+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Basic noob weapon crafting question

Question Basic noob weapon crafting question

Diving into crafting weapons. It seems most people start with dungeon drops, but I'm just learning and experimenting, and need to ramp up my proficiency. Please don't flame me cause I'm dumb - I've googled the crap out of the topic and there are so few resources available on basic weapon crafting, and I hate to blow through tons of gold to end up with crap.

I started by buying a Cloaked Illustrious greatsword. I see at the crafting station the Magnificent crafting requirements. Do I have to leave the Illustrious greatsword I bought cloaked? If I uncloak it, will it be unusable as an ingredient for the magnificent?

If I have to leave it uncloaked, do I just keep working my way up, Ephereium, etc?

I see it can be uncloaked, but must be transmuted back to cloaked in order for it to be an ingredient. Is there any reason to uncloak between steps?

Quote Originally Posted by Ripside View Post
    I see it can be uncloaked, but must be transmuted back to cloaked in order for it to be an ingredient. Is there any reason to uncloak between steps?
    You have to have a minimum grade with the current weapon to be able to use it to craft the next tier. For example if you craft a delphinad it'll probably come out sealed at arcane. You'll have to uncloak it, regrade it to celestial, and reseal it with a transmuter before you can use it as base for crafting an Ayanad.

My recommendation is just to stop now unless you are doing it for some roleplaying/character development purposes. Best find an existing crafter you trust or post your job to the request board. It takes high proficiency for decent gear and it's very expensive to level. Crafted gear may also be on its way out of favor with the new Hiram/dungeon/synthgrind based gear in coming patches for the average player.

I get it now. And yeah, wow it's expensive. Not sure how the average player would ever get very far with weapon crafting at all. The mats needed and the proficiency needed gets insane, fast. People must be doing it though, because I see high tier weapons quite a bit. Makes me. Wonder how much real cash was sunk into raising that level.

Good advice on the crafting board. Appreciate it!

+ Reply to Thread