+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Turn off Shadow Invasion notifications

Turn off Shadow Invasion notifications

Please for the love of all that is holy can you turn these off, Whats happening is as soon as the notification appears then the PN's (i spell this with an extra E & I), come and gank the raid. Now some peeps will say "then fight them" well that's well and good if your raid is an avg of 10k gs, but chances are its more like 5-6k avg Gs.

At least if there's no notification then you have a chance, but as it stand's the rich just seem to get richer and those striving to be competitive fail and get disheartened.

I need to stop now or this will turn into a rant about Pn's ruining everything that was good about this game (see i'm starting to rant ).

They are PVP events, that's the point... not PVP, but to feed the wealthy.
    Epic Erenor Scepter - 856 Magic Att, 733 gimped DPS.
    Epic Erenor Katana - 815.3 DPS.
    Epic Erenor Bow - 693 DPS... worse than the gimped weapon even though it's a primary weapon.
    "Balance" . . . This doesn't even take in to account the 978.4 epic erenor nodachi, or 978 mAtt staff.

I enjoy some PvP, but what's happening isn't PvP it's trying to hit a brick wall with a loaf of bread, utterly pointless

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    Please for the love of all that is holy can you turn these off, Whats happening is as soon as the notification appears then the PN's (i spell this with an extra E & I), come and gank the raid. Now some peeps will say "then fight them" well that's well and good if your raid is an avg of 10k gs, but chances are its more like 5-6k avg Gs.

At least if there's no notification then you have a chance, but as it stand's the rich just seem to get richer and those striving to be competitive fail and get disheartened.

I need to stop now or this will turn into a rant about Pn's ruining everything that was good about this game (see i'm starting to rant ).
    I agree with starfish, I hope they do bring changes soon. For now everything is buttery smooth but the notifications are indeed very annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    I enjoy some PvP, but what's happening isn't PvP it's trying to hit a brick wall with a loaf of bread, utterly pointless
    That's the joke...

The second these were introduced people pointed out that this will simply be a 'feed the rich' mechanic. Trion and XL don't listen. It's pretty easy to tell that mechanics like these are put in place to keep the wealthy on top. If they actually wanted more people to participate they could just spread the mobs around the zone rather than make it all stacked up in one spot. At least then anyone could run around the sone and maybe get some loot. They could even have it only trigger during wartime and have the war status disable bloodstains, so now you have afun FFA loot grab game any time a big hoss is killed in war rather than a loot pinata for the strong.
    Epic Erenor Scepter - 856 Magic Att, 733 gimped DPS.
    Epic Erenor Katana - 815.3 DPS.
    Epic Erenor Bow - 693 DPS... worse than the gimped weapon even though it's a primary weapon.
    "Balance" . . . This doesn't even take in to account the 978.4 epic erenor nodachi, or 978 mAtt staff.

+ Reply to Thread