+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Not supporting a game that turns a blind eye to multiboxing

Quote Originally Posted by CitronxD View Post
    Find me a screenshot of Hauler train in KR / RU version of archeage
    Apples v Oranges.
    Or, even if Apples v Apples, it's a very different environment between us and them; apples are easy to come by here and difficult to get there.

And guess what : KR and RU servers are more populated than our servers !

Hauler/freighter train don't necessarily mean alt too, we used to do those as a guild, was lots of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by CitronxD View Post
    And guess what : KR and RU servers are more populated than our servers !
    Yeah, but it's okay, because apples are hard to get in KR and RU. (Sorry, couldn't resist.)

I still think alts are bad, but it's quite obvious that nothing will ever happen. - Well, let me clarify. The major issues with alts seem to be spying and other related uses and the inflationary effects created by all these characters that exist only to shovel gold to one main.

And I still think Trion could stop alts. Make an announcement that they're going to change/start changing their policy on alts, then just follow the gold trail. Trion keeps track of gold to ban gold sellers, odds are it's already being flagged. - In the long run, after the first week or whatever of the diehards trying to figure out if they can game the system that flags stuff and sneak having their alts still, it will actually be easier for Trion...because they will no longer have to investigate every single thing that gets flagged to figure out if it's a gold seller or someone transferring gold around (which, obviously is legal now, but wouldn't be then).

After informing everyone that alts are finally no longer allowed, see how many players come back to the game that have quit in the past because of alts. Then, look at the economy, and stop balancing everything based off of how many alts there are....

Quote Originally Posted by Darsy View Post
    And i will tell you i have had alt accounts from the start of archeage it was just a bit more hastle than it is now. Only way how you can actively deny alts is make the game buy to play so some people will not be fine with paying for it. But on the other hand people that will be rich enough wont even hold from that.
    To come back to your concern about Alts, yes it is not nice what happens but in that way guys that have no money can invest their times to handle alts. And trust me alts are always there no matter if its hard or easy to do. If its easy simple players without IT knowledge have a chance.

Again, my point is that they Can stop the multiboxing if they want to. I have played F2P that you could not multibox. It's a simple code at the Login that stops the player from launching a second screen. You get a pop up message that tells you the program is already running.

So, the only way to run more than one account at the same time is to have an additional computer running. So you still could have a version of 'multiboxing' but you would not see 10 - 20 Alts running around at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by dumbo View Post
    Again, my point is that they Can stop the multiboxing if they want to. I have played F2P that you could not multibox. It's a simple code at the Login that stops the player from launching a second screen. You get a pop up message that tells you the program is already running.

So, the only way to run more than one account at the same time is to have an additional computer running. So you still could have a version of 'multiboxing' but you would not see 10 - 20 Alts running around at the same time.
    VMs are a thing , you know. No need for additional computers.

Quote Originally Posted by dumbo View Post

I'll just say...

Alt

Alt is an abbreviation for alternate character, or alter-ego. Virtually all MMORPGs permit a player to create more than one player character on his or her account. An alt is a character to which a person devotes less time and effort than the person's main character.

What constitutes "less" time and effort can be subjective with respect to the player. For most players, the main is the most powerful, highest-level, or simply the oldest character on the account while some refer to all of their characters on their main server as "mains" while their characters on other servers are referred to as alts. A few players may play multiple characters simultaneously, keeping them roughly equal in power. In those cases, players often simply use the term alt to refer to characters they are not currently playing.

This is literally just cut and pasted from the wowwiki page after spending 30seconds on google...

Quote Originally Posted by Rinalee View Post
    I'll just say...

And i would say just proove me kr/ru use hauler alt train then
    Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah179 View Post
    Alt

Alt is an abbreviation for alternate character, or alter-ego. Virtually all MMORPGs permit a player to create more than one player character on his or her account. An alt is a character to which a person devotes less time and effort than the person's main character.

What constitutes "less" time and effort can be subjective with respect to the player. For most players, the main is the most powerful, highest-level, or simply the oldest character on the account while some refer to all of their characters on their main server as "mains" while their characters on other servers are referred to as alts. A few players may play multiple characters simultaneously, keeping them roughly equal in power. In those cases, players often simply use the term alt to refer to characters they are not currently playing.

This is literally just cut and pasted from the wowwiki page after spending 30seconds on google...

I'm not sure the definition of Alt is in question.

It's the use of many Alts at one time, which is definitely a lot more than just " a few". The players who use them are blatant about it. They simply use a name and add one, two, three etc onto the end. I have seen it. It has nothing to do with playing the game. It has nothing to do with completing quests or defeating enemies.

It is solely used to abuse the mechanics of the game. All you have to do is get your Alts listed in a raid and play follow the leader to stay with the group. The Alts literally do nothing. The remaining actual players do the work. The Alts get free rewards, for literally doing nothing.

Those rewards are then transferred directly to the main character creating huge disparity. In short, the character gets more powerful without Earning it. No one would complain if the playing field was level, and everyone had to do the same things to reach the same goals. It's the abuse of mechanics simply because someone can afford a more powerful computer that will eventually leave all the players with the large numbers of Alts sitting around playing with themselves.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast