people formed raids in the first place is for this quest to go faster. Its 400 mobs, did you happen to kill every single mob in all 9 zones? if not you don't deserve it. Your logic is garbage.

    I geared 2 alts for this, I ran trough the all 9 zones 4 times. I damn well deserve everything I got.

  2. #72
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    685
    Most of the comments are just vindictive rants about alts but you didn't break any of their existing rules. Are alts completing quests in a party/raid not allowed now? People have been doing this same thing in CR/GR for years. YEARS. So maybe trion needs to clarify what they consider permissible with alts. It's extremely poor practice and lazy for a publisher to make up ad hoc reasons on the spot (that don't even rise to being rules) and ban without any prior warning.

  3. #73
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Brazik View Post
    I always push "report" button if see 10+ characters in one place with 10 packs behind, 10+ accounts it is even not multiboxing. This is bots for RMT in 100%.
    You are just jealous that they can run 10 game clients and you cannot. Buy yourself a better pc.

    On the topic, I am fully on OP's side because I feel that he's been banned unfairly. Its not stated anywhere that you cannot complete quests with your alts and logging in multiple alts is explicitly allowed.

    Dear Trion, please state somewhere clearly which alt activity is bannable because now I see that its only illegal to use the multiboxing software to simultaneously control your alts and yet OP was banned for simply using his alts manually without any software. Please answer these questions:

    I use my alts to prevent people from hijacking my merchant schooner, is this abuse?
    I use my alts to do efficient pack runs, is it abusing?
    I use my alts to not waste main's labor on crop harvesting, is this abuse?
    Am I allowed to participate in ingame events such as Crimson Rift, The Battle Of Mistmerrow Basin, Double Honor Event with my alts?
    Can I do the "Protector of ..." honor quests on my alts?
    Am I allowed to farm the Daily Contracts on my alts?

  4. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyres View Post
    Most of the comments are complaining about alts generally but you didn't break any of their existing rules. So maybe trion needs to clarify what they consider permissible with alts. It's extremely poor practice and lazy for a publisher to make up rules on the spot and ban without any prior warning.
    It wasn't an auto-ban but rather a manual ban. If I was flagged for insane amount of honor generation then every single alt that ran these zones also should've been.

    This is not what happened. I had about 70000-80000 honor split amongst 10 alts, I tried selling it, wrote down the number and then I was banned.
    Logs prove this, there was no exploit. I was doing the quests that had almost the entire server doing them at the time (some with alts some solo).

    Its why this makes no sense to me, My main received a 24h suspension, why wasn't he permaed with the rest of the alts? Obviously they are making rules as they go. GM banned me when he saw the number on trade chat as he wasn't going around the zones checking if people were abusing "muh alts, muh raid mechanics" around.

  5. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by nullpointer View Post
    You are just jealous that they can run 10 game clients and you cannot. Buy yourself a better pc.

    On the topic, I am fully on OP's side because I feel that he's been banned unfairly. Its not stated anywhere that you cannot complete quests with your alts and logging in multiple alts is explicitly allowed.

    Dear Trion, please state somewhere clearly which alt activity is bannable because now I see that its only illegal to use the multiboxing software to simultaneously control your alts and yet OP was banned for simply using his alts manually without any software. Please answer these questions:

    I use my alts to prevent people from hijacking my merchant schooner, is this abuse?
    I use my alts to do efficient pack runs, is it abusing?
    I use my alts to not waste main's labor on crop harvesting, is this abuse?
    Am I allowed to participate in ingame events such as Crimson Rift, The Battle Of Mistmerrow Basin, Double Honor Event with my alts?
    Can I do the "Protector of ..." honor quests on my alts?
    Am I allowed to farm the Daily Contracts on my alts?

    I can't run 10 clients. I ran 5 did all the quests in two runs both on NA and EU. Wen't sorcery/song/occultism for max aoe farm. That's some dedication and preparation for these quests, nothing that would constitute an abuse.

  6. #76
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    685
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekel View Post
    It wasn't an auto-ban but rather a manual ban. If I was flagged for insane amount of honor generation then every single alt that ran these zones also should've been.

    This is not what happened. I had about 70000-80000 honor split amongst 10 alts, I tried selling it, wrote down the number and then I was banned.
    Logs prove this, there was no exploit. I was doing the quests that had almost the entire server doing them at the time (some with alts some solo).

    Its why this makes no sense to me, My main received a 24h suspension, why wasn't he permaed with the rest of the alts? Obviously they are making rules as they go. GM banned me when he saw the number on trade chat as he wasn't going around the zones checking if people were abusing "muh alts, muh raid mechanics" around.
    Yea I read a bit more and updated my comment. This is the exact same thing people have been doing in CR and GR for years with mass alts. No reason at all to ban, particularly without warning. If they wanted to make a new rule first that would be fine and I would actually agree with such a rule, but this is just more of Trion being lazy and arbitrary with bans as they have done many times in the past.

  7. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyres View Post
    Yea I read a bit more and updated my comment. This is the exact same thing people have been doing in CR and GR for years with mass alts. No reason at all to ban, particularly without warning. If they wanted to make a new rule first that would be fine and I would actually agree with such a rule, but this is just more of Trion being lazy and arbitrary with bans as they have done many times in the past.
    70-80 gems is not even that much, enough to fully gem 2 guys.

  8. #78
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekel View Post
    I can't run 10 clients. I ran 5 did all the quests in two runs both on NA and EU. Wen't sorcery/song/occultism for max aoe farm. That's some dedication and preparation for these quests, nothing that would constitute an abuse.
    Even if they were 800gs leeches and if you logged in all 10 at the same time, it still should not be bannable because this is not an exploit.

  9. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by nullpointer View Post
    Even if they were 800gs leeches and if you logged in all 10 at the same time, it still should not be bannable because this is not an exploit.
    agreed, people did this with Kaduum, no one was banned. Kaduum was removed because of the server instability not because people used alts to complete the quests.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts