+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New/Returning Player, need class/build advice.

Question New/Returning Player, need class/build advice.

Hey folks,

Have not played since launch (way back). Decided to reactivate patron and give the game another go from scratch.

I have no idea how to identify/choose a build. I generally like Dark/Death Knight archetypes. Basically Plate/Heaviest Armor, Tank/DPS Hybrid type with a Dark Magic/Death Magic type spin. But I am open to any Heavy/Plate armor type build that has end game value in 2018.

Thanks so much in advance for any suggestions offered.

Doomlord. Battlerage occultism defense.. decent damage with BR combos well with occult, and has loads of selfsustain

Awesome thanks, thats what ill go with.

Know of a modern decent Doomlord build I can work towards as I level?

I'll pm u my build as well as a few others once I get off work.

Fantastic, thank you very much!

So I go for a little bit more offensive build (much more similar to Ferret's 2nd build)

http://archeage.mmodex.com/skill-cal...deghpq4aefhjkl

A few explanations behind a few of my choices:

Shadowstep -> Impale -> Tigerstrike - Instant trip+damage <- this is a good go-to opener
    Crows -> Good for either the snare combo with Charge or revealing pesky stealthers
    Absorb Lifeforce -> arguable point here but useful for stunning annoying kiters and getting a bit of health back
    Deflect and Retaliate -> I really like it - both for farming and when it procs in small scale PvP it's a gamechanger to have your cooldowns back up

As a Doomlord you pretty much have to pick Impale. It's a very strong CC and I'd argue one of the major points of getting occultism. If you get Impale you also want Inevitability (Occ passive) to ensure it doesn't miss as you like won't have enough magic acc to ensure that otherwise.

I don't really count on block as my build isn't really based around it and it's a bit nerfed unless you stack it anyway.

If I was going to drop a point it would be Absorb Lifeforce for either Frenzy (great for pve farming) or Bondbreaker if I'm facing a lot of archers that like to snare.

I tried building the second build off of what I thought your build was from when we dueled awhile back. xD

+ Reply to Thread