+ Reply to Thread

Thread: So is plate trash?

So is plate trash?

Now that some more light has come out on the upcoming changes. Is plate pretty much useless now? 90% of weapons are doing more damage to plate, its getting the damage reduction removed, and its already hard to stack magic defense. It just seems plate has no use anymore.

Yes plate is trash if you want to get trashed by archers.

do not pay attention to him, the plate is still good and if you have a shield an archer or melee, it will not hurt you.
    The problem you will have if you have a very low tier and without gems against an archer or excecutioner with a legendary erenor, you will be split in 1 hit.

@justaguy, so apperently plate is going to be weak against … Clubs, Staffs, Scepters and Axe's.
    Please show me which melee players use these weapons as their main weapon to attack you.

Plate offers soo many defensive bonuses towards physical damage that it is simply too strong. Also in Korea and in NA there's a plate meta where everyone is plate, people all have 40k+ health and some well over 20k pdef. Plate needed to get nerfed towards physical damage. Leather is equal in this aspect, and cloth is getting a slight buff due to it's current ingame effect being reduced/ removed.

Attack Type: - The type of damage done by each weapon type.

Piercing (Stronger vs Plate) - Swords, Spears
    Slashing (Stronger vs Leather) - Dagger, Katana/Nodachi
    Crushing (Stronger vs Plate) - Axes, Clubs, Scepter/Staff
    Not only staff/scepter/club and axe ^^

We don't know how much it changes, so too soon to say "plate is trash"

Quote Originally Posted by Seplon View Post
    @justaguy, so apperently plate is going to be weak against … Clubs, Staffs, Scepters and Axe's.
    Please show me which melee players use these weapons as their main weapon to attack you.

Plate offers soo many defensive bonuses towards physical damage that it is simply too strong. Also in Korea and in NA there's a plate meta where everyone is plate, people all have 40k+ health and some well over 20k pdef. Plate needed to get nerfed towards physical damage. Leather is equal in this aspect, and cloth is getting a slight buff due to it's current ingame effect being reduced/ removed.
    Attack Type: - The type of damage done by each weapon type.

Piercing (Stronger vs Plate) - Swords, Spears
    Slashing (Stronger vs Leather) - Dagger, Katana/Nodachi
    Crushing (Stronger vs Plate) - Axes, Clubs, Scepter/Staff

Please show me where you can't read.

Plate is in a good spot right now, with some weapons losing the armor penetration proc this evens out, also in the future cloth will take 3 percent more damage as well from certain weapon types.

I have actually looking more into Hiram and found a build that is going to be better than Erenor will ever be. So I am happy now.

Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread