+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Health of the game

People get dissatisfied and leave because eventually the game's own systems destroys players' enjoyment. I speak of the regrade system of course. Lower the effectiveness of regrades above celestial and you'll be closer to fixing the problem. Cut back on effects that disable people or add resistances to those effects to character stats. Strength giving a chance to resist snare, agility resists trip, stamina resists stun, spirit resists sleep. Characters need a longer survival rate in pvp. If you're not satisfied, you're not going to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodor69 View Post
    Trion rep, Celestrata, to whom it concerns (all of us who play),

I am very concerned about the health of the game. We've now had two mergers and a third one is likely coming in 6 months, due to loss of the playerbase.
    6 months? Why do we have to wait that long? A merge was due when the latest Fresh Starts began. Maybe a month later at the most.

Apex price isn't effecting loss of playerbase. It's called lack of content. If you are familiar with "update" 4.0 and 4.5, that's all you need to know. The lack of content gain is your indication to a game XL Games is slowly letting end or at least slowly leading to no more new content. As long as players use a Legacy server or two and will keep paying/playing on another Fresh Start server they will keep servers up. Have fun with what you got, you are obviously getting less content the next update and even less with the update after that. It's a free game, enjoy what you got.

6 Month

I cant remember when Harany did the last time Aegis or Whalesong raid at EU Eanna^^

. The Freshstart EZI soak some Legacy Player from my Server.
    . Following we got a lot low populated Guilds where some complete join into one of those 2 Auroria Nations,
    2 Auroria Nations at EU Eanna who own each 3 Castles, made a not attack agreement to earn each week 180 Lordcoins from each Castle^^
    . Bless Online Starts and soak some more Player out of ArcheAge.
    . Diabolo 3 Season 14 Starts at last Friday and soak again a lot Player away.

And now we should wait 6 more Month ?
    . December Starts Ashes of Creation

Do u realy think to keep the Player at the EMPTY Legacy Server ?
    I wont with a "Transfer" giveup the Bonus from my Empty Rank 8 Guild also my Rank 3 Family.
    What i will do u can smell.....
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. [attributed to Albert Einstein]

Quote Originally Posted by Snerdles View Post
    People selling APEX for real life cash should be banned of course. Controlling the market because you don't want to pay gold for them? If you think they are that overpriced how come you aren't buying them from Trion and listing them cheaper?

OK, something isnt making sense to me. Why would people sell apex for "real life" cash when everyone can already buy apex with "real life" cash? It's not like they could jack up the price and make a profit.

As far as the market, that is run by supply and demand. List apex for 600 during the first month of FS, you will not get any responses. Once there is enough gold in the economic system, like present day, you can sell an apex for 575 - 600 gold. But it won't sell for 1000.

In a few months it will, because there will be that much more gold in the economic system.

Quote Originally Posted by dumbo View Post
    OK, something isnt making sense to me. Why would people sell apex for "real life" cash when everyone can already buy apex with "real life" cash? It's not like they could jack up the price and make a profit.
    Because buying apex for gold is so super cheap and easy and other people will buy them for real money you can actually make pretty decent money. Even though it's cheating to bothe sell and buy in game assests from other player for real money there are many players who just don't care about rules or being decent people as long as they can win.
    Epic Erenor Scepter - 856 Magic Att, 733 gimped DPS.
    Epic Erenor Katana - 815.3 DPS.
    Epic Erenor Bow - 693 DPS... worse than the gimped weapon even though it's a primary weapon.
    "Balance" . . . This doesn't even take in to account the 978.4 epic erenor nodachi, or 978 mAtt staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Snerdles View Post
    2000g per APEX isn't just fairly easy, it's actually difficult not to accomplish if you are playing the game like an MMO is usually played (IE, daily). Remember how you get 172800 labor... but you only need about 2800g in total, and that works out to 1.62 silver per labor. If you aren't making that then you need to stop doing whatever it is you are wasting your labor on.
    So this thread got completely de-railed by the Apex discussion, which, isn't the focus or intent of the thread. This thread is about bringing new players into the game to save the dying population. There should be two points we should be concerned about:

1. Without new players, it leads to more merges, and eventual game death.
    2. Methodology for player retention - player experience - will it leave them wanting to stay?

That said, I have to agree to a degree with Snerdles: I don't believe it is hard for a single player to make Apex right now for Patron. I also agree with others that the price is 'too high'; Apex does reflect what the market will support, but as other players have done as well, I have let Patron drop on all but 1 account myself. Probably for the best because it means I spend less time in game trying to make efficient labor to gold conversion, and more time in the real world, leading to a better time vs. experience situation in AA. One good suggestion did come out of this, while someone mentioned extra Apex on a purchase, I thought how could Trion improve the experience of actual new players (address #2). Add a quest for 3 days of Patron for level 30 or level 50 so they get to see how good it is and 'live the good life'. It might lead to more Apex purchases, drop in price, increased player satisfaction. This is all information for another thread, really.

I want to know how Trion is planning on bringing new players into the game. Right now, it seems like they've given up.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdayz View Post
    Bless Online Starts and soak some more Player out of ArcheAge.
    I haven't touched Archeage since Alpha (until recently) but trying Bless was what made me come back here lol. That game is on a fast road to nowhere.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3