+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Omnom.io June Update Reveal: Abyssal Skill Tree

Quote Originally Posted by Savitar View Post
    nice nerfs to mage again, good job... Now, mage is ruined totally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nahlem View Post
    Actually Mages are getting buffed, check out this video indicating animation cancel is back because of the super strong different skill tree skills.

https://youtu.be/ElXznLh-xbs
    Additionally, due to weapon procs being removed, XL updated the system of armor penetration, adding in a 50% chance of each weapon type dealing an extra percentage of damage to a respective armor type. Due to Mages not being affected by this update, XL reasoned that Cloth should be unaffected by this extra damage, and as a result, they only added extra damage against Leather and Plate armor.
    Yeah mage are NOT TOTALLY Buffed from the last 2 update
    You get your dmg increase, your defense increase, you get Op skill from other class & you still complain wtf.

goodbye to snipe, the archers will be as before ... as DR with pew pew without the Serpent's Sight

I think these changes are going in the right direction. The largest problem with pvp balance is that crit bonus can be stacked to insane levels resulting in massive hits and heals. That is only addressed slightly in this patch so I expect pvp to still be a little too bursty for a tab-target mmo. We'll see. These changes in conjunction with the new set bonuses might be ok.

This patch appears to address some of the other issues in pvp. All stat boosting passive are removed. All damage boosting passives are limited to the tree they come from. This translates into a significant reduction to damage which I think is a good thing.

Some of the most OP abilities are removed or rebalanced. I think that's a good thing. Things like the 30% hp debuff in songcraft for example.

I haven't gone over the skills in enough detail to have an opinion of how balanced it will be. I feel like the patch will fix a lot of the current problems and I susepct more changes will be needed down the road to achieve balance.

There needs to be caps on crit for all skill combinations, its time as well as caps for other skills percentages that apply to pvp. This stacking of percentage values thru skills an gear has gone thru the roof an way out of reach for new players or average players. We are losing players in this game and it is due to game mechanics an how pvp an gearing has evolved over time.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinki View Post
    Yeah mage are NOT TOTALLY Buffed from the last 2 update
    You get your dmg increase, your defense increase, you get Op skill from other class & you still complain wtf.
    that video you share, the player is playing as battlerage main dps, not as mage...

mage is not OP, let's don't deceive ourself. Show me a video that mage can kill a +10k gear melee or +10k ranger that owns epic erenor or legendary weapons. I will not discuss it with you. Try to play mage yourself first to feel our frustration over other pvp classes in open world pvp or even at pve lol...
    Once upon a time, a warborn was born in Prophecy and the warborn decided to play in Sirothe to gear up by farming gold in a safe,peaceful with lot's of sea salt environment

that video you share, the player is playing as battlerage main dps, not as mage...

mage is not OP, let's don't deceive ourself. Show me a video that mage can kill a +10k gear melee or +10k ranger that owns epic erenor or legendary weapons. I will not discuss it with you. Try to play mage yourself first to feel our frustration over other pvp classes in open world pvp or even at pve lol...
    Should have recorded arena then. Wins against 11k archers and 10k melees as both reaper and battlemage. Regularly.

Well Luxon is a mage, and Luxon kill me (Zerotwo), so
    You are not SUPRA Op, but you are not ♥♥♥♥ class, stop joking.
    Yes, low gear Melee can do easy dmg compare to a low gear Mage, but Mage is still good in fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinki View Post
    Well Luxon is a mage, and Luxon kill me (Zerotwo), so
    You are not SUPRA Op, but you are not ♥♥♥♥ class, stop joking.
    Yes, low gear Melee can do easy dmg compare to a low gear Mage, but Mage is still good in fight.
    what are luxon gear score and items ? I think he has very high gear score. When a melee catches you and do the 1st cc then you are done, it is same for rangers too because you cannot catch them. I am talking about medium or small size pvp in the open world where you get gang or zerged or 2vs1, 3vs1. Right now, mages cannot choice or play every class they want because when you want to do something, you sacrifice other skill tree, there is no middle. With the June update, when we want to use these magical based abyssal skills we need to take off one skill tree.

We need shadowplay to do fast x3 instant flame bolts and stay in stealth. Otherwise, you stop and do casting to give damage ( lighting bolts are instant but the damage amount is so less and to do combo you need to give flame dot on the enemy and you have only one instant cast skill with 30sec cooldown that lasts for 2 sec. Otherwise you need to use this so called aoe dot on the ground with long cd and if enemy stay on it and if you don't die ). No point explain all possible combos and how thy can be easily fail against other classes too.

If you look at the amount of mages, we are very rare... I have a friend named Godswhip and he is almost 13k gear score in Retribution EU server ( he transferred from shagiton ) and he is still dying to good +10k melee and rangers while he was in Shagiton Server in the open world pvp against PVE nation here... At the end, he and his crew left the server to go more geared server but still thy suffer failure in pvp as I heared against the Lefgolas Apes Nations^^.

Shug Off can take off frozen state with many other states etc, what I mean is rangers and melees can lift off most of the cc mage is doing.

Mage skills are 6 meters, 12 meters, 20 meters ( 25 meters ones are only godswhip and meteor and thy can be interrupted or run away too ).
    Mage has very long cast times now. Mage is mainly cloth so even how much gear score you have you will have a limited physical defence and these physical damage classes can lower your physical defence by +8k intantly with their total penetration amount from gems, accessories, skill passives, costumes etc.

In the open world pvp, we cloths are rare but we are the first target of melee and ranger so we die fast even we do our best to survive and do damage on others. A few clicks and we die, even how much you geared because other side is geared too...

I am not joking at all. Play mage yourself to experience these. I believe you play as melee or ranger. Your friend Luxon is probably like my mage friend - a high gear score mage. Otherwise, mage is not so good anymore, we are a support class in small and medium sized pvp in the open world. PVE nation has 2-3 main real mage class players who play as damage dealer in their whole guild, otherwise other classes are mainly focus on for aoe cc as tanks.
    Once upon a time, a warborn was born in Prophecy and the warborn decided to play in Sirothe to gear up by farming gold in a safe,peaceful with lot's of sea salt environment

Mage's wont be OP in next patch,

First of all Animation canceling is currently in the game, what that guy did was nothing new. THe reason it looked so awesome is because mr. mage is stacking hatred which gives him LOADS of attack speed. He's going above 2k attack speed. You can animation cancel inbetween 3/4 and 4/5th hit in our version of the game, which is the same in Korea.

You will NEVER face a mage that can pull that stuff on you in a open world pvp scenario because he wont have time to stack those hatred stacks. You either die before you pull it off, or the enemy raid has been killed before you can get rid of it.

In the next patch everyone will receive a large health buff, which means that all of the people complaining about it now, will have soo much health it doesn't even matter.

Lastly in regards to cloth buff, its not a buff its a removal of a mechanic in the game which gets added to plate and leather, and face it that was needed. Cloth defence is garbage towards physical damage and anyone with a 2h can kill you easily.

Just randomly throwing this in here to make a point about how dps vs dps is about who is getting the jump, no matter the class.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_P3sfgBIpI

it's a guildmate of mine, very good player, this is his gs:

The archer he kills is actually rank1 in gs ranking on prophecy eu.

The mage is legendary t7 staff, fairly good costume and else mainly soulforged gear with I think divine serp sleeves... that's a gs difference of 4k.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast