+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Player nation are controlling the price of apex

Player nation are controlling the price of apex

The design of player nation is very unhealthy for AA . Events that reward tons of gold are controlled by top 100 geared players all in 1 nation to free farm every server. New players and even veterans that dont want to join player nation stand no chance vs player nation zerg of highest geared player in every server. XL doesnt know how to fix this problem and we have less and less players with every patch that instead of focusing player nation that is destroying this game what xl does is destroying what left of AA like commerce, fishing, larceny and now sunken ship. Is it so hard to put a cap to every player nation of 25 player? AA population is low so we cant fight a zergo of +40 geared player all together to free farm every server. Some good games are coming and XL is unable to fix even the most basic problems in this game. I really hope they fix these problems after years of incompetence or this game wont survive Ashes of creation release.

Quote Originally Posted by zunzun View Post
    Player nation are controlling the price of apex

lol
    220% LOOT DROP RATE POTS PLS
    DOUBLE LOOT DOUBLE HIRAM DROP EVENT BEFORE MERGES PLS

I would say that the healthy of the game with his player population and available ways to gearup control the APEX price more.
    Bound Gear what u have to grind by killing million of monsters wont need much gold to get.
    A few buffs to deal more dmg and a bunch of mana potions did not cost much gold,
    also those synthesis work to level up the Gear is pocketmoney in gold.
    So there is no need to spend much gold = less need to buy APEX for cash to get gold in selling those.
    Missing Game-Content let player leave the game !!!
    Those kind of player who buy APEX for cash to get her gear fast into shop for gold....
    every pre-school will understand that logic....but............
    Player did her best in here and wont longer eat the same...
    Other moms cook good dinner to !!!
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. [attributed to Albert Einstein]

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdayz View Post
    Other moms cook good dinner to !!!
    I agree. My mom cooks the best dinner. Bacon mac and cheese with a nice crispy crust, mmmm. Wait, is this off topic? Ahem.

The real problem here is XLgames. They had no idea how to control their own economy in the first place, and the one they designed invariably destroyed their own game. I speak of regrading of course, and risk versus reward driving people away when they lose their item that costed them hundreds of dollars. The downside to that is a shrinking player base, and the higher geared players cowing the lower geared players like a herd of sheeple. Trade packs produced way too much gold if you compared it to the amount you get from quests and enemies. Literally, you get a dollar for killing 100 mobs in karkasse after 30 minutes(if you're sufficiently geared, that is), meanwhile the guy that makes a fruit log and rides his donkey to a town gets 10 dollars in 12 minutes. Even at the start of the game you're given an illusion as to how precious 1 gold is. Each kill gives you a whopping 2 copper, and the quests are a handful of silver. XLgames devalued their own currency by overloading the higher end community with waves of gold, allowing them to "regrade up a storm", causing inflation for goods as that material is immediately destroyed. Gold rewards(abyssal, fishing, sunkens, cargo, everything you put on your back and have to deliver) should be cut back by half or three quarters, to give higher value to gold. That will drop the price of apex, limit regrades, and put a higher amount of materials back into the marketplace - because eventually they will run out of gold trying to get that eternal foresail.

I believe what would help, is if they made APEX, just like any other good, and tax it accordingly. You have people manipulating the prices, by buying (their own) APEX for 70,000 - 150,000 or so, making the averages look higher, then buying the APEX up and reselling it. If you made them pay the same % as any other good, it may stop some of it. Whenever the APEX jumps for average and in listings, I see this behavior. I get by either way, but newer people will probably be pushed away and others quit, that don't have things in place to combat the price increases.

didnt like a bunch of people transfer recently to and from kraken recently? i sure that use up a bunch of apex. and more people dont want to spend money on a dying game so less supply

Quote Originally Posted by Triosta View Post
    I agree. My mom cooks the best dinner. Bacon mac and cheese with a nice crispy crust, mmmm. Wait, is this off topic? Ahem.

The real problem here is XLgames. They had no idea how to control their own economy in the first place, and the one they designed invariably destroyed their own game. I speak of regrading of course, and risk versus reward driving people away when they lose their item that costed them hundreds of dollars. The downside to that is a shrinking player base, and the higher geared players cowing the lower geared players like a herd of sheeple. Trade packs produced way too much gold if you compared it to the amount you get from quests and enemies. Literally, you get a dollar for killing 100 mobs in karkasse after 30 minutes(if you're sufficiently geared, that is), meanwhile the guy that makes a fruit log and rides his donkey to a town gets 10 dollars in 12 minutes. Even at the start of the game you're given an illusion as to how precious 1 gold is. Each kill gives you a whopping 2 copper, and the quests are a handful of silver. XLgames devalued their own currency by overloading the higher end community with waves of gold, allowing them to "regrade up a storm", causing inflation for goods as that material is immediately destroyed. Gold rewards(abyssal, fishing, sunkens, cargo, everything you put on your back and have to deliver) should be cut back by half or three quarters, to give higher value to gold. That will drop the price of apex, limit regrades, and put a higher amount of materials back into the marketplace - because eventually they will run out of gold trying to get that eternal foresail.
    The problem is XLgames doesn't develop its game for alts.
    They imply that servers have healthy population, and reasonably low amount of alts if any.
    If the server population is getting low, they do merges.

Trion not only encourage us using alts, but also creates additional problem with cross-region alts that make economy even worse and occupy housing provinces. And they don't see any issue with population of the servers.

XLgames is not the best game developer in the world, but I think you're blaming a wrong company here.
    ArcheAge looks and feel fairly well in other regions.

Quote Originally Posted by Horseradish View Post
    The problem is XLgames doesn't develop its game for alts.
    They imply that servers have healthy population, and reasonably low amount of alts if any.
    If the server population is getting low, they do merges.

Trion not only encourage us using alts, but also creates additional problem with cross-region alts that make economy even worse and occupy housing provinces. And they don't see any issue with population of the servers.

XLgames is not the best game developer in the world, but I think you're blaming a wrong company here.
    ArcheAge looks and feel fairly well in other regions.
    I think this is a good assessment. This game is NOT developed with alts in mind. Our events for NA/EU, however, are balanced for alts (hence the pitiful rewards anymore). Kr does not have the alt issue because of the way accounts work (government ID's), yet we can make as many email accounts as we wish for unlimited alts (however many instances your computer can support).

It is discouraging to see 1 person running 8 accounts at a time for trade runs, cargo, abyssal, labor mules, etc.. Most of the alts you see are patron through Apex (not all), and with the exodus of many players (along with AH flippers not getting properly taxed) a higher percentage of the Apex is going to alts rather than main accounts because of supply and demand. The biggest selling point that the private server had? No Alts!

This is one of the best mmorpg's ever made with a ton of stuff to do, but each patch that they 'rebalance' (armor, weapons, trade) they are basically just putting band-aids on core problems (Hiram gear anyone?) instead of addressing the underlying issue. Regrading was a total mistake to introduce into the game after launch, although I can see how it makes mass profit for the companies.

A real balance pass would be diminishing returns on weapons/armor so that there is no massive gear gap and people are able to advance to end game activities in a reasonable time frame without getting 2-3 shot for more than 6 months. There would still be those 'Hardcore' players who want every bit of advantage they can get and still pursue the highest tiers and grades, but they will not be as OP and gear carried if the game was properly balanced.

Wink

I like to know where XL Games learned economics. Did they learn economics from the communist party? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Enyo View Post
    I think this is a good assessment. This game is NOT developed with alts in mind. Our events for NA/EU, however, are balanced for alts (hence the pitiful rewards anymore). Kr does not have the alt issue because of the way accounts work (government ID's), yet we can make as many email accounts as we wish for unlimited alts (however many instances your computer can support).

It is discouraging to see 1 person running 8 accounts at a time for trade runs, cargo, abyssal, labor mules, etc.. Most of the alts you see are patron through Apex (not all), and with the exodus of many players (along with AH flippers not getting properly taxed) a higher percentage of the Apex is going to alts rather than main accounts because of supply and demand. The biggest selling point that the private server had? No Alts!

This is one of the best mmorpg's ever made with a ton of stuff to do, but each patch that they 'rebalance' (armor, weapons, trade) they are basically just putting band-aids on core problems (Hiram gear anyone?) instead of addressing the underlying issue. Regrading was a total mistake to introduce into the game after launch, although I can see how it makes mass profit for the companies.

A real balance pass would be diminishing returns on weapons/armor so that there is no massive gear gap and people are able to advance to end game activities in a reasonable time frame without getting 2-3 shot for more than 6 months. There would still be those 'Hardcore' players who want every bit of advantage they can get and still pursue the highest tiers and grades, but they will not be as OP and gear carried if the game was properly balanced.
    kr is not as p2w as na or quite frankily its cheaper to p2w on kr than na

without alts the game would have died 2 years ago, as people would not have been able to keep up with whales
    alot of ways to make money in this game is straight up terrible without alts to spread the burden around

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast