View Poll Results: What do you think about hiram drop rate?

Voters
214. You may not vote on this poll
  • Its easy to drop , need nerf

5 2.34%
  • the drop rate is ok

33 15.42%
  • the drop rate is low

39 18.22%
  • the drop rate really sucks

137 64.02%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: Hiram Gear drop rate survey

so no updates until now? is the drop rate gonna stay the same?..

I believe they said that the drop rate would stay the same, possibly in a live stream.

I'm still trying to get a bow that has more than 0 stat to try and regrade, it's just depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by Muzzy View Post
    Dumbo, a note on how %drop rate chance works.

If you have a 6 sided die and roll it 6 times, you aren't guaranteed to get any of the numbers on the die, even though there is an equal chance to see each face. So you are NOT definitely going to see a 1,2,3,4,5 and 6, in six rolls. Each time you roll you have a 1/6 chance to see any specific number (1-6). So for the mobs, it work similarly.

As an example: For each mob you kill, a die is rolled and you are only granted an item if the die face comes up that is associated with the item. The die is divided into equal sized faces that match the % chance of winning that thing. The % chance is applied per mob kill, and there is no comparison of %chance that carries from mob kill to mob kill.

Also, in DS the drop rate is doubled during wartime, which then matches the constant drop rate from other areas that aren't DS. (best to farm in other areas when DS is in peace). Also the more stars on a mob, the higher the chance as well.

There's a better way to explain this.

Imagine a mob is a box with 100 marbles in it. And if hiram has a 5% drop chance, 5 of those 100 marbles are green, the other 95 are red.

Now, when you open the mob you reach in blindly and pull one to three marbles (how many is dependent on another draw similar to this with multiple colors in the box) out and check color.
    If one of them or more are green you get that many hiram items of different categories (you can in fact get multiple hiram items off one single mob, but no duplicates, not 2x 1h weapon or 2x leather armor.)

Now, IF NONE ARE GREEN, you don't get any hiram AND RETURN THE MARBLES TO THE BOX and thouroughly shake them all up.

Then you prepare for another draw by killing your next mob.

It's the same as regrade RNG, a 30% regrade success chance and using a resplendent scroll means you have 70 red (fail) marbles, 27 green (success) marbles and 3 golden(great success) marbles to draw one from. And after every draw you return all marbles to the box and shake well.

On a separate note: There's hope that we get "karma stacks/failstacks" for regrading someday, tho, which remove 5 red marbles (or even replace them with green marbles?) every time we fail a roll and then only adds them again once we get a success.
    I shall be telling this with a sigh
    Somewhere ages and ages hence:
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and Ió
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference.

-- Robert Frost, 1920 --

Quote Originally Posted by Muzzy View Post
    Hey everyone,
    We've been keeping up with this thread and wanted to wait a bit to see how the hiram gear grind has panned out before responding.

We've been looking at the rate of collection and it is on par with the drop rate. We realize that the complaint is that the drop rate is too low, however, we were able to get a drop rate higher than Korea, so there will have to be some more time spent watching the results to see if there is a solid argument for altering it. We have seen the discussion swing both ways :

(it's fine, it should be this hard - it's too low, i can't gear up as effectively as I can with crafted gear
    and also
    (i've gotten so few pieces - i've got a celestial, unique, and more already)

I saw a comment about measuring the drop rate in gear/hour is not accurate and should be measured in gear/mob killed. Measuring by gear/mob kill is a much more accurate way to assess the drop rate, as different ability sets and levels will affect the time to kill a mob, which is, after all, the trigger for a piece of gear being dropped. We also understand that, because of this, the rate of collection differs between legacy and fresh start servers. We are including that in our considerations when delivering information to XL.

The feedback in this thread is collected and delivered to XL, along with collected drop data, for them to make the decision - keep the drop rate, or alter it up/down.
    Ya, well we are not allowed to BOT like they are in Korea.

I came back after a long absence and its literally the same BS. It was a mistake to think this game has improved any.

What I am a little confused about is, aside from the "loot buffs" in Korea, that XL, was perceived to make some other changes to the way hiram is synth'd to help the population. Why was this not added at the same time as Hiram was introduced? They added them after knowing it was needed and the original grind was horrid, why would they put us through the same torture!

I am talking about the addition of Hiram Synth Shards.

Quote Originally Posted by Grand Oral Disseminator View Post
    What I am a little confused about is, aside from the "loot buffs" in Korea, that XL, was perceived to make some other changes to the way hiram is synth'd to help the population. Why was this not added at the same time as Hiram was introduced? They added them after knowing it was needed and the original grind was horrid, why would they put us through the same torture!

I am talking about the addition of Hiram Synth Shards.

I thought about this too, but if I have my timeline correct they added them in at the same time they added the awoken hiram stuff. Which if you don't know that means you RNG awaken it and basically have to start leveling the item again, just like upgrading a cloak from epherium to delphinad, then again to ayanad then again at erenor.

Ditto. Apparently Hiram Synth Shards are part of the "Awakening update package"...thus, since FS isn't ready for Awakened Hiram, and it can't be separated apparently, we have to wait. Or XL cut and pasted in as little as possible so everything could get translated and tested in time to meet that rushed deadline and get Hiram out ASAP....

Quote Originally Posted by Merthriell M View Post
    guys, 7% guild buff (double per 2 hours =14% doing any cr/gr/mm/halcy/lusca), halcy buff 10%, greedy candy 10%, greedy grimoire 10% another buf who can't remember the name 10%, + war (double drop)

so... 14, 10, 10, 10, 10 = 54% with just buffs + double drop wartime, is enough.

the drop is really fine, or want an alt army with full good stats grinding too?

4 hours grinding i have a epherium celest scepter, battlemage so... just AoE 5-8 mobs, heal and wait for respawn (with damage, heal bufs) = 23 hiram pieces.

No one played another's mmorpgs???? Archeage is really easy to grind guys xD
    4 hours = 23 drops. Considering that you need about 116 items per celestial (not 100% btw, just hit celestial at 0%). For example you need 7 armors parts + weapon + offhand + instrument + bow. Its 11 parts. Multiplying 11 to 116 = 1276 drops.

Then, with YOUR BUFFS (roughly its cost about 130g PER HOUR on EU right now) its about 520g per 4 hours farming cycle.

Lets assume you are grinding every day for 4 hours (520g) and got always about 23 drops. It means you need 55,4 days (roughly 56 days) to finish your celestial set + all weapons. Not even talking about stats at the moment.

So 56 days of 520g every day = 29120g + 56 days of your life wasted to have celestial armor without best stats and celestial weapons without best stats. Worth it? Dont think so

How much monsters do you kill within 4 hours? :>

Quote Originally Posted by Rinalee View Post
    How much monsters do you kill within 4 hours? :>
    I'm not sure if you completely missed the point, want to debate semantics, or are curious.

Maybe I'll come at this from a different direction.... There are two constants in grinding Hiram, neither of which were included in his calculations - gold cost for synthesis and labor cost of unsealing all of those pieces. Oh, almost forgot, make that three - labor cost of each synthesis action.

Simple, rough math says that you're probably going to spend about 7.5k for those to get a full set of Hiram - obviously, I'm not calculating exact costs per piece which do differ, but that's probably also your minimum cost...considering you may not get the correct stats you want and end up not using your drops to "perfect efficiency."

So...assuming you get your loot buffs for free, that leaves you with 7.5k+ in gold value invested, PLUS your buffs at whatever value, PLUS whatever amount of time you personally need to farm all those pieces...for a full set of Celestial 0% Hiram. Maxing Celestial is (very) roughly close to the same amount of XP as it takes to get to Celestial, so...simple calculation there if you want to figure that out.

Does that sound like it's really worth it?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 LastLast