+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: Community Relations

Quote Originally Posted by Muzzy View Post
    I don't have enough time to give this the full response that I might otherwise want to, but here's a quick overview of the topics from my standpoint.
    May be im asking or thinking too much but... guy asked you/trion to asnwer on his topic (you did it, but "not full answer that i might otherwise want to" because NOT ENOUGH TIME), but you said you have not enough time to give full answer... ehm.. isnt your job as a community manager to actually answer to something like that and talk to people? If yes, then where is all your time gone? What else are you doing ALL DAY LONG that you have literally 5-6 answers a day at max. How are you even a community manager?

Not trying to be toxic, just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestrata Bloodsong View Post
    I know y'all......
    My response in an image

I just want to clarify that I wasn't implying we should have access to your Jira (God no lol!) LET ME AT THE AGILE BOARDS!!!

But its that functionality of ;

here is a issues/bug/feature
    here is all the official responses
    here its current state in workflow
    here are the watchers
    here is the vote count etc.

There is always this feeling, if an issue is not big, it drops off the radar, that's the nature of forums.. the just drop your issue down and down and down...till they dissapear.. if you do find it.. its hard to understand what the current situation is..

Also maybe I just want to say - Yes good idea, No Bad idea that is visual and tracked and moves a feature or bug request up a list of priorities

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Celestrata Bloodsong View Post
    I know y'all don't see me that frequently anymore as most of my work is behind-the-scenes these days, but hi! I can explain all of this because this is pretty much my job anymore.
    Hope that answers some stuff for ya.
    Anymore? Is that supposed to be anyway?

Personally this all sounds great, but if you dont use it, its just a big giant mothball collection and considering the state of Trion <-> XL communication it seems like someone is choosing to not use any of these great tools.

Take for example bug tracking. We have a bug forum to post things. Which gets rarely a response or feedback, you literally post there and never hear about it again, which is pretty much standard one way flow of information between Players -> Trion. Now in theory, those bugs once reported would get tested and added to jira and then XL could keep Trion updated as to the status, logic, reasoning as you described above. This would mean that when you actually had live streams and regularly communicated with the players we could ask 'what about X bug' and you could look it up before the live stream and come prepared to say 'this is the current status of that bug, its changed or hasn't changed, etc', but instead we got 'what bug, not sure what you mean' even though a quick glance at the forum had it on the front page. So clearly while you may have to tools to do this, something isn't working.

Same goes for the recent removal of the skill que. One of Trion's shining achievements for NA was getting us skill que which was then removed without a word and Trion had no clue about it. The entire feedback I saw on the topic was 'whatever it is now, is how it will be staying'. How is something as important as skill que removed without it being discussed in your elaborate communication system?

Why is it that every new patch is a complete surprise right up to the very last second, including getting live releases that didnt get tested? It seems like if the communication system was as great as you described, everything should be documented well enough that a) trion would be able to communicate with players and b) each patch wouldnt be a mystery surprise box

I could go on, but its all been said many times before.

Bro, why the trolling youtube link in the patch notes?

5.   This is the last Archeage Team post in this thread.   #15
    ArcheAge Associate Producer Celestrata Bloodsong's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Edwardo View Post
    Anymore? Is that supposed to be anyway?

Personally this all sounds great, but if you dont use it, its just a big giant mothball collection and considering the state of Trion <-> XL communication it seems like someone is choosing to not use any of these great tools.

Take for example bug tracking. We have a bug forum to post things. Which gets rarely a response or feedback, you literally post there and never hear about it again, which is pretty much standard one way flow of information between Players -> Trion. Now in theory, those bugs once reported would get tested and added to jira and then XL could keep Trion updated as to the status, logic, reasoning as you described above. This would mean that when you actually had live streams and regularly communicated with the players we could ask 'what about X bug' and you could look it up before the live stream and come prepared to say 'this is the current status of that bug, its changed or hasn't changed, etc', but instead we got 'what bug, not sure what you mean' even though a quick glance at the forum had it on the front page. So clearly while you may have to tools to do this, something isn't working.

Same goes for the recent removal of the skill que. One of Trion's shining achievements for NA was getting us skill que which was then removed without a word and Trion had no clue about it. The entire feedback I saw on the topic was 'whatever it is now, is how it will be staying'. How is something as important as skill que removed without it being discussed in your elaborate communication system?

Why is it that every new patch is a complete surprise right up to the very last second, including getting live releases that didnt get tested? It seems like if the communication system was as great as you described, everything should be documented well enough that a) trion would be able to communicate with players and b) each patch wouldnt be a mystery surprise box

I could go on, but its all been said many times before.
    You may have misunderstood. "All I do anymore" is kind of like saying "that's all I do these days," or "this is what I primarily do." These tools are used on a daily basis.

Additionally, skill queue has not been removed. Not in the slightest. What was adjusted was the Global Cooldown and how those skills interact with GCD, which is the same for the Korean version. Everything we have, skill wise, is the same as the Korean system.
    Seraphina "Celestrata" Brennan
    Associate Producer, ArcheAge
    Scheherazade -- Future Nui Character

Looking for help? Contact our support team! | Visit the website for the latest news
    | Follow us on Facebook and Twitter!

I am sorry to go off topic for a quick second, is there any way Muzzy you can communicate to the team about the lack of cape resource farming in Diamond shores? I am going to assume you folks will have a huge problem once Cape farming starts in DS. As of this minute I am others are having been spending a great deal of time for a extremely rare amount of material needed, and as far we can say, it is very unbalanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Muzzy View Post
    -Bring back a weekly stream

The reason we reduced the streaming schedule to 'only when there is a major announcement' is because the other streams took time and other resources, and didn't do enough to deliver what the players wanted - information. We will continue hosting those in the community who are interested in sharing their AA experiences and only have a stream when there are big news topics to discuss. Other discussions can be more helpfully tracked in the forums. I want to stream every day, but the content for those streams just isn't there. This was not a decision we came to lightly, but we're happy to use the time to support Trion Creators and other members of the community who are interested in streaming on twitch to show off their positive involvement in AA.

This is what I would consider a serious mistake. You/Trion/XL have no concept of the value of people being told "we are still working on that". Consistent communication on a weekly basis will keep players playing Because they at least feel reassured that their issues are being worked on.

Silence is Deafening. When the players believe that the company just does not care about the player's issues, the game dies. It does NOT matter what the Facts are. Perception is Everything.

You Need to keep the weekly Twitch streams, even if it is just to handle questions from Chat to say "we are still working on that".

Thank you @ Celestrata and Muzzy for the detailed responses !

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2