+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Not supporting a game that turns a blind eye to multiboxing

Quote Originally Posted by rinalee View Post
    you haven't played enough mmorpg then. :>

archeage is altage.

But it's true that alts are a problem atm, if it's not for the guys who are farming honor with them (despite it's forbidden by the tos of aa), there are tons of them camping at trade outlets to snipe the cargos or they're used as spies from another nation/faction :>
    lol

The biggest issue isn't the alts, it's the system that encourage the use of alts. If you're remotely serious about the game, you're either forced to pay thousands of dollars or use alts if you want to actually enjoy playing.

I just remember the 3.0 change in taxes, I was using 6 days of labor just to pay my taxes so I couldn't so anything else most of the week with only 1 character. Took me a few weeks before I could catch up and analyze the situation to decide what I would do. That's when I started making alts, the game pushed me into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Judgedredd View Post
    Everquest, WoW, Ultima Online, Daoc, Shadowbane, Anarchy Online, Asherons Call, SWG.

All games prohibit multiboxing because it tampered with game mechanics and the pvp systems in place
    and yet alts and multiboxers existed in aall those games too. Odd aint it?

and i know i had plenty of alts and multiple accounts in many of those games. Not really a whole lot they could do about it there or in AA either.

Quote Originally Posted by Generic Player View Post
    I don't get it. Why are people still complaining about alts when:

1) it's been going on for more than 3 years

and

2) Trion isn't going to change it

If you don't like alts this is the wrong game for you. If you don't like p2w this is the wrong game for you. If you like other aspects of Archeage more than you mind those 2 things you can play Archeage.

By the way, delete my infraction for "♥♥♥♥ you" since the OP and every one else in this forum do not get their posts removed for it as I have. Thank you.

I honestly think its because it takes time and trial and error to create a monster.

First launch, Everyone is playing the new game solo, getting a feel for things, making mistakes, hoping they are going in the right direction. Then they start adding characters on the same account but on other servers, finding out labor and credits carry from one server to the other.

Then they think about a whole second account.

FS #1 - People have a better overall knowledge of the game mechanics. They come in with a few Alts and everyone else starts to notice. It's still not the multiboxing issue, but its lots of Alts holding down property - so there is none for new players - and using the Alt labor pool

FS#2 - Which is where we are. Now the veteran players know what mistakes they made in the past and what they need to do to be really efficient. It's a straight line from A to B to C to Lots of gold. They are now Masters of manipulating the game mechanics and do not waste their energy on what has failed for them in the past.

The veterans with the money and equipment to do so, have gotten Exceptionally Great at Screwing the system.

That's why everything bad has happened so fast in FS.

Quote Originally Posted by Empyreus View Post
    and yet alts and multiboxers existed in aall those games too. Odd aint it?

and i know i had plenty of alts and multiple accounts in many of those games. Not really a whole lot they could do about it there or in AA either.

As I said on another thread, Actually there is. The technology exists to deny the launching of an additional screen at the Login site. I have played games where you had the option to turn on or off the ability to multi-box. Turn it off, and you cannot launch a second screen. Period.

You can buy another computer and log on to that, but having to buy a computer for every Alt account you want to run is still going to reduce the number of Alts in the game dramatically.

Quote Originally Posted by dumbo View Post
    As I said on another thread, Actually there is. The technology exists to deny the launching of an additional screen at the Login site. I have played games where you had the option to turn on or off the ability to multi-box. Turn it off, and you cannot launch a second screen. Period.

You can buy another computer and log on to that, but having to buy a computer for every Alt account you want to run is still going to reduce the number of Alts in the game dramatically.
    And i will tell you i have had alt accounts from the start of archeage it was just a bit more hastle than it is now. Only way how you can actively deny alts is make the game buy to play so some people will not be fine with paying for it. But on the other hand people that will be rich enough wont even hold from that.
    To come back to your concern about Alts, yes it is not nice what happens but in that way guys that have no money can invest their times to handle alts. And trust me alts are always there no matter if its hard or easy to do. If its easy simple players without IT knowledge have a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by dumbo View Post
    FS#2 - Which is where we are...
    This is actually FS #3 we're on.

FS1: Morpheus
    FS2: Reckoning & Vengence
    FS3: Nui

And alts (with hauler trains) was a thing even before FS1.

Just sayin.

Quote Originally Posted by tinukeda View Post

Just sayin.
    There were people with tons of alts on day 1. It's never been against the rules.
    Epic Erenor Scepter - 856 Magic Att, 733 gimped DPS.
    Epic Erenor Katana - 815.3 DPS.
    Epic Erenor Bow - 693 DPS... worse than the gimped weapon even though it's a primary weapon.
    "Balance" . . . This doesn't even take in to account the 978.4 epic erenor nodachi, or 978 mAtt staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Rinalee View Post
    You haven't played enough MMORPG then. :>

ArcheAge is AltAge.

BUT it's true that alts are a problem atm, if it's not for the guys who are farming honor with them (despite it's forbidden by the ToS of AA), there are tons of them camping at trade outlets to snipe the cargos OR they're used as spies from another nation/faction :>
    Jeez what a bore.

Quote Originally Posted by tinukeda View Post
    This is actually FS #3 we're on.

FS1: Morpheus
    FS2: Reckoning & Vengence
    FS3: Nui

Just sayin.
    Find me a screenshot of Hauler train in KR / RU version of archeage

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast