View Poll Results: What do you think about hiram drop rate?

Voters
289. You may not vote on this poll
  • Its easy to drop , need nerf

8 2.77%
  • the drop rate is ok

43 14.88%
  • the drop rate is low

56 19.38%
  • the drop rate really sucks

182 62.98%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: Hiram Gear drop rate survey

1.   Click here to go to the next Archeage Team post in this thread.   #51
    ArcheAge Community Manager
    Hey everyone,
    We've been keeping up with this thread and wanted to wait a bit to see how the hiram gear grind has panned out before responding.

We've been looking at the rate of collection and it is on par with the drop rate. We realize that the complaint is that the drop rate is too low, however, we were able to get a drop rate higher than Korea, so there will have to be some more time spent watching the results to see if there is a solid argument for altering it. We have seen the discussion swing both ways :

(it's fine, it should be this hard - it's too low, i can't gear up as effectively as I can with crafted gear
    and also
    (i've gotten so few pieces - i've got a celestial, unique, and more already)

I saw a comment about measuring the drop rate in gear/hour is not accurate and should be measured in gear/mob killed. Measuring by gear/mob kill is a much more accurate way to assess the drop rate, as different ability sets and levels will affect the time to kill a mob, which is, after all, the trigger for a piece of gear being dropped. We also understand that, because of this, the rate of collection differs between legacy and fresh start servers. We are including that in our considerations when delivering information to XL.

The feedback in this thread is collected and delivered to XL, along with collected drop data, for them to make the decision - keep the drop rate, or alter it up/down.

Quote Originally Posted by Muzzy View Post
    We've been looking at the rate of collection and it is on par with the drop rate. We realize that the complaint is that the drop rate is too low, however, we were able to get a drop rate higher than Korea, so there will have to be some more time spent watching the results to see if there is a solid argument for altering it.
    While that's technically true, it's not actually true in practice since Korea can get enough loot buffs that make drop rates almost reasonable.
    Epic Erenor Scepter - 856 Magic Att, 733 gimped DPS.
    Epic Erenor Katana - 815.3 DPS.
    Epic Erenor Bow - 693 DPS... worse than the gimped weapon even though it's a primary weapon.
    "Balance" . . . This doesn't even take in to account the 978.4 epic erenor nodachi, or 978 mAtt staff.

MAN U MADE MY DAY XD

better run trade packs n craft ur own gear at least u can temper it
    hiram can't be tempered i still farm hiram because i makes my gold income anyway and get me free gear even though the drop rate is fkin RNG and i hate it
    i get 6 pieces to 8 farming 1h with extra 40% drop rate +3% title
    really bothering me i kill about 5 mob in 30 sec

but yeah some people with good rng will say this is not bad the most unlucky will just loose their time

i think we need a 30 days +200% drop rate buff in cash shop

trion make money , we are happy , end of the problem

next
    so much nothing to say .... xD

Fresh server: DS in war time with no extra drop rate buffs.
    I got 2 items in 90 mins.

We cant make trains and kill 10000 creeps on a fresh server with 3k GS and so many people.
    I had a nice spot and killed creep after creep with no pause.

Maybe next year i will get my set and 2 stats.

Hiram gear was never meant to be fed to other hiram gear, because leveling it will be easier when the crates are edited. Each crate might give 25 to 100 xp to your item, so. You can get the items you want and wait for the crates.

Quote Originally Posted by Triosta View Post
    Hiram gear was never meant to be fed to other hiram gear, because leveling it will be easier when the crates are edited. Each crate might give 25 to 100 xp to your item, so. You can get the items you want and wait for the crates.
    I'm already got 450 crates but I don't have proper gear for leveling.
    Even if crates will be edited finding a proper gear can be a big problem.

What you mean with edited crates? what crates and what edit? haha

Please explain. what crates are you talking about? How does this work? Where is this information coming from?

korea understand their fault with this gear and they introduce:
    1. cheap upgrade items in shop
    2. dropping crates with archeum and regrade brazier also drops 50 exp items
    3. they have pots 120% drop rate in shops
    4. gear exp increased from 100 to 150 exp per item

Quote Originally Posted by ieJkee View Post
    korea understand their fault with this gear and they introduce:
    1. cheap upgrade items in shop
    2. dropping crates with archeum and regrade brazier also drops 50 exp items
    3. they have pots 120% drop rate in shops
    4. gear exp increased from 100 to 150 exp per item
    Yeah, IMHO, this would be helpful