+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Health of the game

Health of the game

Trion rep, Celestrata, to whom it concerns (all of us who play),

I am very concerned about the health of the game. We've now had two mergers and a third one is likely coming in 6 months, due to loss of the playerbase.

Things seem so much better now but I fear the mistake of encouraging toxic gameplay ("emergent gaming") early in the game, plus how hard the gear grind was, chased away a lot of people who will never look back.

Trying to get people to reactivate doesn't work. Some come back but many have a bad taste in their mouth.

Are you trying to get new players? Are you placing ads? Offering incentives such as if your friend joins, you get (x). So that the existing player base gets re-engaged and tries to get people to join.

I feel like you should be doing more to get new players into the game. It's soo much easier to regrade now, to craft with RNG removed, to socket gems. There are many non-PVP ways to get honor so new players can start getting honor based items without having to get face smashed by 12k+. I feel like this is the game that should have been released 3-4 years ago and we've all just been beta testers. Unfortunately that beta chased many off....

Let us know you are doing something to get new players. Without them, the game will eventually taper out. I assume you did make money from this game at some point, there should also be a financial benefit to you to keep it going.

No one can really say what they're thinking, or if the many small changes to NA/EU versus KR is the fault of XLgames wanting the mother version being "superior" or trino trying to game the odds and get more marketplace action. Fresh eyed people going into the game without doing their research are spellbound by how pretty the game is, or how interesting the labor system is. They definitely get the wrong idea about the value of money, thinking gold is a big deal and is rare. Getting just 50 gold is an achievement when you first start, as i felt when i first started. AA isn't a newbie friendly game, and the backwards regrade bonus ladder just ruins everything when people first start to regrade and actually learn what the grade ranks do. It's pretty clear when you take 12k damage from a basic sorcery attack, and spend a year of your life just grinding in order to drop that damage down to 6k.

They need to balance apex prices first and ban whoever is trying to increase them by altering the market and selling them IRL for RMT. Their price is being bloated by someone/some group.
    Overpriced apexes kill the game for f2p players, it becomes harder to bring new players everyday.
    It's 1.5k atm and on the way to 2k, good luck for new f2p players who need to farm 3-4k without any proficiency and labor. They can't even sell anything without AH license. I see players that try and leave the game almost everyday just because of this issue. Just make the game subscription only model, or try to balance in-game apex prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Galmidor View Post
    They need to balance apex prices first and ban whoever is trying to increase them by altering the market and selling them IRL for RMT. Their price is being bloated by someone/some group.
    Overpriced apexes kill the game for f2p players, it becomes harder to bring new players everyday.
    It's 1.5k atm and on the way to 2k, good luck for new f2p players who need to farm 3-4k without any proficiency and labor. They can't even sell anything without AH license. I see players that try and leave the game almost everyday just because of this issue. Just make the game subscription only model, or try to balance in-game apex prices.
    When you see a listing of 100 APEX on the AH, you know someone bought out all the APEX below it and is reselling them for a higher price lol. There are people with enough gold to pull that off.

Quote Originally Posted by Galmidor View Post
    People selling APEX for real life cash should be banned of course. Controlling the market because you don't want to pay gold for them? If you think they are that overpriced how come you aren't buying them from Trion and listing them cheaper?
    Epic Erenor Scepter - 856 Magic Att, 733 gimped DPS.
    Epic Erenor Katana - 815.3 DPS.
    Epic Erenor Bow - 693 DPS... worse than the gimped weapon even though it's a primary weapon.
    "Balance" . . . This doesn't even take in to account the 978.4 epic erenor nodachi, or 978 mAtt staff.

Agreed, the apex price is going nuts. now, if you have a good gold-making setup, making 3,000 is relatively painless in 30 days. On the other hand, that eats up more than the quests offer per day. I don't really see many players, myself included, generating 2,000 gold per apex. I already had to downsize to just one patron-the upkeep was just BONKERS.
    But I am a semi-casual. I'm sure players who are more casual or hardcore will have differing opinions. But anyways, to the main point.

I actually gave a bit of thought to this a while back, here's my take. I'm not sure people are abusing it, at least to the extent you all believe.

option 1: Create a price cap on apex. I would suggest somewhere between 500-1200.

option 2: Use a system for selling them other than the auction house, and set a fair price.

option 3: Reduce the credits required for maintaining patron status.

option 4: Limit some items in the cash shop to real money instead of credits.

option 5: Reduce credit prices on everything

Quote Originally Posted by Riftic33 View Post
    option 1: Create a price cap on apex. I would suggest somewhere between 500-1200.

option 2: Use a system for selling them other than the auction house, and set a fair price.

option 3: Reduce the credits required for maintaining patron status.

option 4: Limit some items in the cash shop to real money instead of credits.

option 5: Reduce credit prices on everything
    A price cap means no one would buy them, so none would be available. What's a fair price other than one that people are buying them at? If they reduce the patron price you'd see APEX prices rise, not fall, since that would be the best way to get patron instead of the worst. Credits is real money. I do agree that everything on the credit shop is massively overpriced, but I think that in most games and people still shovel money at devs.

How can you say that you can't make 2000g per APEX? A pair of APEX gets you 172800 labor per 30 days, and at least 300 loyalty (since you get labor and loyalty in both regions). If you earn just 5 silver per labor and sell your loyalty at 2.5g each you've made 9390g, which is 4695g per APEX. 5 silver per labor is insanely easy to achieve, and safe zone trade runs will generally get you 10-ish, which makes that way more gold.

I ask this nearly every time someone says APEX are way overpriced... but if you think gold is that valuable, why aren't you buying APEX to put on the market since you get so much gold for your money?
    Epic Erenor Scepter - 856 Magic Att, 733 gimped DPS.
    Epic Erenor Katana - 815.3 DPS.
    Epic Erenor Bow - 693 DPS... worse than the gimped weapon even though it's a primary weapon.
    "Balance" . . . This doesn't even take in to account the 978.4 epic erenor nodachi, or 978 mAtt staff.

Maybe this may help you coop.

I have been playing this game since alpha you can not even make a forum profile without shelling out 150 dollar before it launch. I personally think the game is still the same gear grinding game we play in 2014. Everyone who been playing know the mechanic of the world boss and dungeon. Drawing in new player is very hard at this point. The whale who are still active are just farming the server now. The gear gap is still too big for new player. High Geared can 1 shot a lv 55 still. People are just still camping lowbie packs. It all about that easy gold easy life.
    Been a month and my ticket have yet been resolve.
    My account was hacked and i lost everything
    141008-002654
    Never Solved but not happy
    10/08/2014

A lot of what is driving the higher average prices on Apex is the fact that they are used to transfer large amounts of gold between servers. This is because APEX have a lower tax rate than other AH items. Simply changing that would stabilize the price by quite a bit I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Snerdles View Post
    A price cap means no one would buy them, so none would be available. What's a fair price other than one that people are buying them at? If they reduce the patron price you'd see APEX prices rise, not fall, since that would be the best way to get patron instead of the worst. Credits is real money. I do agree that everything on the credit shop is massively overpriced, but I think that in most games and people still shovel money at devs.

How can you say that you can't make 2000g per APEX? A pair of APEX gets you 172800 labor per 30 days, and at least 300 loyalty (since you get labor and loyalty in both regions). If you earn just 5 silver per labor and sell your loyalty at 2.5g each you've made 9390g, which is 4695g per APEX. 5 silver per labor is insanely easy to achieve, and safe zone trade runs will generally get you 10-ish, which makes that way more gold.

I ask this nearly every time someone says APEX are way overpriced... but if you think gold is that valuable, why aren't you buying APEX to put on the market since you get so much gold for your money?
    So, people buying them now and selling them would not do so? People have bought and sold apex at every price from 30 gold to 1,500 gold. Many would simply adjust to the new rules. It depends on where the price would be set, I think. People might be just fine with a price of 1,000 per apex. More is better or worse depending on if you are a seller or a buyer.

You're right. 2,000 gold per apex is fairly easy....provided you put in the time and energy, every day, to make it work. I just don't think I want to spend three of my daily six runs JUST to pay for patron. Which I don't even really need, it's just easier than other methods. Methods like adding more non-patron alts to generate more labor for free.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast