+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: class balancing

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    22

    class balancing

    I don't get why XL made AA pvp-focused game when they don't even know how to balance the skill classes. Please balance them like icefrog did in dota/dota2. Some classes are so much stronger than other class.

    Battlerage

    Look how did battlerage get 9 sec trip from 3 skills alone. I mean hard cc like trip which works like stun. Are you serious? 9sec stun + free hit is not really joking at all. The best cc in game still trip/stun/implale, they are all considered as "stun". Almost nothing can counter trip other than redoubt which has 1min cooldown, yeah 1min other classes like witchcraft has like 20s CC like fear/sleep/snare but remember they are released once HIT, which means theres no free hit CC. While trip can lockdown and attack you for 9s continuously but witchcraft fear/sleep cannot do that.

    And what the hell "Behind enemy lines" has 21s cd with 20m range? THE F**KING BEST TELEPORT in game!!! 20m teleport with just 21 sec COOLDOWN enemy is too far press BEL, your tradepack is too heavy? spam BEL until your keyboard broke.

    puncture -3000 def on critical hit woooahhh that's nice, why not on other classes too? -3000 mdef on mage is awesome but only melee get this skill =(

    Archery

    this class has little to no damage at all, I don't care much about this class. But one thing the maximum range of archery should be capped at 20m majority of the time, 25m for a limited period of time. Nerfing the shooting range but the damage of archer should be buffed up 30~50%, they don't do much damage at all. Other skills are fine

    Songcraft

    what happen to Zeal that gives +60% crit dmg every 6 sec (12s cd)? that passive should be last 3 sec (12s cd) just like other triggered passive. This passive single handedly gives the caster +20~30% dmg output. And blood chantey gives +20% skill damage?? That's so fcking cool!! And other skill that gives +25% crit rate in songcraft tree. I doubt XL have any sense balancing class but still forces everyone to pvp

    sorry for bad English, Im not native English speaker

  2. #2
    Junior Member Cykes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Haranya
    Posts
    26
    Actually....Archer got some buff last patch and battlerage got some nerf

    battlerager is still op tho

  3. #3
    Senior Member Argentto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    329
    The archer is the first time it's okay.
    I do not understand why people claim the nerf of a dps.
    He is very weak and now he has less mobility ... if they take away the damage or distance ... he is ruined.

  4. #4
    Personally I find it hard to catch an archer, yeah I can Bel (and if my ping allows it hellspear, but normaly it misses ) but then they drop back or use that knock back skill and then its back to hitting me with endless arrows/other skill/endless arrows. I was a blighter/paladin but Def skill just seems a waste now so not sure what to go, probally archer as that seems to be one of the main meta's now. Although in 1v1 yeah if I catch him I can deal some damage (I'm not a high GS) but in group pvp archer rule. If they get caught then yes they'll die but is that not the assassins job? sneak up and kill then run away fast lol.

    But no matter what XL do to balance (but to me its more the gear gap that's the problem) the pvp, there will always be a meta build.


    PS: is that better trion? eh? hopefully no infraction this time?????

  5. #5
    Senior Member Argentto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    329
    Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    Personally I find it hard to catch an archer, yeah I can Bel (and if my ping allows it hellspear, but normaly it misses ) but then they drop back or use that knock back skill and then its back to hitting me with endless arrows/other skill/endless arrows. I was a blighter/paladin but Def skill just seems a waste now so not sure what to go, probally archer as that seems to be one of the main meta's now. Although in 1v1 yeah if I catch him I can deal some damage (I'm not a high GS) but in group pvp archer rule. If they get caught then yes they'll die but is that not the assassins job? sneak up and kill then run away fast lol.

    But no matter what XL do to balance (but to me its more the gear gap that's the problem) the pvp, there will always be a meta build.


    PS: is that better trion? eh? hopefully no infraction this time?????
    If you have plate + shield, the archer will only make you pew pew, clink, clunk, clonk. It has no damage on armor.
    Anyway, the archer in the next patch loses Serpent's Sight. I do not know to what point it is convenient now that the archer lost mobility in the 4.5 and now they take away the distance 50m.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    179
    Quote Originally Posted by Argentto View Post
    If you have plate + shield, the archer will only make you pew pew, clink, clunk, clonk. It has no damage on armor.
    Anyway, the archer in the next patch loses Serpent's Sight. I do not know to what point it is convenient now that the archer lost mobility in the 4.5 and now they take away the distance 50m.
    Lets be honest, 50m distance is outrageous.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Argentto View Post
    If you have plate + shield, the archer will only make you pew pew, clink, clunk, clonk. It has no damage on armor.
    Anyway, the archer in the next patch loses Serpent's Sight. I do not know to what point it is convenient now that the archer lost mobility in the 4.5 and now they take away the distance 50m.
    I went with leather so I could balance both damage types I now wish I had picked plate as I see more archers now that before, In fact I only remember this many archer's at the early stages of the game .

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodchow11 View Post
    I don't get why XL made AA pvp-focused game when they don't even know how to balance the skill classes. Please balance them like icefrog did in dota/dota2. Some classes are so much stronger than other class.

    Battlerage

    Look how did battlerage get 9 sec trip from 3 skills alone. I mean hard cc like trip which works like stun. Are you serious? 9sec stun + free hit is not really joking at all. The best cc in game still trip/stun/implale, they are all considered as "stun". Almost nothing can counter trip other than redoubt which has 1min cooldown, yeah 1min other classes like witchcraft has like 20s CC like fear/sleep/snare but remember they are released once HIT, which means theres no free hit CC. While trip can lockdown and attack you for 9s continuously but witchcraft fear/sleep cannot do that.

    And what the hell "Behind enemy lines" has 21s cd with 20m range? THE F**KING BEST TELEPORT in game!!! 20m teleport with just 21 sec COOLDOWN enemy is too far press BEL, your tradepack is too heavy? spam BEL until your keyboard broke.

    puncture -3000 def on critical hit woooahhh that's nice, why not on other classes too? -3000 mdef on mage is awesome but only melee get this skill =(

    Archery

    this class has little to no damage at all, I don't care much about this class. But one thing the maximum range of archery should be capped at 20m majority of the time, 25m for a limited period of time. Nerfing the shooting range but the damage of archer should be buffed up 30~50%, they don't do much damage at all. Other skills are fine

    Songcraft

    what happen to Zeal that gives +60% crit dmg every 6 sec (12s cd)? that passive should be last 3 sec (12s cd) just like other triggered passive. This passive single handedly gives the caster +20~30% dmg output. And blood chantey gives +20% skill damage?? That's so fcking cool!! And other skill that gives +25% crit rate in songcraft tree. I doubt XL have any sense balancing class but still forces everyone to pvp

    sorry for bad English, Im not native English speaker
    in 4.5 Bows are killed from 2-3 shots of mages with a high HS in general imbalance but are noisy for millimeters which have long been cut

    you do not understand mechanics if you consider -3000 physical defense for 5 seconds as a good skill.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts