+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Not supporting a game that turns a blind eye to multiboxing

Quote Originally Posted by Rinalee View Post
    The game was not designed to be runned with Alts nuff said. That's just how you see it.

Remove the labor & the game economy will fall & be filled with BOTS (cF : FFXIV & one of the servers that's most filled by bots, every items price drop by 50% every hour :v )
    It's...already filled with bots. there'd be less of them if they weren't required to be logged in to generate labor. at least the non-patron ones.

I don't see any evidence of it not being made for alts, could ya help a guy out and show me where some might be?

Just look at the KR promotional videos, they introduced the speedboats & cars as a "funny" way to do trade runs with "friends" or others RP random things :v.

You can remove labor without causing a material crash in the market by adding a collection delay(about 2 to 5 seconds based on material grade) and limiting automated material production to 10 at a time, which requires constant player involvement, and adding a proficiency wall for everything beyond simple production.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukealex View Post
    After informing everyone that alts are finally no longer allowed, see how many players come back to the game that have quit in the past because of alts. Then, look at the economy, and stop balancing everything based off of how many alts there are....
    This is still one of the best games I've ever played. If you get rid of alts and bring in diminishing returns on higher grade/tier gear, those two things would make it THE best game. I quit the game moths ago because of said issues, and will not return until at least one is fixed properly. Making higher tier dungeon weapons/armor is only a band-aid, not a real fix...

Quote Originally Posted by Riftic33 View Post
    It's...already filled with bots. there'd be less of them if they weren't required to be logged in to generate labor. at least the non-patron ones.

I don't see any evidence of it not being made for alts, could ya help a guy out and show me where some might be?
    You know the game comes from Korea? Look at theirs and look at ours.

Wonder why apex is 1500g on legacy? No apex, less people pay and you all have 10 accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by MonolithD View Post

Wonder why apex is 1500g on legacy? No apex, less people pay and you all have 10 accounts.
    Oh, now your motives become clear. There are people that actually may be able to threaten whales because they might actually be able to grind some decent gold income so you want the game way more p2w. Your comments actually make sense now that there is context.
    Epic Erenor Scepter - 856 Magic Att, 733 gimped DPS.
    Epic Erenor Katana - 815.3 DPS.
    Epic Erenor Bow - 693 DPS... worse than the gimped weapon even though it's a primary weapon.
    "Balance" . . . This doesn't even take in to account the 978.4 epic erenor nodachi, or 978 mAtt staff.

Quote Originally Posted by MonolithD View Post

This is a very good example of the exodus from the game. It is a prime time in AltAge for whales with such high apex prices. They get more gold for their buck. After being in all of the fresh starts (and launch) you can see a gradual increase in the cost of Apex as players leave and they get replaced with alts. Reckoning had the longest lasting population after launch, and you could see that from Apex prices staying cheap for so long (a duplicating bug may have also played a part in that...) Apex has gone up faster in this latest fresh start than any previous due to people finally wising up.

Multi-boxed alts are probably the second biggest reason for why people leave the game and it is linked with the main cause for leaving. The main reason being the Gear Score treadmill, and how OP players get compared to someone who has only been around a few months. I have witnessed several friends yolo a months worth of work to try and 'keep up' only to quit after seeing that progression sent down the drain. Regrading was a terrible feature to be added into the game, and no one in Alpha asked for it. The only reason people even multi-box is so they CAN gear up.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6