+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Your game and profits die when players quit due to Apex prices

Your game and profits die when players quit due to Apex prices

It's 1700 on NA and 1800 on EU this morning.

I personally have dropped Patron from all but one account since it's too pricey to keep buying apex. I've heard others have done the same.

Sure there is an event going on driving prices up, but when the event us over, we haven't got the Whales we use to. Recovery will be very hard, possibly not recovering. You are doing semi to semi permanent damage to the game, the players, and your future profits. When players quit or don't buy patron any more for some accounts, that's lost potential profits. Right now I have a semi geared alt I was considering something for off the market, but with the Apex prices, it's TOO EXPENSIVE to buy luxuries. So I'll wait. When players can't afford to bay stuff off of the marketplace, That's lost sales and profits for your own bottom line, Trion. The auction warriors are making it worse by buying everything up and reselling at ridiculous prices. There are some, very rich folk, who this may not effect as much. That doesn't mean the demand for the other 90% of the playerbase is there.

It's in your own interest to fix this, Trion.

Why somebody should buy apex from trion? Apex are expensive compared to credits. Never could understand that people bought apex insteat of credits.

Players quit because legacy servers are unmaintained. No events, no merges. Nothing.
    APEX price is just a result.
    It's free farming land and player nations have enough gold from their castles, PVE bosses, 400g auroran boxes and etc.
    There no reason to resell APEX for gold.

Agree. Had to drop patron on 2 accounts, temporarily at least. I use EU to help keep them in patron, but the prices of stone have dropped dramatically. I have other things to sell on EU, but it's much more challenging and time consuming to earn enough gold- both on EU and NA to earn gold for apex for patron, and to have enough gold to buy gear or daily living expenses (hereafters, farming stuff, pots, etc) I really wanted to buy that furniture for the Mushroom house... but Apex was so high I needed more time to save up. By the time I had the money, it was out of the market. They missed out on my money.

I'm not sure Trion can do much, but.. meh. it sucks.

Keyword:

Quote Originally Posted by Hodor69 View Post
    morning
    Prices drop during primetime in the evening, but you're right, prices are rising obnoxiously high.

Trion left Apex prices unattended. Their price became doubled in just one month. It's not a slow pace, their price sometimes gets +30-50g everyday, that's really quick. People are selling apexes to their alts to increase their price or doing RMT everyday for 20k+. Their price is being inflated everyday by resellers.
    They need to find a solution for Apex reselling. They can copy the system of Auction Mannequins. An apex must be able to be sold only once. This way, the only people who pay $10 and sell them through AH can set their price. I don't know what Trion is waiting at this point.

Some people buy cheap apexes, inflate their price, then resell them. They do tons of profit this way and they are killing the game slowly as a side effect.

This new market system won't be good for casual or new players, they will be doing close to zero profits. You know, not everyone does alt trains with freighters. Or not everyone has enough proficiency to get good silver/labor ratios. I personally can do profits since I'm an old player with many 230k professions, but I can see that new or casual players in our guild are having a really hard time. When Apexes reach 2k, they will need to get 4k without any labor regeneration. Getting patron was costing 1800g just 30 or 40 days ago.

I personally can pay if Trion wants to change this game to subscription-only, but they need to offer special patron prices for each country. Atm, I need to pay 5 times more than an U.S. based player(because of the exchange rate) and that sucks. Fortnite and many other f2p online games offer special prices per country.

Someone has to spend the real money to get the APEX to introduce into the AH. Most used to do this to get some quick gold by selling them. Since you have less of them hitting the AH it's simple supply and demand.

Another thing to think about.
    If you take the subscription deal they had/have for the full year upfront subscription it comes out to $9.99 (US) per month, the price of buying a single APEX. Since you need two APEX to to get enough credits to patron up for a month the first option I mentioned is a better deal and then you don't have to stress out about APEX prices every month.
    Thunder Lotus Guild
    Aria, Formerly of Namia and Kraken - West To visit our website click here

Buy a subscription.

Seriously, if you cannot afford $15 a month, you probably should not be playing games, or you are underage and not allowed to play AA.

Quote Originally Posted by Tr34 View Post
    They need to find a solution for Apex reselling. They can copy the system of Auction Mannequins. An apex must be able to be sold only once.
    That would add so much friction that no one would ever buy apex to sell them. I spend about $200 a week on apex to sell, and if they were like that, I'd never buy them to sell. i'd just sell superior yellows instead.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanA View Post
    That would add so much friction that no one would ever buy apex to sell them. I spend about $200 a week on apex to sell, and if they were like that, I'd never buy them to sell. i'd just sell superior yellows instead.
    no friction the only players that will be affected are resellers , maybe you are one of them

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast