+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: An APEX Thought

An APEX Thought

People seem very concerned recently about the rapidly inflating price of APEX. One major concern is that someone is cornering the market and artificially driving up the price. I don't think I subscribe to that idea, but I did have a thought on the matter and would like your feedback on potential repercussions.

What if APEX was saleable only 1 time via the AH and then it bound to the purchaser. In theory that would end speculation from AH hawks.

Some people complain it's the Auroria crates that are pumping the Apex price...and I believe low level alts in Auroria can't be pvp-ed.

IMO, its all about supply and demand. As more and more ppl get to an extended end game level where they dont need gold, thus dont bother buying APEX with cash, the less there are available for sale. Meanwhile demand grows due to more and more altage (Which I dont personally have a problems with, I have 5 active patron accounts that I pay cash for, Im in a fortunate position where thats no big deal).

I think people who are spending real cash in this game should be allowed to sell their stock as they wish. Why should Trion limit what they can sell and at how many. If this happens people will just buy less. If trion capped the Apex prices to 1k what movitation would there be to buy apex to sell - Trion would lose far more cash. Not a good business plan for them either.

You are not even aware what you are asking for. There is a reason why archeage is great as it is, FREE Economy. In other games like BDO, Guildwars 2 and others you have either a limited, controlled or no auctionhouse at all. And i can tell you its a pain in the ..... Why should someone tell me as a seller how much my item is worth not counting in the progress the game has done already or even the rarity of the item. People decide for themself and in the long run everything is in a circle.

Instead of wanting something being done by trion why dont you think how YOU as player can influence it. Think how you can hurt the people doing things like that to you. Example: Buy up basic materials for common packs or dont produce them. You as a farmer /fisher what ever you are, you have power that you are not aware off it seems.

No basic mats for traderuns -> less gold in the economy -> Lower Apex prices
    No fish -> no regrade scrolls -> no items to buy -> lower Apex prices
    there is multiple ways how everyone plays part in the economy and there is even more ways how even the smallest person that just had enough can make a difference.

Most average ppl. with few alts do 1000-1500g a day. At same time, only few people cash because there is not much to buy. So most people buy apex because they have nothing better to do with the gold and at the same time, less people spend money to buy apex with the same reason.

In the past, when apex got more expensive, people automaticly bought more apex. On this Fresh start, whales can't get better gear. Its limited to epherium or hiram. And Hiram also needs no gold.

Are you suggesting one player act as a reseller of basic mats in their AH cluster to combat apex resellers?

No i am suggesting to people trying to find a way to get involved into the system instead of complaining about it.
    Just to mention a example, i am one of the very suppliers of specific products on EU that everyone needs but nobody crafts/does them. If i stop it there is a shortage or no items of that kind at all.
    Gold is everywhere, you just have to go and collect it. Now even i would not even need patron to generate enough gold for patron and since i am not even using houses on my alts and main i wouldnt mind being without patron. Just if there wouldnt be the everywhere Auctionhouse and 5% extra Auctionhouse fee...

Quote Originally Posted by Reaha View Post
    I think people who are spending real cash in this game should be allowed to sell their stock as they wish. Why should Trion limit what they can sell and at how many. If this happens people will just buy less. If trion capped the Apex prices to 1k what motivation would there be to buy apex to sell - Trion would lose far more cash. Not a good business plan for them either.
    I agree with this statement

Quote Originally Posted by Reaha View Post
    I think people who are spending real cash in this game should be allowed to sell their stock as they wish. Why should Trion limit what they can sell and at how many. If this happens people will just buy less. If trion capped the Apex prices to 1k what movitation would there be to buy apex to sell - Trion would lose far more cash. Not a good business plan for them either.
    I feel like my suggestion is not being understood. I am saying APEX could only be sold 1 time via the AH before binding. Therefore only the people who paid real money would be setting the price of APEX. Nowhere do I suggest any sort of cap on price or quantity. This would exist as a way to stop buy low/sell high speculation from people who did not purchase APEX with real money. The exact mechanic would be what XL Games created with the Auction Mannequin.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast