+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Since XL didn't release new races in 5.0, perhaps it should be called 4.99?

Since XL didn't release new races in 5.0, perhaps it should be called 4.99?

And with Ancestral Levels up to 34, if we ever get the two new races, it would really be a marathon race to bum-rush 89 levels.

Maybe there would be a RNG loot box that drops an immediate 580 million XP pot that brings you instantly to Ancestral level 34!

That may or may not happen, right? Right?

or maybe XL/ Trion could finally care about their player base and implement racial changes! eh eh?

Quote Originally Posted by THUNDAHAWK FAN BASE View Post
    or maybe XL/ Trion could finally care about their player base and implement racial changes! eh eh?
    here is your answer :

Quote Originally Posted by Celestrata Bloodsong View Post
    There are no plans to offer race changes at this time, and I believe as others have pointed out here, XL also has expressed that they are not working on a race change service.

they need to implement nation changes... so the that players can change from east and west... make it a credit system and just use the nation system thats already in place. easy money for trion/xl and players can finally leave their dead nations to fight against player nations
    hmm..

They can't because of all the complex character flags. You'd be able to keep hopping nations and build up a stockpile of story quest items, or shed all of your infamy and etc. There's no way for everything to be cross checked without coding a brand new behemoth just for that purpose. There's also no way for item chests to be checked in this way that i remember hearing. You'd need to shed all of your land properties and have all of your items in your inventory at the same time just to be fully scanned to make sure it all pans out and all of your items and tags can be swapped to the desired nation. It would be a nightmare to request such a thing to a veteran that probably has 20 chests brimming with stuff.

They could go for another route, to delete your character and allow you to rebuild it from the ground up with your land properties and inventories intact, but the game copies your titles, stats, achievements, xp, skills and then pastes it onto the new character. This can cause problems though, as the game Dungeons and Dragons Online occasionally loses characters if they disconnect at the moment the server applies the characters parameters to the new level 1. They're forced to start over, because the game doesnt keep backup character files or records it and the staff are too underfunded to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Triosta View Post
    They can't because of all the complex character flags. You'd be able to keep hopping nations and build up a stockpile of story quest items, or shed all of your infamy and etc. There's no way for everything to be cross checked without coding a brand new behemoth just for that purpose. There's also no way for item chests to be checked in this way that i remember hearing. You'd need to shed all of your land properties and have all of your items in your inventory at the same time just to be fully scanned to make sure it all pans out and all of your items and tags can be swapped to the desired nation. It would be a nightmare to request such a thing to a veteran that probably has 20 chests brimming with stuff.

They could go for another route, to delete your character and allow you to rebuild it from the ground up with your land properties and inventories intact, but the game copies your titles, stats, achievements, xp, skills and then pastes it onto the new character. This can cause problems though, as the game Dungeons and Dragons Online occasionally loses characters if they disconnect at the moment the server applies the characters parameters to the new level 1. They're forced to start over, because the game doesnt keep backup character files or records it and the staff are too underfunded to do so.
    overcomplicating something obvious, just make a bound storage between characters on your account that lets you trade ur ship components, obsidian, hiram, etc. quest items shouldn't be allowed to transfer

Quote Originally Posted by THUNDAHAWK FAN BASE View Post
    overcomplicating something obvious, just make a bound storage between characters on your account that lets you trade ur ship components, obsidian, hiram, etc. quest items shouldn't be allowed to transfer
    ^This.. If they are worried about gilda, Blue ribbon coins and other such things being traded, then just make them into a resource like Honor and Vocation badges.

What they should do is make bound gear account-bound not character bound that way people can get the new race level up and then send their gear over. Like Thunderhawk said though not necessary via chest

Yes, it is a simple fix.... but this complication is a knee-jerk response and it says "we dont want to, here is why. we could figure out a better way but we're busy."

Wait a minute. I think this conversation got hijacked by Race Changes Hijinks.

I am more concerned about actually getting new races to play with.

Would we really get Fairies? Would they be censored?

Would we really get the undead Returned? Would I be awkwardly aroused due to my closet necrophiliac tendencies?

I don't want to wait until Time Will Tell. I have the patience of an average gamer in 2018. Which is no patience, whatsoever.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast