+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: so many alts why not kick them from server

Quote Originally Posted by Fredy22 View Post
    Nobody has 100 accounts and you would also need hours to log them in.

Lag is not due to alts, lags is due to bad server performance, bad ISP, bad computer on your desk

Not true. Depends on the situation. Kadum definitely proved that entire server Lag happens when an over abundance of characters in is one location. I was laughing, trying to smelt ingots on auto-pilot while a Kadum event was going on. I counted the seconds. I would smelt one ingot, waited 9 seconds, and then the auto-pilot finally started the next ingot.

That lag was felt Server wide Every Kadum event because Every Alt on the planet (sarcasm) was standing at Kadum, waiting to collect 35 gold.

Don't blame peoples computers. That is just not true. It's the server that can't process All of the information from so many individuals in one small area.

As a matter of fact, the Kadum event would be able to go on normally IF there were No Alts. It is directly because of Alts that it was removed from play.

Lag is not due to alts, lags is due to bad server performance, bad ISP, bad computer on your desk
    are you sure about that? I am handling 40 accounts atm and it doesnt need me longer than 20 min to finish all of them. Its all about what you do with them and how good your pc is.

Quote Originally Posted by dumbo View Post
    Alt's keep the game alive?? That's ridiculous.

Second point - maybee - But how does a large company Not understand that to make money consistently, and for years, you need an Active player base - Not a Fake player base.

There's lots of games out there going strong for years that NEVER even consider anything like Fresh Start.
    The economical aspects of Archeage from Trion sides are done well, if you dont like it i would suggest you to take a course in how things work.
    About the playerbase, there is nothing that can be done unless XL-Games steps up their game. Since Trion as publisher has barely any rights. And it`s actually up to the community to get new players into the game. But most rather just be toxic everywhere and make the life of new players harder for no reason.
    And to the point of alts keep the game alive, it is true no matter how much you dislike it. You need alts and if i could i would wish for the Bots from the early archeage phase. They delivered things that nobody wants to do. Mining, gathering, fishing ....
    In other words archeage is alive if you have alts but the game turns more into a single player game that includes Gear up simulator and Farmvile

The game has a limited labor design so alts are necessary. Otherwise there's no possibility to buy those expensive(100k+) high-grade weapons or armor with single patron account(2880 labor/day).
    If they remove the labor system and add auto trading and similar stuff like black desert, then we can talk about removing alts. Plus if there were no alts then there wouldn't be high demand
    for apexes since count of individual players isn't that high. They have to change the game's payment, trading and labor model from the root with next patches if they ever want to solve this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Tr34 View Post
    The game has a limited labor design so alts are necessary. Otherwise there's no possibility to buy those expensive(100k+) high-grade weapons or armor with single patron account(2880 labor/day).
    If they remove the labor system and add auto trading and similar stuff like black desert, then we can talk about removing alts. Plus if there were no alts then there wouldn't be high demand
    for apexes since count of individual players isn't that high. They have to change the game's payment, trading and labor model from the root with next patches if they ever want to solve this issue.
    Atm you earn more via not actually spending labor than from spending labor. There is balance in what is getting used and produced. Most things are already sooo cheap if you would play with a single account it would not be worth it at all. Meanwhile farming silver crates (no labor at all is currently one of the best ways) with just doing Honor quests and sell items that people need

I have said this many times. PATRON alt account are not a serious problem. FREE alt accounts that get benefits ARE THE PROBLEM.

Something as simple as labor pool on 20 free accounts. Or login badge for unlimited rolls of serendipity to create costumes to sell for thousands. Or how everything good is stripped bare because of these free accounts. TRION REALLY NEEDS to restrict FREE accounts. I wouldn't even mind if you got 2 week trial of patron at level 50 or something.

The free model pushes it too far when they get the exact same benefits as paying customers, (apex-patron IS paying customer imho), and when you have to take away all the benefits from your paying customers to control it... it is obvious it is broken.

The only other shortfall that comes close to this issue is the cheating you allow to happen. These two items have derailed the best game available online.

I know how to get rid of alts, but no one really cares because MUH GEAR SCORE.

Regrading needs to go, because that's where all the charcoal ends up. Without regrading, people can actually MAKE VEHICLES ON A BUDGET. Here's how it works now:

Timmy makes an item and regrades it. It explodes. He continues until he has an epic, which drained about 1500 charcoal from the market. His alts supplied the rest of the material, because that's how timmy rolls. Common materials have low value because people altage their own or bots autofarm it. Charcoal is exorbitant because of rampant waste.

And this is how it should work:

Timmy makes an item. He collects some material from both crafting, mob drops and dungeons and "Reinforces" it, adding +1% to its stat modifiers. There's a 1% chance of failure for every reinforcement, and failure does nothing except make it stay the same. Of course this cant go on forever, so he uses more expensive materials to "Reforge" it, and increase its base stats by 5%, plus the already existing modifiers he already applied to it. Reforging also has a 5% chance of failure per reforge and 1% chance of failure per reinforcement. Failure causes a loss of materials only. Gear can only be "Reinforced" once a day, or "Reforged" once a week, allowing the material market time to remain in balance, so that alts do not need to be in such high demand. Vocation/honor/kyrios/prestige items are bound, and if used on an item it makes that item bound, so that these rewards cannot be abused.

So that fixes material markets, alt abuses, and gear gap. It's a pipe dream because it will drop profit for xl and trino.

yup god forbid its not their side of stuff

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2