+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: free pvp against anyone who have a freighter even on safe zones

Well, then the game would have much less players or no one except geared players would be able to do traderuns. Salinity would be really high.
    The problem with trading is alt trains, not safezone runs imo. I see that 10g follow fee didn't stop them at all.

I think this is the worst suggestion I've seen. The only way I could think of going worse is to suggest character delete on logout.

Pvp vs carts is not good pvp btw

I'm all for PVP vs. carts when they get as much health and armor as a car in real life. Good luck destroying a car in life with 3 whacks. Additionally they should have alarm systems that summon guards (police) to put you in jail for 10 in-game years for grand theft auto and larceny.

Quote Originally Posted by warmless View Post
    we need free pvp on free zones to anyone who run a freighter or at least as a following
    you follow another vehicle <snipped>

Stop calling it PvP. What you want is NOT PvP. It's a Lie to call it PvP.

You want to GANK. Thats you, so Bravely, attacking completely Non-combat characters because there is no risk to you.

You want Pvp? Go to the Arenas, go to Mistmerrow, go to Halcy, go to the Kraken, go to the other Faction and try to steal Their packs.

And by the way, if the company really was ridiculous enuff to follow your suggestion, the game would be empty in 1 week. No one would produce anything. Period. You act like a 14k GS is standard equipment. The cost in real dollars is stupidly high. No packs, No Mats, No gear being made, No regrading being done, No Fun, No players.

I'm guessing you're the guy sitting around with the 10k - 14k GS and nothing to do because noone shows up for any of the events anymore. I have a character on reckoning who has retired to a nice house, lakefront property, peaceful, quiet, not a soul around even tho it is near a specialty workstation. Saw the blurb for MM in one minute, so popped over to Austera - No one showed up.

So this is your answer to being bored I take it. Or are you just trying to speed up the death of the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Hodor69 View Post
    I'm all for PVP vs. carts when they get as much health and armor as a car in real life. Good luck destroying a car in life with 3 whacks. Additionally they should have alarm systems that summon guards (police) to put you in jail for 10 in-game years for grand theft auto and larceny.
    and vandalism and destruction of property

Quote Originally Posted by Rinalee View Post
    I can :>
    I can believe that you can get that much from the trader with a bunch of alts, but that's not going to be all profit unless you spent many more hours gathering the mats for them yourself too.

Quote Originally Posted by SamKook View Post
    I can believe that you can get that much from the trader with a bunch of alts, but that's not going to be all profit unless you spent many more hours gathering the mats for them yourself too.
    Gathering your own mats for trade packs, in nearly every case, hurts your overall returns. Plus, it's insanely slow in most cases and doesn't scale well if you need to pump through a few accounts.
    Epic Erenor Scepter - 856 Magic Att, 733 gimped DPS.
    Epic Erenor Katana - 815.3 DPS.
    Epic Erenor Bow - 693 DPS... worse than the gimped weapon even though it's a primary weapon.
    "Balance" . . . This doesn't even take in to account the 978.4 epic erenor nodachi, or 978 mAtt staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Snerdles View Post
    Gathering your own mats for trade packs, in nearly every case, hurts your overall returns. Plus, it's insanely slow in most cases and doesn't scale well if you need to pump through a few accounts.
    I know, my point was that you won't do 1k gold an hour doing packs in a safe zone only if you substract the price of the mats.

Quote Originally Posted by SamKook View Post
    I know, my point was that you won't do 1k gold an hour doing packs in a safe zone only if you substract the price of the mats.
    How i do it : Half of the mats i use are bought in AH (cheapest mats, each pack costs me like 40-80s/ea), the other half is provided by myself from gathering the mats (from either planted trees or upgraded farmhouses).

As for the run, i don't use alts, i just have friends who are helping me (we're only 3, no alt train with freighters :>) to bring the packs from A (inland zone) to B (coast zone) & charge my merchant ship & deliver all the packs at C (coast zone). 1 run is around 10-15 long & i get like 15g-16g/pack (so 300~345g per run).

If you're curious about my daily labor pool : 2880 (24h regenerated LP) + 1800 (600*6 from sleeping 3 times) + 1000 (labor stipend) + 500 (vocation stipend) = 6180
    (it can go up to 7080 from the 7th login reward or 7680 from the 14th day's)

Now you know how to make +1k gold/hour doing packs in safe zone even by substracting the price of the mats

Quote Originally Posted by Snerdles View Post
    I timed myself, i spend around 15 mins/day to gather all the mats for my daily trade packs /o/.

(i'm feeling guilty, cause my post is kinda off topic )

Quote Originally Posted by Rinalee View Post
    I timed myself, i spend around 15 mins/day to gather all the mats for my daily trade packs /o/.
    Right, so 15 minutes is an entire run of packs of time wasted. Using the seed beds is fast, but inefficient since you get less per seed and get no RNG mats. The only time you would grow your own mats is if you just don't have enough time to run more packs but need to use up labor. This is, of course if you are looking for the most profit overall and not absolute profit per pack.

Take for example the nice simple aged packs for someone who just has access to patron so has 2880 labor per day. I'll use Sunbite to Solis since that's a pretty popular run on the east but this is the same fore pretty much every run.

If you decide to buy all of the goods in NA right now to craft your own aging larder it will cost you either labor, or 7.015g right now. If you buy the larder already created it will cost you 7.7g. That means if you add in all the other mats to make honey the aged pack in total cost 12.887 if you craft it yourself, and 13.572.

As for labor, each aged pack (honey, in this example) will cost you 120 labor per pack if you crafted the aged pack yourself, but only 81 if you buy it. A honey pack turn in at Solis for 26.0393 at it's 130% turn in which mean you profit 13.1523 per pack for crafted larders and 12.4673 for purchased larders. That works out to 10.96 silver per labor (kinda average) if you craft and 15.39 silver per labor if you purchase it.

10.96 * 2880 is 31564.8, or 315g. 15.39 * 2880 is 44323.2, or 443g. So in this case in the long run buying your aging larder is costing you 130g a day. 130g a day is 3900g a month... which is more than enough to pay for your account for free in that one extra pack run that can be made each day. If you gather all the mats for your larder rather than just buying them this spread gets even worse.

And no, no one should be able to steal that money from you in safe zones. That's just stupid. (See, we are on topic).
    Epic Erenor Scepter - 856 Magic Att, 733 gimped DPS.
    Epic Erenor Katana - 815.3 DPS.
    Epic Erenor Bow - 693 DPS... worse than the gimped weapon even though it's a primary weapon.
    "Balance" . . . This doesn't even take in to account the 978.4 epic erenor nodachi, or 978 mAtt staff.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast