+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: Let's talk about crates in the upcomming update

Let's talk about crates in the upcomming update

In the livestream last week it was mentioned, that crates now drop some sort of XP-Potions and Companion's Growthstones.

This change is an impudence to every single player, since your char and every mount, pet and what ever, will reach max. level at some point and you keep getting an item of no worth.

Even with the latest update in Korea in mind, you will reach max. level pretty fast and easy (people were max. level in korea after the first day of the latest update), so why do we get such a change instead of something that might be worth to farm for?

Even for new people starting, an item worth something would be way better than just some XP, which will be useles on the long run in every terms.

From my point of view there has be a change to this, since there is no valid reason to get this change.

It doesn't have to be the same like it is in Korea with the Hiram XP-stones, but something useful would be highly appreciated.

The regular lunarite gets a boost with the new changes to Lunafrosts and you exchange it for something, mostly useles, with the new XP-Potions. It simply makes no sense.

-Cheers

More Xp?!

for what we need more xp? a char with patron is under one week lvl50+ just for burning labor... and you earn soooo much xp for everything so leveling up to lvl 55 is no problem(there are enought player wo did this). When i think back at the Ancestral release with the new areas the mobs give so much xp so that everyone was lvl 7 at the first evening(.... O.O...wait.... it needed longer time but just because we lost all ancestral lvl when we died in arena). And if they increase the ancestral lvls, it was already told that the amount for xp needed wont be all in all bigger then from 55-> Ancestral 7. So in my opinion no sense for this xp-potions...
    greetings
    Jakejay
    <Night Shift>

R.I.P. Anthalon - Retribution - Nuian

3.   This is the last Archeage Team post in this thread.   #3
    ArcheAge Community Manager
    This crate decision was something we pushed back on pretty hard, but XL made the decision to move forward with these changes.

Thank you for pushing back, please let XL know in your next report that the players agree with Trion, and do not want these changes either.

Honestly, like the OP mentioned, if somehow Hiram XP isn't something NA/EU can have (in which case, it would probably be helpful to know why?), we would want just about anything other than those character XP potions. In this case even a vendor trash item (like the braziers/trees arguably were) would be better...than character XP stones. (To a lesser extent, the Companion's Growthstones as well. I'd rather buy Companion's Crusts or get those Growthstones from another source than kill the larceny profession.)

Also...if people stop opening crates because of those character + pet XP stones, MGP is going to go up in price, the new luna system is probably going to have some or a lot of supply issues, etc.... I'm not trying to start a panic, I'm just saying that, unlike with just throwing away coinpurses, there might be some implications if people suddenly start just trashing their crates too.

To be honest Muzzy, it feels like XL doen't care about EU/NA at all.
    Changes like this and the feedback from the community and Trion getting irgnored just strengthens this feeling.

Like i said, there is no solid reason and no need for those XP-Potion, only if they want to klill larceny (again).
    I hope Trion pushes again for a change on this subject because this change is simply ridiculous and nonsense without any reasoning.

Like Lukealex said, even vendor trash would be more appreciated, so i hope Trion can convince XL that there has to be something else in the crates than those XP-Potions.

Quote Originally Posted by Muzzy View Post
    This crate decision was something we pushed back on pretty hard, but XL made the decision to move forward with these changes.
    ok, i thougth what the hell is trino doing there!? but well... lets hope that you can change it or we have a big drama again(like everytime^^)... idk how you can affect their decision but if they dont want to remove the potions, it could be a way that player are able to sell them at trader for a little bit gold, so xl has their potions for the big low lvl playerbase! and all others dont need to throw them away
    greetings
    Jakejay
    <Night Shift>

R.I.P. Anthalon - Retribution - Nuian

I already have over 1k Adventurer's growthstone in my warehouse and 6 Ancient memory collecting dust, probably gonna be enough to max the new ancestral level so more XP is useless.

I wish they're just put those back as dungeon rewards, gave people more reason to do them than now. I used to have fun leveling other peoples pets with the many companion growthstones I got from dungeons but now my supply is very limited so can hardly do it anymore just another simple pleasure I had XL killed.

Are these the metallic crates being referred to? Or is this the prince's/ancestral crates? I've got about 500 prince crates in inventory and I am trying to figure out whether to open them before or after the patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Axelheim View Post
    Are these the metallic crates being referred to? Or is this the prince's/ancestral crates? I've got about 500 prince crates in inventory and I am trying to figure out whether to open them before or after the patch.
    They are talking about the princes/ancestral ones. The metallic ones will be shown on the live stream this coming Friday.
    Epic Erenor Scepter - 856 Magic Att, 733 gimped DPS.
    Epic Erenor Katana - 815.3 DPS.
    Epic Erenor Bow - 693 DPS... worse than the gimped weapon even though it's a primary weapon.
    "Balance" . . . This doesn't even take in to account the 978.4 epic erenor nodachi, or 978 mAtt staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Muzzy View Post
    They should just remove them from the game if they are going to just put useless trash in them. Save me the trouble of removing them from my inventory myself. Why the would I open a crate like that? You want me to spend how much labor for it?

No one needs this.
    formally: Ray > Valume, Kraken
    Qube: Reckoning, Kyrios, Kraken

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast