+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Crystallized Gear and Tempers

Crystallized Gear and Tempers

From what I can tell there is a new temper system being introduced into the game at some point. I have a few questions about this.

1. Will the temper % stay in all our old gear and we can work up from there or will all be reset?

2. Will we be able to temper crystallized gear with the new system? (I have read that we can't)

3. We were told that if we yolo'd our ayanad and other crafted gear that we wouldn't lose functionality as it would only crystallized and we could use it like any other gear but it would be stuck at the existing grade. Will there be any fix if in question 1 the tempers are reset & the new system wont work on crystallized gear as in question 2?

I don't mind change but if we are getting something as major as losing 18% off of our gear that's crystallized then I would want to know as soon as possible to start planning.

Thank You.

Probably should stay out of this since I do not actually KNOW.

But I would imagine ALL current gear will be converted to the new system AS IS?

So therefore, a 118% item would start as a +18 Ayanad Sword of Swingyswing or whatever.

Hopefully then, a +118% Katana of Knoodling will simply be +18 Katana

Another question on the same topic, what happens if you have 115%dps and 117%magic -

Last comment, I think they said they are addressing these items on this Friday livestream.

1. The temper % should stay - apparently there will be an item though to convert your temper from 118% or whatever to +18 or whatever. I'm not sure how the tempers with two %s will convert. Possibly highest or maybe an average, probably not the lowest would be my bet. But without knowing, I could be totally off and it's like some fraction or 0 or something.

2 and 3. Not really sure...too soon for me to want to speculate. I've also heard that failing to temper successfully on like +19 and +20 could cause your gear to crystallize, or something like that. This obviously also causes several other glaring issues, so...too soon for me to want to speculate.

I would think the safest bet would be to play the odds and temper your gear as high as you can with the old system, unless you think the new system will make tempering easier/cheaper/both, or think that old tempers/converting old tempers to new will reset to 0. - Ehh. I guess technically the safest bet would be to do nothing...a lot of people got burned with the old lunagems recently...but if you want to do something, playing the odds would probably be it. At least go for 110%+ I would guess.

The new Tempers system.
    There is some confusion here, some believe others have heard something ect
    here info with viedeo.

Crystallized items can not be tempered.
    All values ​​of old temper will be preserved.

+ Temper is max +30 which gives + 25% to the items.

Temper gives from +1 to +20 = 1%.
    From +20, the plus gives only = 0.5%.

Temper works from +1 to +10 with 100% success chance
    After + 10 the + chance is reduced as with regrade.

The higher the + the less% chance.

Temper costs gold and ap.

Temper prisms can break down in white ore in new territory.

Old temper prisms are broken down into new ones.

Temper has amulets which increase the + chance.
    (In Korea In the shop)

Temper gives it normal +1 and you can also craft +2.

To better understand this, Viedo looksthe video and explains everything by itself.
    So just look and understand.

Video is from ru player that tested in korea so who does not speak Russian can just mute sound and watch.

Source: FoxCrooK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zn2wtPMnoVA

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...8RXQpGXQU/edit
    ArcheAge Status : Active since 16.09.2014
    Profile : Farmer/Trader/Land Baron/Crafter
    Server : EU Eanna (Server-1)
    Race : Nuia
    Class : 4.5 Hellweaver / 5.0 Darkrunner
    Nick : Vario

Quote Originally Posted by Land View Post
    From what I can tell there is a new temper system being introduced into the game at some point. I have a few questions about this.

1. Will the temper % stay in all our old gear and we can work up from there or will all be reset?

2. Will we be able to temper crystallized gear with the new system? (I have read that we can't)

3. We were told that if we yolo'd our ayanad and other crafted gear that we wouldn't lose functionality as it would only crystallized and we could use it like any other gear but it would be stuck at the existing grade. Will there be any fix if in question 1 the tempers are reset & the new system wont work on crystallized gear as in question 2?

I don't mind change but if we are getting something as major as losing 18% off of our gear that's crystallized then I would want to know as soon as possible to start planning.

Thank You.
    Crystalized items cant be tempered. All current legacy ayanad items that are crystalized become useless with this patch.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanA View Post
    Crystalized items cant be tempered. All current legacy ayanad items that are crystalized become useless with this patch.
    Most weapons already have a tempering when they are crystallized. Do not cry for something that has no relevance. Any normal person does a tempering when it is NOT crystallized.
    I bought a crystallized weapon with 118% and the fact that I can not give it a +20 does not make me blow my head with a shot.
    I bought it crystallized because it was just cheap.
    They can do it +20 and then give it the crystallize it perfectly

Quote Originally Posted by Argentto View Post
    Most weapons already have a tempering when they are crystallized. Do not cry for something that has no relevance. Any normal person does a tempering when it is NOT crystallized.
    I bought a crystallized weapon with 118% and the fact that I can not give it a +20 does not make me blow my head with a shot.
    I bought it crystallized because it was just cheap.
    They can do it +20 and then give it the crystallize it perfectly
    +30 is new max. Who wants a +18 mythic ayanad when it's a lot worse than mob drop gear?

Epic hiram +30 scepter = 1020 matk.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanA View Post
    +30 is new max. Who wants a +18 mythic ayanad when it's a lot worse than mob drop gear?

Epic hiram +30 scepter = 1020 matk.
    now it turns out that you throw away a myth ayanad weapon for 10 points. I assure you that when you want to farm that epic hiriam you will return running through the ayanad +18 and above it will be at a free price.

That only applies to weapons that were crystallized before the pre-patch and according to what they said were +20 and weapons with 118% would give them +20

I could see this change effecting the order of advancing items. You would want to get the temper on an item before yoloing it to crystalization.

Quote Originally Posted by Argentto View Post
    now it turns out that you throw away a myth ayanad weapon for 10 points. I assure you that when you want to farm that epic hiriam you will return running through the ayanad +18 and above it will be at a free price.

That only applies to weapons that were crystallized before the pre-patch and according to what they said were +20 and weapons with 118% would give them +20
    koreans had 1/2 epic hiram weapons per character on their FS day 1 of the patch. Guess what absolutely not a single person has in KR FS? Ayanad weapons.

And no, you cannot temper ANY damaged gear after the patch.

Not to mention not only does the Epic hiram scepter have the same matk as an eternal ayanad scepter, but it also has 17.3% crit damage and 6.1% crit rate.

Ayanad is 100% garbage.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast