+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: Player Nation Ezi light bug

Quote Originally Posted by KrakenHo View Post
    Pirate faction can recruit from East AND West.

How is this fair, balanced gameplay?

East cannot recruit west players.
    West cannot recruit east players.

Yet pirate faction can gain players from both east and west.
    A clearly unbeatable advantage. From one or both, without consequence. Not having to support or defend either.

Remove pirate faction please. It should not exist. Remove Growlgate, no reason to have it.

I got your back SuperTrooper!
    Not debating Pirate Faction here, however, it does add an interesting twist.
    A reward, or, disadvantage for leaving your original Faction; to become Pirate, or, PN...
    I’m not a Pirate, but, pretty sure GG is their Ezi Source.
    They do not get West’s, or, East’s Buff by driving into that area.
    If PN would like an Ezi Light Buff of their own, give them one; at the Soverivn’s Castle Port, or, Ports, if there’s more than one PN. And, make them work for it, like the rest of the non-PN.
    Just a thought.... Isn’t that really why those ports are there?
    I enjoy a Contest, not a game of Tic Tac Toe, that player 2 can never win.
    Big Brother ,,,,-(O.O)-,,,, Sees All!
    KRAKEN - SANCTUARY

Seems like this is more of a gameplay feature suggestion than a bug. Its very clearly intended behavior, otherwise player nations would not have any ezi's light available.

Maybe it would be better to give them ezi's light at their nation base(s) or give them their own build-able base in DS. That would be closer to parity I think.

Edit: Did not see this was on page 2, above poster already expressed by idea for seperate ezi's lights. I would say however the next step after that is east/west bases are perma-camped/destroyed and they are angry they need to drive from two crowns to events all the time.

The fact that it exists, and people are using it, does not excuse the issue from this defined label, it needs to be given.
    Whether it was purposefully, or, hapenstancedly arrived at, bears no weight if the defenition, originally set out, stands.
    Changing a defenition of X, to suit the Users of X, is opening an entirely different can of worms.
    Already said it, “I agree it’s not a Bug”.
    However, the defenition of “Exploit” still stands, regardless of how it (Ezi) was made available; Be it by error, design flaw, oversight, or, what - have - you.
    Whichever way you look at it, something is amiss.
    KRAKEN - SANCTUARY

Player nations can use Diamond Shores, 2crowns and Austera ezi's, those are the only ones they can used. The ezi's lights of these places are protected by the Alliance. Since Player nations are not being attacked by Guards it means they are a part of the Alliance. Lastly, they can use either one of them as this is easier to code and there you have it.

“Player nations can use Diamond Shores, 2crowns and Austera ezi's, those are the only ones they can used.”

And...That, is the Issue:
    1. West = TC and DS-W.
    2. East = Austera and DS-E.
    3. Pirates = GG
    4. PN = Any? With, or, without a West/East Alliance.
    Pirates are Ex-West, or, Ex-East, and therefore are limited to GG.
    Same for PN, in part; PN is made up of Ex-West and Ex-East, but, instead of a limitation, are awarded a (make it easy on the coders) Exploit?
    Fix what is broken, don’t say, “It’s working as Intended” (Meaning: We broke it on purpose, but, it’s not worth the time and effort, to get it right, so we’ll leave it as is, and when the game dies, blame it on the people that left, because the game was broken).

“The ezi's lights of these places are protected by the Alliance.”

What Alliance?
    You mean the Controlling Nation?
    Not sure about other Servers, but, on this Server, there is/are no Alliances.
    West is not Allied with PN, neither is East, their Ally.

“Since Player nations are not being attacked by Guards it means they are a part of the Alliance.”

This would be true if;
    1. PN were/are Allied with either East or West.
    2. There were Guards. What Guards? There are no Guards @ West, or, East Ezi’s; DS has Auto Cannons, but, sitting inside the Ezi Sphere is outside their targeting Area. GG

“Lastly, they can use either one of them as this is easier to code and there you have it.”

That’s just inviting the “End of Days”.
    I never claimed, while doing something Right, it was going to be easy.
    If it were, there’d be no one doing anything wrong.

I’m out of patience waiting for the ‘Middle Man’ to get it right.
    “As it was meant to be, so shall it become.”
    KRAKEN - SANCTUARY

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2