+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Hiram addiction

The Hiram addiction

This is speaking from a Fresh Start perspective.

Well, after farming Hiram gear diligently for 4 - 6 hours a day I come to a revelation. You can Either farm Hiram and really work to improve your gear without spending thousands of gold OR you can play the game.

Theoretically, you can do both, but the reality is that spending 2+ hours at a pop farming, all you want to do is "anything" else but play AA. The drop rate kills any thoughts of improving gear in time to be really competitive and participate immediately, and yet is just enough for you to see some progress where you Might be able to be competitive in a couple months.

And then of course, I finally found some detailed information on "Awakening" the gear. First impression - it will take double or triple the amount of time invested to improve to "awakened" gear (which is equal to ayanad).

So, is this gear really supposed to help people try and bridge the gear gap, or is it simply a tool to guarantee population in AA remains steady? Or is it just an addiction?

its an illusion like most of the stuff they add to the game.
    i could understand if you were farming one piece
    but if you want a full awakened set, its easly 1 year grind for any casual player
    and that doesn't include t3 gems or costumes and so on.

the RNG is quite brutal
    lets say you want a bow, not only you have to kill 100ish mobs for a drop
    you also need to roll 1/6 drops: 1h , 2h , instrument , 3 armor types.
    so lets say you want a 1hander, its easly 1 per 600 mobs
    now lets say you want a shield, 1hander has 9 options on it.
    we are already at 1 at 5400mobs to roll a shield.
    then theose 3 stats are big RNG, you get all 3 irrelvant stats and basicly did 5400 mobs for nothing.
    then you still don't wanan give up, you do another 4600mobs and try rolling something while upgrading it to arcane
    then you fail hard at the 1/10 odds to roll something relevant.

and here you are with 10,000 mobs killed and nothing to show up for
    then you have to repeat the cycle =)

------------------
    so if previously people had complains such as "it takes 1 year to catch up, driving packs , bla bla"
    now its actually even longer XD
    since people end up sinking thier time on irrelevant hiram gear, forgeting t3 gems, costumes or even grinding gold for buffs.

if iam not understanding something correctly, feel free to comment bellow and correct me.
    in general if koreans had a GOAL, of creating a system for new players to catch up
    they kinda made it harder =P

--------------------
    i oneshot groups of mobs with over 2k magic attack
    not giving a dam about 80% dmg reduce buff if you pull more than 8-10.
    i just collect 20 and nuke them in few seconds.

would like to see players on fresh start farming =S

I agree with the sentiment that it's an illusion...arguably even for one piece as a stat stick farming with gear that's way better than what hiram is designed to be used at, if you have terrible RNG, as BloodyAlex mentioned.

Good luck convincing everyone in their crafted gear though, who have done zero research into how the RNG works, how much XP is needed, or the Awakening system (but they did look at the top 100 GS on FS once and saw 1 person in Hiram at like #98, then freaked out!)….

I guess on the bright side, at least it appears that after you manage to successfully awaken your hiram piece, I think it keeps the same 3 stats...going through stat RNG again like you have to do with guild cloaks would be pretty brutal. That's literally the only positive I can think of.

I'm also really happy about the honor sink...that's what everyone has been complaining about, SO glad to see XL stepping up and getting that honor sink added in ASAP. I mean, it's especially all the newer players that really have just thousands and thousands of honor with nothing at all to spend it on... Cash shop for an extra 40% the first try and an extra 5% more on the "failstack" though...I guess that's the silver lining? (/sarcasm)

if i have to give a Feedback on current system.

i would recommend mobs to drop "Tokens" which later on the player can exchange at a specific work bench for the type of weapon he wants.
    its already would remove huge portion of the RNG.
    if someone needs a BOW, he can keep purchasing Bows with said tokens, till he gets something with relevant stats.

later on, if the system still is not good enough, can introduce "Reroll scrolls" to make it easier to roll the stats you need.

its one thing when you know that you have to kill 100,000mobs and you are done
    another thing when you have just finished killing 100,000mobs but you realize that you wasted your time
    stats on all your gear are irrelevant XD

The drop rate is fine. We did not get the update that gives up xp potions for the hiram gear. When you awaken the hiram gear, you get another set of random stats, so whatever stats you get right now doesn't matter if you want to divine it.

Edit: so you're better off saving up the cloaked hiram items until we get the update that adds the potions to the crates.

Quote Originally Posted by Triosta View Post
    The drop rate is fine. We did not get the update that gives up xp potions for the hiram gear. When you awaken the hiram gear, you get another set of random stats, so whatever stats you get right now doesn't matter if you want to divine it.

Edit: so you're better off saving up the cloaked hiram items until we get the update that adds the potions to the crates.
    it maintains old stats
    as can be seen on this screenshot
    https://i1.wp.com/static.xlgames.com...ng?w=750&ssl=1

the point here, is how long it takes for new players to gear up to something relevant
    and is Hiram gear a valid option to reduce that time.

i said nothing about the drop rate, i simply explained the BRUTAL RNG involved in the farming process

It was never meant to be a gear gap closer. It was a gimmick to draw undergeared players into the open world for geared players to have content.

You Hiram gear is still useless without alts supplied prestige dependent gems.

Quote Originally Posted by Mangogogo View Post
    It was never meant to be a gear gap closer. It was a gimmick to draw undergeared players into the open world for geared players to have content.

You Hiram gear is still useless without alts supplied prestige dependent gems.

Incorrect. It was sold on the Twitch stream as a method for new players to gear up and become competitive quicker than the standard methods available. And IF you devoted 24 hours a day to farming Hiram, that would be true. Trion's claims are becoming alarmingly consistent.

Remember Muzzy telling us EVERYONE can have a dragon? Barely technically true IF Everyone could actually get all the required mats and wait the hundred or so Years in line while others made their dragons. In reality, that was a completely False statement.

The Gem thing you mention is irrelevant. All armor needs gems. Epherium is useless without gems. Put next to crafted armor, I found that when my Hiram armor got to Heroic, it was Equal to the Celestial Epherium I was wearing. My GS improved just a bit with the heroic Hiram set. Fill the Hiram with your Alt gouged gems and it is just as good as crafted.

The quality of the gear is not in question. It's the time it takes to reach the top tier. With crafting, you can Buy mats with gold - sell apex or credit items if you don't want to work for the gold - and have your top tier armor TODAY. With Hiram there is NO option other than spending months of time grinding grinding grinding grinding grinding grinding grinding. You can't sell it, you can't trade it, you can't buy pieces off the AH, you can't get a piece that is already up to rare or arcane or heroic to make your synthesis go faster.

It's mindless. It's not fun. But once you are committed to doing it, you are stuck.

And all the time you are out farming Hiram, you are not doing Anything enjoyable in the game. Can't do dungeons, or daily events or anything else because your loot pots are on a timer, and the loot pots are not cheap.

I got all Hiram gear/ pieces within 3 weeks.

Grinding maybe 3-5 hours a day. Not every drop is what you want - use it to upgrade. Drop rate is sometime ok, sometimes not even worth going there (none, or 1 piece a day, sometimes 3-5 drops).

Stats on the items are mostly bad. Very bad or not what you need.

Maybe takes some more month to get the right stuff and then switch it out.

Build your Epherium or prepare it, in the meantime use Hiram. Hiram is still better as the GHA stuff. When your Epherium is fine, unwrap and use it, or build it more to something better. Then switch Hiram out.

Quote Originally Posted by dumbo View Post
    Incorrect. It was sold on the Twitch stream as a method for new players to gear up and become competitive quicker than the standard methods available. And IF you devoted 24 hours a day to farming Hiram, that would be true. Trion's claims are becoming alarmingly consistent.

Remember Muzzy telling us EVERYONE can have a dragon? Barely technically true IF Everyone could actually get all the required mats and wait the hundred or so Years in line while others made their dragons. In reality, that was a completely False statement.

The Gem thing you mention is irrelevant. All armor needs gems. Epherium is useless without gems. Put next to crafted armor, I found that when my Hiram armor got to Heroic, it was Equal to the Celestial Epherium I was wearing. My GS improved just a bit with the heroic Hiram set. Fill the Hiram with your Alt gouged gems and it is just as good as crafted.

The quality of the gear is not in question. It's the time it takes to reach the top tier. With crafting, you can Buy mats with gold - sell apex or credit items if you don't want to work for the gold - and have your top tier armor TODAY. With Hiram there is NO option other than spending months of time grinding grinding grinding grinding grinding grinding grinding. You can't sell it, you can't trade it, you can't buy pieces off the AH, you can't get a piece that is already up to rare or arcane or heroic to make your synthesis go faster.

It's mindless. It's not fun. But once you are committed to doing it, you are stuck.

And all the time you are out farming Hiram, you are not doing Anything enjoyable in the game. Can't do dungeons, or daily events or anything else because your loot pots are on a timer, and the loot pots are not cheap.
    Isn't it faster to grind the same mobs and work on crafted gear with the spoils than trying to get the ideal hiram gear? Gem thing is relevant if the idea is to close the gear gap. Crafted shells or Hiram shells, does it matter if both doesn't achieve the aim of closing the gear gap?

It was never meant to be a true gap closer. It was meant to lure players out to be content. The only true gap closer XL did was Obsidian. But they realised that mistake and went away from it with each subsequent updates.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast