+ Reply to Thread

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: Attack speed VS crit chance

Attack speed VS crit chance

Hello adventurers,
    I'm running dual-wielding with Battlerage and Shadowplay to farm Hiram and as a suplementary I picked Archery (yes, Archery!), but put there only 2 points so I'm heavily focused on melee only.

I'm slowly progressing with my Hiram weapons and instrument and I keep rolling Attack Speed on them. Ideally I wanted Str/Crit Dmg/Crit Chance but couldn't roll Crit Chance.
    I'm running around with over 100% Crit Dmg, 40% Crit Chance.
    For PvE with Frenzy my Attack Speed rises immensly. (from all the passives and delirium and what not)
    Should I take my chances and opt for Crit Chance or Attack Speed is as good/not that awful of an idea?

So basically:
    +40 Attack Speed OR +4% Crit Chance?
    Which effect will be more perceptible? In Both Frenzy and normal mode.

I don't have any means of boosting my crit chance temporarily and fiddle around with it to check myself ...

Also this Outrider class (Batttlerage/Shadowplay/Archery) I usually swap for a simple Darkrunner or Shadowblade but always with like max 4 point out in the 3rd tree only.

40% crit chance is pathetic. Get more of that.

3.   This is the last Archeage Team post in this thread.   #3
    ArcheAge Community Manager
    Let me preface this with, "I'm a noob PvPer"

Attack speed lowers the GCD - global cooldown - for each ability that has a GCD. (note: most abilities were reworked recently to have GCDs specific to the ability. ie: Endless Arrows now had a GCD that is super short compared with other abilities). It, obviously, also affects how quickly you do basic attacks. So if you're a melee and spell slinger (ie: hellweaver, daggerspell, etc dual wield) then AS is pretty decent, but mostly just to affect how quickly you recover from one ability to start casting the next, which is super important for CC based abilities, as you often want them to go off in response to what you see your enemy doing.

CC seems to be king right now, as is Crit, so the decision is as important as it is difficult. If you are just trying to determine which is more perceptible, I think it'll be Crit Chance. But that doesn't answer which is more important - I think this is determined by what your playstyle is, which abilities you've taken, and how much you rely on basic attacks vs abilities.

I've currently got my attack speed down to 83.5% of what a base attack speed would be, and at this point I can just about feel the difference of how quickly I gain access to my other abilities after using one. I don't rely on basic attacks as a daggerspell.

My crit chance is only 30% but increases from several passives from gear and abilities, probably up to around 50% - still working on more!

Because I rely heavily on my skills, I really enjoy the AS buffs, but I definitely notice that my high damage skills benefit tremendously from a solid crit (mob clear time is almost always dependent on crit for me, whereas dealing with PvP feels more dependent on chaining my abilities).

Then again, there's always that saying, "The best defense is a good offense", and "They can't hurt you if they're dead". which would be the argument for Crit.

I doubt I've helped you at all, but talking this out definitely helped me with my way forward

Quote Originally Posted by Muzzy View Post

Attack speed lowers the GCD - global cooldown - for each ability that has a GCD. (note: most abilities were reworked recently to have GCDs specific to the ability. ie: Endless Arrows now had a GCD that is super short compared with other abilities). It, obviously, also affects how quickly you do basic attacks. So if you're a melee and spell slinger (ie: hellweaver, daggerspell, etc dual wield) then AS is pretty decent, but mostly just to affect how quickly you recover from one ability to start casting the next, which is super important for CC based abilities, as you often want them to go off in response to what you see your enemy doing.

CC seems to be king right now, as is Crit, so the decision is as important as it is difficult. If you are just trying to determine which is more perceptible, I think it'll be Crit Chance. But that doesn't answer which is more important - I think this is determined by what your playstyle is, which abilities you've taken, and how much you rely on basic attacks vs abilities.

I've currently got my attack speed down to 83.5% of what a base attack speed would be, and at this point I can just about feel the difference of how quickly I gain access to my other abilities after using one. I don't rely on basic attacks as a daggerspell.

My crit chance is only 30% but increases from several passives from gear and abilities, probably up to around 50% - still working on more!

Because I rely heavily on my skills, I really enjoy the AS buffs, but I definitely notice that my high damage skills benefit tremendously from a solid crit (mob clear time is almost always dependent on crit for me, whereas dealing with PvP feels more dependent on chaining my abilities).

Then again, there's always that saying, "The best defense is a good offense", and "They can't hurt you if they're dead". which would be the argument for Crit.

I doubt I've helped you at all, but talking this out definitely helped me with my way forward
    The correct thinking is that you do no damage if you are dead.

Also, crit chance is way more important than attack speed due to resilience.

Lots of changes coming in phase 5 that's going to throw all of this out of whack.

crit chance to the max > str > crit dmg increase > attack speed?
    (str gives crit dmg, crit chance, mattack)

and don't hate on the guy for 40%, he might be 4-5k or less, and has already said he's wearing hiram so you know it's celestial or lower

Quote Originally Posted by Muzzy View Post

Muzzy do you know the % or the amount that reduces the Resillence or Toughnes?

I currently have 7200 of resillence and 2300 of Toughness and for lack of information in the game, I do not know if it has an adequate reduction, I do not know if it decreases 7% or 70%

This prevents me from being able to create my build suitable for my game style.

Does anyone own or know information about it?

Quote Originally Posted by TrumpsToupee View Post
    crit chance to the max > str > crit dmg increase > attack speed?
    (str gives crit dmg, crit chance, mattack)

and don't hate on the guy for 40%, he might be 4-5k or less, and has already said he's wearing hiram so you know it's celestial or lower
    thanks, I will try and get crit chance on my next hiram and feed my current celestials to them then... so here we go again
    and yep, I'm 5k GS, self made Celestial Epherium Flame with no gems yet, so my 40% crit chance (44% to be exact) doesn't bother me

Quote Originally Posted by Gagro View Post
    Muzzy do you know the % or the amount that reduces the Resillence or Toughnes?

I currently have 7200 of resillence and 2300 of Toughness and for lack of information in the game, I do not know if it has an adequate reduction, I do not know if it decreases 7% or 70%

This prevents me from being able to create my build suitable for my game style.

Does anyone own or know information about it?
    Resilience : http://forums.archeagegame.com/showt...ence-Toughness

Toughness : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...kzk/edit#gid=0

Attack speed VS crit chance
    Hello adventurers,
    I'm running dual-wielding with Battlerage and Shadowplay to farm Hiram and as a suplementary I picked Archery (yes, Archery!), but put there only 2 points so I'm heavily focused on melee only.

I'm slowly progressing with my Hiram weapons and instrument and I keep rolling Attack Speed on them. Ideally I wanted Str/Crit Dmg/Crit Chance but couldn't roll Crit Chance.
    I'm running around with over 100% Crit Dmg, 40% Crit Chance.
    For PvE with Frenzy my Attack Speed rises immensly. (from all the passives and delirium and what not)
    Should I take my chances and opt for Crit Chance or Attack Speed is as good/not that awful of an idea?

So basically:
    +40 Attack Speed OR +4% Crit Chance?
    Which effect will be more perceptible? In Both Frenzy and normal mode.

I don't have any means of boosting my crit chance temporarily and fiddle around with it to check myself ...

Also this Outrider class (Batttlerage/Shadowplay/Archery) I usually swap for a simple Darkrunner or Shadowblade but always with like max 4 point out in the 3rd tree only.
    You'll want to consider this before you choose which stat to get where:

Attack speed cons : It can be debuffed.
    Attack speed pro's : faster cc's. missing one skill will matter less.

Crit chance cons: It can be reduced by toughness, resilience, block, parry and evasion (if melee).
    Crit chance pro's: higher damage result. certain skills boost crit damage or activate a buff.
    • faster hits but lower damage vs. high damage possibility but slower.
    • Where can i get the stat? gems, skilltree, stat on armor and setbonus. Compare these stats to each another.
      For example : T3 yellow gem 16 attack speed per slot vs. Crit chance 2.1% chance per slot.
    Doing this will benefit you more as you are working towards your endgame gear.

+ Reply to Thread