View Poll Results: How you like a trade pack change ?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, i like spending my day doing trade runs, i have no life anyway

4 33.33%
  • It is ok the way it is , i have my alt farm anyway

2 16.67%
  • Yes , i want to have fun and not spend all day doing trade runs

6 50.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Trade run change, to maximise fun time

Apreciate your idea but...

I understood your idea but it would not work because a simple fact: people would creat more alts to deliver packs...(LOL)

they would spend the same time turnimg in packs,just making more gold in numbers (Cause the value of the gold related to itens would not change, cause with more in game gold, more expensive itens like apex are).

If your idea was implemented, maybe, if trion not change the value to regrading and crafting, it would make regrades and crafting cheaper when related to generated gold, and this way, maybe armors could got cheaper when related to generatede gold.

But in the end it would not change nothing in the difference between nolifers and casualp players, cause when you got a legendary erenor for being cheaper, no lifers and pay to winners would get eternals...(LOL).

You wanna know whats the main problem of archeage? Answer: ALTS

Quote Originally Posted by Anjos View Post
    You wanna know whats the main problem of archeage? Answer: ALTS
    I agree with this (and have been vocal in the past about it). However, there is a root cause as to WHY people feel the need to have gold/labor generating alts. To this symptom I place blame on Gear Score, and the unfair (and huge) advantage the higher tiers/grades give.

If XL were to implement a system of diminishing returns for higher grade/tier gear, then the alt problem would be much less severe. I'm not saying that Epherium should be on par with Erenor, but a group of Epherium users SHOULD be able to take out a single Erenor user. The hardcore pvp'er would still strive to get the best gear (for advantage sake) even if it was just marginally better than previous tiers/grades. This would allow for newer and casual players to actually have an impact in pvp, and not just be fodder.

As for the trade pack thing.... It was fine for years until prices were forced up by XL/TRION making regrade and gemming costs skyrocket, almost necessitating that people use an alt army just to 'Keep up with the Jones'. An increase in payout for a more expensive pack would just have alts doing them, and making prices for items rise even more with less profit for a casual player.

I'd love to get concentrated superpacks worth 10x the normal. I'd love to run 60x of those daily instead of 60 normal packs.

because that's exactly what would happen. and it would inflate prices 10x. can you imagine the amount of crazy that would unleash?

Quote Originally Posted by Aired View Post
    XL has a delicate system. They don't make things easier on purpose. The point of any game is of course fun, but they purposely make things take time, labor and resources for various specific reasons. Why packs take so much time to make any amount of good gold is so you spend time playing the game. In the cases of more rewarding packs, it is only because it is riskier. That risk can involve multiple people's time. So if you get ganked that same pack which if ran in safe methods would only pay less, but because the risk of getting ganked which uses up your time and at least one other persons time, can pay more because its providing content to more than just yourself.

If you haven't already noticed it, anytime XL changes anything, they really don't change it. Crafting got changed a fair bit, but the net result was stuff costing basically the same amount at the higher tiers. Regrade rates were made better but it was offset by reducing the great success chance and what I'm starting to believe a severe reduction in the amount of superior charms available, with additional labor and resources mixed in via the transmutters.

Some of this stuff really upset me, the list is long and somewhat subjective to my personal point of view but I often call XL changes, “XL Change, Not Change” as they tend not to really change anything. I suppose the reason why this originally bothered me is because I couldn't understand what the heck they were trying to accomplish. This really lies in with the communication and honestly a lot of stuff I still have no idea what they are thinking, but in this particular case, I can somewhat understand they are trying to do. This is to keep the continuity of the game for those that have been playing a long time vs those who are just starting. They can't outright give everybody erenor items because those who spent a ton of real life cash would be upset, but also the game would become boring quickly. I also realize you not talking about erenor items in your post, rather trying to create a dynamic which allows you to do a trade run that is more profitable in less time, which you're equating to fun. That said, the ultimate goal of earning more gold is to have better things, so I used erenor as an example but you could apply the same logic to building an Enoan, or mansion or whatever your goal is.

That said understand that when we ask for anything, better drop rates, more of this or that, XL may provide that, but “most” of the time at some cost. Lately the trend has been to eject more labor cost into everything, which is pretty sneaky thing as it is an inadvertent way to increase their cash flow. Most of this region doesn’t think much about labor due to alt accounts, but any way you slice it more labor to the same thing does mean more money for them. Another very important fact is a super trade pack which I believe is what you’re advocating for, would have to balanced with the same considerations. Given the current dynamic and what I believe I know about how XL does things if they were to do it, they would do it in a way that doesn’t really change anything.

On top of that XL creates very little new content anyway, and what they do create on a continual basis is more times than not to monetize it. New costumes, mounts, gliders, vehicles, housing items etc. all are continually pumped out, but only because that means more money. The balance they strike with many systems is skewed towards pushing people to the cash shop in one form or another. I could list just about every system in this game and show how this relates to the cash shop. But, that effort would be fraught with discontent and really has no bearing on how much fun I or you have in the game. I have long ago accepted this game for what it is. I also realize that while I am doing a fair bit of XL blaming here, they aren’t alone in this venture. In fact the whole gaming industry at large is swimming in a cesspool of greed. What we are ultimately left with is finding our own fun, realize the game for what it is, accept it or don’t, and make friends and have fun.

TLDR: Be careful what you ask for you may just get some version of it.
    For someone with such knowledge about his game this is a very insightful post and much respected and agreed with as a long time player myself.

Your point about " On top of that XL creates very little new content anyway, and what they do create on a continual basis is more times than not to monetize it. New costumes, mounts, gliders, vehicles, housing items etc. all are continually pumped out, but only because that means more money" is true, only if XL had not drove many away it may have made much much more than adding these desparate additions. I still play, I still have patron - I no longer buy new costumes. mounts, RNG boxes etc etc etc I spend the bare minimum.

PS I am not voting the poll is silly

what is the point of even playing a MMo if everyone does play solo ?

what is the point of making gold for hours if u can loose it in 1 clic ?

what is the point of playing if you are constently farming gold to gear up and be somewhat able to stand 2 hit instead of 1 ? heavy bank account investment always win here

also like most of u say
    people that used alts since the begining are OP
    why because alt = free labor - at the cost of ( computer components use and electric bill ofc)

tell me why so many people left or quit giving away their char because they quit this game because of the infinit grind ?

also
    if trion does put a labor pot limit
    people wouldn't run so many packs

this idea mainly is for players that barely have the time to play
    and for the ones that need to make gold but wants to do events and other things more fun than stay 30 min on a freighter to get 250g (- mat cost)

so yes maybe the idea seems crazy

but yet i see a lot of people that are focused on gold making to be able to run dungeons or have fun

at the end
    most get fed up and quit
    because the gear gap is so huge
    seeing their time invested looking like pointless

now prices are crazy due to the fact that populated server are dead and mainly alts logged in
    real players left or quit
    content now suck

we need something to bring back players

the first way to do trade runs was awesome, ..... until they change it ....

now we don't have any content no fun no players

if u want to run a dungeon you need to wait wait wait wait wait and pray a lot to get a healer on at this time n willing to do a dungeon run .....

right now the game is at its worst stage

open the FS was probably a mistake

70% of players left to go FS

now FS is almost dead

first launch of archeage in 2014 was a success
    all servers were full n queued

now what is it ? a joke

so yes maybe my idea sucks
    but maybe not if u put limitations per packs , per day, and ofc
    stop allowing alts ...
    so much nothing to say .... xD

Maybe you just don't understand how the economy works, but people will only do things that are more profitable on either a per labor basis or on a per time basis. So if you make one thing vastly better than others on a per hour basis which also scales with alts then you've basically just handed alt armies the best way to make gold. No one else would be able to compete.
    Epic Erenor Scepter - 856 Magic Att, 733 gimped DPS.
    Epic Erenor Katana - 815.3 DPS.
    Epic Erenor Bow - 693 DPS... worse than the gimped weapon even though it's a primary weapon.
    "Balance" . . . This doesn't even take in to account the 978.4 epic erenor nodachi, or 978 mAtt staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Snerdles View Post
    Maybe you just don't understand how the economy works, but people will only do things that are more profitable on either a per labor basis or on a per time basis. So if you make one thing vastly better than others on a per hour basis which also scales with alts then you've basically just handed alt armies the best way to make gold. No one else would be able to compete.
    if u block the game to 1 user at time only trust me
    there wont be alt army
    so much nothing to say .... xD

Quote Originally Posted by Redge View Post
    if u block the game to 1 user at time only trust me
    there wont be alt army
    There is no way to enforce that, which is why it's allowed.
    Epic Erenor Scepter - 856 Magic Att, 733 gimped DPS.
    Epic Erenor Katana - 815.3 DPS.
    Epic Erenor Bow - 693 DPS... worse than the gimped weapon even though it's a primary weapon.
    "Balance" . . . This doesn't even take in to account the 978.4 epic erenor nodachi, or 978 mAtt staff.

"limitations per pack" - would only force people to use alts again;

I will explain what i see about alt exploit in archeage:

1. Using alts gives you extra daily login rewards (like login badges, thats helps you do things like reroll stats)
    2. Using alts gives you extra daily quests rewards, like dungeons money or ayanad scroll scraps - Wanna get easy gold on the actual fresh start? just create a lot of free accounts and let than on level 30 and run Sharpwind mines with than every day.
    3. Using alts gives extra compensation packs for ingame problems or free packs that they give to everyone in upgrades (Like the tickets that allows you get soulforged or dunn blessing or other regrade item)
    4. Using alts gives you more rewards on events;
    5. Using alts gives more slots to carry packs....like one extra hauler on follow;
    6. Using alts allows you to exploit family fishing and family quests....having alts you can do it solo
    7. using alts allows you more rewards in family and guild quests... you can just pickup a steel mortar and kill bunker with a lot of alts receiveing a lot of prestige and selling it;
    8. Using alts allows you to have a "camera" watching every place where you wanna go....i can let a lot of alts on the ocean to see where my enimies are and avoid PVP and the risk of losing my packs and gold;

9. Using patreon alts gives you more loyalt tokens;
    10. Using patreon alts gives you more labor;

See that i dont even have to have patreon accounts alts to exploit it! This game is not even pay to wyn...its a alts to wyn...

That way...gold sellers have like 30, 40, 50 accounts and keep making gold to sell it for everyone!

The usage of alts made the ammount of ingame gold so high that trion decided to put changes in costs of crafting and regrades that had as consequence the impossibility to play this game without having at least 3 characters on NA and 3 on EU. In other words, you have to choose if you prefer to hard multbox, buy apex from trion and resell, or do illegal gold buying from gold sellers;

Even labor lost sense because of alts usage. The pois of labor, in my vision, was make people think the better way to spend it daily and find other ways to make gold like killing bosses.

Today it makes no sense to make risky trade runs. Why would i do risky trade runs if i can gete the same ammount of gold in the same time on safe trade run using 2 or 3 alts? (LOL)

Wanna play archeage? so first buy a top PC that holds 4 or 5 accounts logged in the same time. Trust me... you will be on top geared doing this.

Whats the point of playing a game like this? this would bring only the worst kind of players who dont wanna challenge and are afraid to lose one day or another. I could use all this knowledge to make gold and be very strong in game....i was strong in game already when i played... But it makes nosense.... For me, its cheating....just it

Ohh just forgot to say....using alts you can also exploit arenas to get honor points (LOL)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast