+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: So.. new trade pack changes, will it kill the game?

Quote Originally Posted by OGPenguin View Post
    won't the luxury runs be around the same value of lets say white ardens fert with the freshness system ,providing if you ran them in safezones excluding the wartime bonus. I am not sure that's why im asking ,thanks
    The luxury runs do seem exceptionally good for safe zone runs. As long as you have a car it's very easy to get them done in under 15 minutes and seem really great for income, some of the best safe runs to ever be in the game. Most of the other stuff doesn't even make sense to do anymore since the luxury areas give such good returns for so little time, they pretty much destroyed the trade system.
    Epic Erenor Scepter - 856 Magic Att, 733 gimped DPS.
    Epic Erenor Katana - 815.3 DPS.
    Epic Erenor Bow - 693 DPS... worse than the gimped weapon even though it's a primary weapon.
    "Balance" . . . This doesn't even take in to account the 978.4 epic erenor nodachi, or 978 mAtt staff.

One of the problems of this game is the fact that it is an unrealistic world. A race of interdimensional frog men that have an ethereal island of pleasure seem to control everything from plants, to animals, and even banking and mail. Resources do not seem to realistically reproduce, meaning the Daru seed and animal merchants are the Monsanto of this world, selling goods that do not produce seed for the next harvest after the initial purchase. Additionally, only the players produce goods it seems, and a lack of players means a lack of goods, and a generally bad experience.

The denizens of this world should be producing their own goods, and they should be offering money for simple transportation of said goods to other lands. Why is it that only players can make and deliver goods, only by their own hands by use of a coin operated machine made by the daru? Why can we not take east specialty packs to the west, where the opposing nation would love a chance to taste apple tarts from falcorth plains, the home of the heretical cat people that are an abomination to nui?

Big Brother Daru is watching.

3.   Click here to go to the next Archeage Team post in this thread.   #33
    ArcheAge Community Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Maladon Zere View Post
    Don't forget that many zones will have absolutely no chance at getting the bonus payment. Packs created in areas like White Arden and Ahnimar (including larders) start at 0% bonus and only have an opportunity to devalue if not delivered fast enough. It's odd because those packs have to be carried farther but get no bonus for timeliness. My question is why would anyone make White Arden packs moving forward if the only way the value of your pack can move is down.
    This is a decent point, however, those packs can't dip as low in value as other packs and take longer to dip. Also, I think they are worth more at a base level. It's potentially for different styles of pack making/running. For example, if you want to, you can stage a BUNCH of packs in the far away zones (Preserved), and move them all at once, taking your time, and waiting for the right time without having to worry about a large level of loss. It seems as though most people wouldn't do this, but I believe that to be the intent.

packs.jpg

Sorry but muzzy most people will focus on the packs within the peace zones over the hostile zones and with a -15% it negates the bonus of doing the preserved packs. safety out ways the potential to make 5 more gold.

5.   This is the last Archeage Team post in this thread.   #35
    ArcheAge Community Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Kravyn View Post
    Sorry but muzzy most people will focus on the packs within the peace zones over the hostile zones and with a -15% it negates the bonus of doing the preserved packs. safety out ways the potential to make 5 more gold.
    I don't doubt that. I was simply expressing what I thought to be the intent behind what the system enables.

Quote Originally Posted by Kravyn View Post
    Umm, i think you also miss a big point in after 120m, your pack does not devalue any further. Which means, you can very well still plan your ahnimar pack runs within Halcy/HS peace times to maximize profits OR stage them elsewhere, and take the 3g loss on your 27g+ pack (oh noo, so horrible..). Some people simply lack the time to make those 15m runs for every pack they have stored away, and will very well find preserved packs the best way to go, when it comes to making a good profit, even with a "low profit" tag on the pack, due to time management. This change makes packs like mine even more worth it, because I enjoy car rides, and now I get a 15-30% bonus for running it right then and there instead of being lazy, when its only a 5m run in the first place.
    Pew
    <The Oracle God>
    ♤Lord of Halcyona♤

Youtube Channel:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuU..._as=subscriber
    Twitter:
    https://twitter.com/xXBigBossCross1?lang=en
    Twitch Stream Channel:
    https://www.twitch.tv/pewsivraj

Quote Originally Posted by Trusivraj View Post
    Umm, i think you also miss a big point in after 120m, your pack does not devalue any further. Which means, you can very well still plan your ahnimar pack runs within Halcy/HS peace times to maximize profits OR stage them elsewhere, and take the 3g loss on your 27g+ pack (oh noo, so horrible..). Some people simply lack the time to make those 15m runs for every pack they have stored away, and will very well find preserved packs the best way to go, when it comes to making a good profit, even with a "low profit" tag on the pack, due to time management. This change makes packs like mine even more worth it, because I enjoy car rides, and now I get a 15-30% bonus for running it right then and there instead of being lazy, when its only a 5m run in the first place.
    This is simply not true. Ahnimar packs at the -15% now make only a little bit more than the 30% zone runs.

Ahnimar to Solzreed makes 29.89g for honey at -15% (130% turn in), needs 2 zones in peace, and takes a huge amount of time.

Two Crowns to Cinder only needs 1 zone in peace takes barely any time at all and grosses over 27g. 26.6g from cinder back to TC.

No one should stage packs ever anymore. It's the same on the east, Villanelle is crazy OP compared to almost every other safe run now. This change completely breaks the whole ideas behind trade being more profitable the more effort and risk you take. If the intent was to balance out long runs vs short runs so that staging was for long runs and speed running was for short they are WAY off the mark. All this change does is make the 30% zones vastly better than everything else.
    Epic Erenor Bow - 693 DPS... worse than the gimped weapon even though it's a primary weapon.
    "Balance" . . . This doesn't even take in to account the 978.4 epic erenor nodachi, or 978 mAtt staff.

In my opinion just bring back the old trade system like it was before 3.0 and a lot of people will happy !

Quote Originally Posted by Nirrti View Post
    In my opinion just bring back the old trade system like it was before 3.0 and a lot of people will happy !
    Especially the free farmers, who got to where they did with significant help from that broken system.

Is it even possible to move packs from Hasla to Solis or Ahnimar to Solzreed under 15mins even in a car?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast