+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Not supporting a game that turns a blind eye to multiboxing

Quote Originally Posted by onix View Post
    Disallow alts and you'll see this game shut down a week later, no point whining about it now.
    Don't change anything and you will see the same fate, so...

People are buying less apex to fund your f2p cancer, for all you know a lot of patron's are lapsing because there isn't enough to go around. Nobody spends money in a game of 5 people lol

Quote Originally Posted by MonolithD View Post
    Don't change anything and you will see the same fate, so...

People are buying less apex to fund your f2p cancer, for all you know a lot of patron's are lapsing because there isn't enough to go around. Nobody spends money in a game of 5 people lol
    Id suggest you look deeper, alts where players answer to some more issues in the game, even besides game has number of issues why players are leaving least of those problems are alts. Someone mentioned 3 FS's well you may start thinking there as to why so many people left for starters

Quote Originally Posted by Oldfox View Post
    Id suggest you look deeper, alts where players answer to some more issues in the game, even besides game has number of issues why players are leaving least of those problems are alts. Someone mentioned 3 FS's well you may start thinking there as to why so many people left for starters
    Alt's fill the market the casual players used to fit in, not only that but archeage was designed around team play to complete things, not one man shows that has been the meta for a few years.

The games biggest issue is there is no casual market, Legacy is dead BECAUSE of alts. They flock to FS for a new start and the alts kill that far more than p2w ever did because its the mainstream.

You can defend your bots as much you want, there is no one but your kind around, so you might aswell start selling your crafts to yourself lol

least of those problems are alts
    I have been on this forum far more than you, "least of the problems" yet it's been the front page problem for years.

Quote Originally Posted by MonolithD View Post
    Alt's fill the market the casual players used to fit in, not only that but archeage was designed around team play to complete things, not one man shows that has been the meta for a few years.

The games biggest issue is there is no casual market, Legacy is dead BECAUSE of alts. They flock to FS for a new start and the alts kill that far more than p2w ever did because its the mainstream.

You can defend your bots as much you want, there is no one but your kind around, so you might aswell start selling your crafts to yourself lol

I have been on this forum far more than you, "least of the problems" yet it's been the front page problem for years.
    lol on the forum that is for sure, in the game, id question that aspect. You are obviously looking at the problem from one side and there is no point discussing anything with you.

Wish you all the best.

lol on the forum that is for sure, in the game, id question that aspect. You are obviously looking at the problem from one side and there is no point discussing anything with you.

Wish you all the best.
    And you too but I was epic buffed on both regions and no-lifed this game since my eyes landed on it, I just sat on the forums to kill time if I was afk or something. There is no game that will ever be as great as Archeage but alts ruined it, there is no identity in this game anymore, no economy, no danger, just an alt tab minimum wage paying job.

I'd say XL ruined it by removing and changing content for the worse but that's me.

Quote Originally Posted by Judgedredd View Post
    Everquest, WoW, Ultima Online, Daoc, Shadowbane, Anarchy Online, Asherons Call, SWG.

All games prohibit multiboxing because it tampered with game mechanics and the pvp systems in place
    Almost all of those games are from the experimental age of MMORPG Online communities, and most of them were/are still loosely enforced, and only present/presented the question if the person multiboxing was infringing on someone else's right to play the game.

Aka it is not a current game policy, and even there it was loose enforcement.

Alts aren't a problem. Lack of real players is a problem. Alts are just a symptom.

All this alt hate...

Personally, I like alts. Alts allow for cheap base materials-things like stone, lumber, iron, fruits, plants...you get the idea. Which is a huge portion of the game economy.
    Alts also allow time saving on honor farming, prestige farming and so on. I mean really, who WANTS to spend 35 days doing prestige quests for a SINGLE T3 gem? (2 per day for a total of 70 per gem)

Now, if you want to fix the so-called "alt problem"-it's fairly simple. Remove labor. Increase the available honor and prestige per day. This will reduce the effectiveness of owning large numbers of alts. I did not say it will eliminate the problem-there are those who WILL abuse systems to make a profit or save time. Price of doing business.

But, in reality...

The game has systems in place to ENCOURAGE alts. Things like the seat on the back of the hauler. Speedboat seats. Car seats. Hell, the B200 has FOUR SEATS. If they wanted to make a difference they could have simply made the trunk bigger but left off the two back seats. Same for the speedboat. Clearly, this is not the case and they either don't care or want us to alt-age.

Quote Originally Posted by Riftic33 View Post
    All this alt hate...

Personally, I like alts. Alts allow for cheap base materials-things like stone, lumber, iron, fruits, plants...you get the idea. Which is a huge portion of the game economy.
    Alts also allow time saving on honor farming, prestige farming and so on. I mean really, who WANTS to spend 35 days doing prestige quests for a SINGLE T3 gem? (2 per day for a total of 70 per gem)

Now, if you want to fix the so-called "alt problem"-it's fairly simple. Remove labor. Increase the available honor and prestige per day. This will reduce the effectiveness of owning large numbers of alts. I did not say it will eliminate the problem-there are those who WILL abuse systems to make a profit or save time. Price of doing business.

But, in reality...

The game has systems in place to ENCOURAGE alts. Things like the seat on the back of the hauler. Speedboat seats. Car seats. Hell, the B200 has FOUR SEATS. If they wanted to make a difference they could have simply made the trunk bigger but left off the two back seats. Same for the speedboat. Clearly, this is not the case and they either don't care or want us to alt-age.
    The game was not designed to be runned with Alts nuff said. That's just how you see it.

Remove the labor & the game economy will fall & be filled with BOTS (cF : FFXIV & one of the servers that's most filled by bots, every items price drop by 50% every hour :v )

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast