+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: Hiram Discussion, Feedback, Thoughts, Pre-Launch

Is this gear worth it?
    Even on legacy it'll be worth it. Probably not as main weapon but mostly for instrument and bow and/or off-hand. And it'll be even more true once they'll release the hiram T2.

For Armor on legacy, I think it might be worth it for certain classes once we get the T2. The extra HP/Resi on each piece can solve the low hp problem some ppl may have.

Please fix the drop rate. As well as some locations the mobs are mixed up between other mobs, i think they should be separate in a location.

I think every second mob should drop at least 1 Hiram piece - will kill the Fresh Start ecomomy faster

What interests me is the "Awoken" or "Awakening" system with 4.5.

Is Awoken Hiram gear available on NA/EU? (Legacy)

Quote Originally Posted by Aired View Post
    I got 13 pieces in Calmalands in 40 mins 60% loot buff. Also Diamond shores has tons of these mobs and it cycles to war. Going to be the place to go I think...
    Now do that in celest or divine mag gear instead of the mythic erernor set.
    Epic Erenor Scepter - 856 Magic Att, 733 gimped DPS.
    Epic Erenor Katana - 815.3 DPS.
    Epic Erenor Bow - 693 DPS... worse than the gimped weapon even though it's a primary weapon.
    "Balance" . . . This doesn't even take in to account the 978.4 epic erenor nodachi, or 978 mAtt staff.

Echo the Sentiment

I too want to echo the sentiment of increased dropped rate(at the very least on the Fresh Start Server). The thing that has made the fresh start so fun is the relatively equitable gear level of everyone, and as that gear number creeps up its safe to say that many players have well prepared to be fully gemmed and in divine plus epherium gear. There needs to be a happy median between rewarding the players who planned properly for epherium and are ready to go AND people who will be farming up Hiram Gear. I think the mere idea of a fullset taking a week or more is too slow, but a fullset of reasonably well stat'd gear should take several weeks. The RNG of the system and the stat rolls is sufficient pace and as such the drop rate should be accelerated.
    GM <Unforgiven>

Quote Originally Posted by blycee View Post
    1 Hour work to get 5-10 possible BEST slot gears on Fresh Start is just awesome.
    I'm not sure why I'm bothering to reply to you here when I could do so in one of your 5 or however many other threads, but why not....

1 hour work for (Disclaimer: up to) 5-10 bound unidentified gears, which going by odds might give you one or two pieces of gear that's the type you actually want, likely without a single stat you want on them.... I give up.

A couple quick questions as I probably won't get much time to test this if at all tonight and it's due...soon.

First, Grand obviously gives 100 XP - what if you synthesize a piece to Rare and try feeding the Rare in?

Second, 20 Labor per synthesis as of the latest patch, right?

Third, this one's more complex, but if anyone actually gets the chance to test the awakening system (I assume it's included? - perhaps a raid letting one person roll on all the gear?), please let us all know.

Fourth, it's probably worth testing prince's, etc crate drops at some point, since I think they got changed this patch? Also, just to confirm, do the new mobs drop Silver Crates?

Quote Originally Posted by Lukealex View Post
    A couple quick questions as I probably won't get much time to test this if at all tonight and it's due...soon.

First, Grand obviously gives 100 XP - what if you synthesize a piece to Rare and try feeding the Rare in?

Second, 20 Labor per synthesis as of the latest patch, right?

Third, this one's more complex, but if anyone actually gets the chance to test the awakening system (I assume it's included? - perhaps a raid letting one person roll on all the gear?), please let us all know.

Fourth, it's probably worth testing prince's, etc crate drops at some point, since I think they got changed this patch? Also, just to confirm, do the new mobs drop Silver Crates?
    Higher grade Hiram does give more xp. I put my Arcane Sleeves in and its worth 689 XP vs the grand 100.. Not sure on other grades yet.

Yes, it is 20 labor per feed, and I think this applies to everything, erenor, cloaks, costumes, underwear (tested Hiram and Costume).

Awaking system doesn't appear to be in the game yet... remember Omnom.io is ahead of us, that system is new just in Korea right now.

Drop rates of crates seem to be same IMO. Its hard to tell as I play 3 different servers, but from what I remember and the time I spent and buffs I had drop rates seem the same. As for other drops the new mobs drop everything that zone has to offer, including purses, crates, silver crates, and honor point gems. That said I did notice that when I was in golden ruins the mobs we're NOT dropping Forbidden spell gems (obsidian mat) but the normal mobs were. So, at the least, no obsidian mats.. but maybe, everything else confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Snerdles View Post
    Now do that in celest or divine mag gear instead of the mythic erernor set.
    I am under no delusion that it is going to be easy for fresh start. I play there too, and ya, its going to be a grind, but for me, I grind mobs every day anyway. The choice for me is do I pass on a Rookborne, Perinoor or Hasla war to farm these mobs, the amount of jesters crates dropping archeum is hard to pass up.. but I may.

Quote Originally Posted by Aired View Post
    Higher grade Hiram does give more xp. I put my Arcane Sleeves in and its worth 689 XP vs the grand 100.. Not sure on other grades yet.

Yes, it is 20 labor per feed, and I think this applies to everything, erenor, cloaks, costumes, underwear (tested Hiram and Costume).

Awaking system doesn't appear to be in the game yet... remember Omnom.io is ahead of us, that system is new just in Korea right now.

Drop rates of crates seem to be same IMO. Its hard to tell as I play 3 different servers, but from what I remember and the time I spent and buffs I had drop rates seem the same. As for other drops the new mobs drop everything that zone has to offer, including purses, crates, silver crates, and honor point gems. That said I did notice that when I was in golden ruins the mobs we're NOT dropping Forbidden spell gems (obsidian mat) but the normal mobs were. So, at the least, no obsidian mats.. but maybe, everything else confirmed.
    That's all good to hear! I asked my first question because I was wondering if, worst case scenario, you could roll your Celestial into a Grand if that 3rd stat didn't roll for you and get a good start on your next try. So, glad to hear that works. Just wanted to double check on the 20 Labor, as sometimes changes don't apply to everything.

Aww, I was hoping Awakening would be included (for Legacy of course) because it's part of the system/comes as a pair, but oh well. Hmm. That might make leveling your Hiram gear up an issue, as without the system in now, you potentially end up having your gear all ready to upgrade but having to farm a bunch of extra mobs to get the items to Awaken your gear to drop. Or maybe I'm overthinking it.

I mentioned drops as I seem to remember Prince's/Queen's Crates and such being changed to have Braziers/Trees removed and Hiram XP items added. Perhaps I'm early and that will be changed when we get Awakening added.

Could be an error with the obsidian mats, I remember reading that Malevolent Obsidian was removed from drops because of the Obsidian recipes that use it being phased out...Maybe someone forgot about them? Glad to hear there's Silver Crates...price of lunarite would get more exciting if the new popular mobs to grind didn't drop them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast