+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Returning player, inquiries

Question Returning player, inquiries

Greetings,

Just reactivated patron. Have not played since launch. I will be starting fresh (likely Thunderwing as everywhere I read it suggests as best NA server...)

Wanted to know if housing is still an issue with no land available? Back at launch there was a massive land grab that prevented many from being able to establish in game housing. Just curious if the issue persists into the modern day.

Any other info / advice for a returning player from launch I would be very appreciative of.

Thank you

Welcome back!

Thunderwing is the most populated Legacy server (I think) so land maybe tougher than other servers, but there is a lot more of it and it has somewhat of a dimensioned usefullness so buying a plot wont' be what it was when you left.

Hiram Gear I have a feeling is going to be the new thing, I could be wrong here, but the amount of effort XL has put into it and making it compettitive even at the top levels means you're coming back at the right time as you can work on it as you go.

Welcome back once again, hope you enjoy your time and if you have any questions many of us are around to help.

Be Well!

I think aired is right about Hiram gear. The only thing better is erenor which is unattainable for most.

Hiram is good because you can use it as you level it and it will eventually surpass mythic ayanad.

Also, dungeon gear can be good for returning players

Land is less important economically than it was in the early days of the game, and since there will be little incentive to store packs in the future, you won't be needing land for that. It's still needed for growing things, should you want to do farming. And of course, for having a house just because you want to.
    Claw to earth, blood to water, fang to wind, heart to Tahyang.

Mulberry ~ <Archangels> ~ Conviction East
    Moonstone ~ <Odyssey> ~ Conviction West
    Snowberry ~ Cinnabar ~ <Sakura> ~ Conviction East

Quote Originally Posted by Skoda Zek View Post
    Greetings,

Just reactivated patron. Have not played since launch. I will be starting fresh (likely Thunderwing as everywhere I read it suggests as best NA server...)

Wanted to know if housing is still an issue with no land available? Back at launch there was a massive land grab that prevented many from being able to establish in game housing. Just curious if the issue persists into the modern day.

Any other info / advice for a returning player from launch I would be very appreciative of.

Thank you
    I would suggest to wait for 5.0, where all the blocked land for tradepack storage will be most likely removed, since packs will lose value over time

Quote Originally Posted by bobwinner View Post
    I would suggest to wait for 5.0, where all the blocked land for tradepack storage will be most likely removed, since packs will lose value over time
    5.0 just launched in Korea, so we won't see it for another 4 to 6 months. That doesn't seem practical. Plus, the timers are coming in an earlier patch anyhow.
    Claw to earth, blood to water, fang to wind, heart to Tahyang.

Mulberry ~ <Archangels> ~ Conviction East
    Moonstone ~ <Odyssey> ~ Conviction West
    Snowberry ~ Cinnabar ~ <Sakura> ~ Conviction East

+ Reply to Thread