+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Double Honor Event and Trion logic behind it

Quote Originally Posted by Snerdles View Post
    Yes, it's abusing an error in design for advantages. Kind of like mass spamming alts as soon as you see that something is broken and giving double the currency rather than reporting it.

Same as you are allowed to make alts, but if you keep making them just to get gilda to sleep in the demo beds to get labor and then keep deleting your alts has historically lead to bans too.

Also, we don't even know if this was even the reason the OP was banned anyway. Seems unlikely considering how many alts people are running these days.
    Yea, the reason that was given to me was this.

GM Taakaze (Trion Worlds)

May 14, 13:26 CDT

Hello,

This is a notification that your account is in violation of our Code of Conduct. We have issued a 24 hour suspension for Honor Farming / Exploiting.

Please be aware that repeated violations of our Code of Conduct will lead to more severe actions taken on your account. If you have any questions please send an email to appeals@trionworlds.com.

Thank you for your attention regarding this matter and, as always, for playing ArcheAge.

Sincerely,

GM Taakaze

Trion Worlds Inc

I never did anything except do the quests with them, I dont think I even killed more then 3 enemy players during the questing. So how come servers are not empty now, since out of 100 people in raid I was holding for over 15h that day, not more then 10 people had GS over 2k, rest was just afk alts on honor guy delivering quests, while few of us were killing mobs.

Yes, it's abusing an error in design for advantages. Kind of like mass spamming alts as soon as you see that something is broken and giving double the currency rather than reporting it.

Same as you are allowed to make alts, but if you keep making them just to get gilda to sleep in the demo beds to get labor and then keep deleting your alts has historically lead to bans too.
    Agree +

Such is the wonderful world of archeage, 24H ban for leading a 3rd world poverty army of nobodies and calling it a raid.

Sounds like a legitimate ban, considering that's like 24k gold in honor lunagems. Should've lost that honor instead of that slap on the wrist.

So your assertion is that you got banned for 24 hours for honor farming actively playing alts to farm the quests?

So just by pure assertion since literally every player on the FS server farmed honor similarly over the weekend and I don't recall anyone getting even a temporary ban is that you were actively playing all of your alt toons that you farmed the honor with?

My guess is that you got reported for having 8 toons stuck to you and Trion slapped you with a "not in the spirit" 24 hour suspension.
    GM <Unforgiven>

Quote Originally Posted by Raeliiq View Post
    So your assertion is that you got banned for 24 hours for honor farming actively playing alts to farm the quests?

So just by pure assertion since literally every player on the FS server farmed honor similarly over the weekend and I don't recall anyone getting even a temporary ban is that you were actively playing all of your alt toons that you farmed the honor with?

My guess is that you got reported for having 8 toons stuck to you and Trion slapped you with a "not in the spirit" 24 hour suspension.
    You just need to have them in raid, and afk at he delivery guy for quest, you dont need to run around with them. And yea I had 5 logged at the same time, 4 at the Honor guy and playing with 5th one to kill the mobs to finish the quest.

Only main account is unbanned rest still banned even after 24h... No single reply from Trion to further explain their actions still.

Quote Originally Posted by Raeliiq View Post

Yep, seems like we aren't hearing anywhere near the whole story.
    Epic Erenor Scepter - 856 Magic Att, 733 gimped DPS.
    Epic Erenor Katana - 815.3 DPS.
    Epic Erenor Bow - 693 DPS... worse than the gimped weapon even though it's a primary weapon.
    "Balance" . . . This doesn't even take in to account the 978.4 epic erenor nodachi, or 978 mAtt staff.

Whats funny its that when the main guilds were all competing with each other to get highest naval rank arena's and were loading into naval arena with lots of alts, that would take over all the other boats in the game and keep them from participating, forcing them to sit there and wait for the match to end, Trion did nothing at all. They were informed, all they had to do was have a GM que for the day and they would have seen it all, but Muzzy said its 'to hard to enforce and we need to wait for XL to fix it'.

Yet they will police someone doing a quest with alts. How is a 5 wagon alt hauler train different than doing honor quests with alts? How is alts doing the new kraken quest any different?

Yep, seems like we aren't hearing anywhere near the whole story.
    Well you are hearing full story from my side. What that GM had on his mind I don't know. But this is what I got for the reason.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen.../Trion_Ban.jpg

your alt accounts are all f2p accounts. they have a history of banning people (their alts) if they have a large number of f2p alts being used in such a manner (to make large amounts of gold). it's one of those "not in the spirit of the game" things. but if you pay for patron it's somehow "in the spirit".

Also, we don't even know if this was even the reason the OP was banned anyway. Seems unlikely considering how many alts people are running these days.
    Then the entire server should be banned. Everyone and their mothers did this quest and brought alts with them for extra honor gain.
    This is not infinite labor generation with beds. This was a finite event with finite amount of honor you can gain from it and we did stay awake for 2 days trying to finish all these quests with all the alts we had at our disposal and you can't just print alts at the moment notice since you need lvl30 for these quests. All our alts were lvl50 well into the event and as I said, NO reason why this should be called an exploit.

https://imgur.com/a/tS6XXBO

Here's the reason, everything Ryuk and me said is true as I have no reason to lie and our mains already are unbanned. However the issue lies with our alts eating a perma instead of a 24h ban as the mains which makes no sense to me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast