+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: So.. new trade pack changes, will it kill the game?

Quote Originally Posted by bobwinner View Post
    Sadly, that's what AA's business model as always been, since day 1.
    Everytime the player base gets close to achieving best gear, they nerf it and boost something else, so that these players restart over again and again.
    That is in essence the way the game is being played, and how we are being played. I'm sure players are getting tired of this, right?
    “Raise your words, not voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder.”
    - Jalaluddin Rumi

Quote Originally Posted by Commanderlee View Post
    That is in essence the way the game is being played, and how we are being played. I'm sure players are getting tired of this, right?
    Well, there are less and less players. While a few servers are still healthy, some others are again needing merges.

Well Conviction has been pretty dead recently. Alot of people transferring off. So I took down a 24x in halcy not too long ago in the back and its still empty. Many have already quit, so with the way things are going. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they do another merge. Lots of servers are dying as well. Only a few are still filled with people.

This is why I'm upset they are removing the xp stones from the crates and placing them in the cash shop. I was very hopeful that hiram gear would lessen the gear gap and maybe breath some life back into the servers but no, Trion has to put that xp behind a pay wall, I just do not get it.

you can get it from mob drops also

Quote Originally Posted by Commanderlee View Post
    I don't mind that, it's just how rpgs work. infinite growth project of your character.

what I mind is not getting any story/quest content. just took a peek at some 5.0 videos, and the new areas seem to once again be completely devoid of any actual content. just more random generated terrain with rng sprinkled generic mobs. I don't see why anyone would go there, just like every other auroria map. it's gonna be just another empty zone with nothing to do but grinding mobs. there's no actual game.

I mean imagine if a new rpg was launched, and it was auroria alone. vast empty rng terrain with rng sprinkled mobs. would you play it? highly doubt it. it would die faster than bless. yet that's exactly what we've got after the sub 50 leveling maps. a big fat nothing.

and THAT'S what's threatening archeage. not any tweaks in packs or skill balances, not alts, not whales quitting or whales ganking or your gear going obsolete.

Yea, I know they will also drop from mobs but why remove them from crates if that is the way it is in Korea?

Quote Originally Posted by Grammer View Post
    Yea, I know they will also drop from mobs but why remove them from crates if that is the way it is in Korea?
    I'd imagine they changed it because it threatens the established whales and would risk the company losing their income if their rivals could easily rank up such formidable gear. Koreans don't think like americans do, so I wouldn't put it past Trion to request this change and then lie and say that XLgames chose to change it. Why would they change something so minor yet intrinsically linked to the disparate power levels of people with money?

Yes, the changes will probably kill the game.

The major problem of the game is the gear gap and the fact that PNs end up free farming the server without any hope of the regular player taking part in meaningful content. We need NEW players if the game is to be sustained, and nerfing the ability of the regular player to make gold is directly anti-thetical to that.

These changes will nerf the few ways regular players have to make any kind of gold into the ground, while letting the freefarming PNs hold onto their sources of wealth and charcoal (auroria packs, DGS) and giving them some tasty new ones (war time pack bonus). The rich get richer, the regular player hasn't got a chance of making anything like the gold they're used to making even, the gear gap increases, free farming becomes even more entrenched.

The changes will kill larders, the changes will kill the trade system, which won't have enough packs to generate cargo. Charcoal will only come from DGS. Prices on everything will be up and people's ability to generate gold outside of a PN will be at an all time low.

Nobody enjoys getting less for the same or greater amounts of effort. Nobody enjoys having their land made useless. Nobody enjoys things being made more difficult for them for no gain. More and more people will quit. Maybe XL/Trion's visions for the game is PNs fighting PNs with no regular faction players left, but once these PNs defeat each other, one side tends to either fall apart and/or flee to another server. It's not sustainable and there's players quitting every time they clash with zero new players joining.

Trion, you had the ability to stop these game killing changes making their way into our version, but you're continuing to just sit in your deckchairs on the titanic.

won't the luxury runs be around the same value of lets say white ardens fert with the freshness system ,providing if you ran them in safezones excluding the wartime bonus. I am not sure that's why im asking ,thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast