+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: is t8 obsidian even coming?

is t8 obsidian even coming?

i heard people saying t8 is bound to come but i have doubts about that since they are pushing hiram and trying to distance themselves from obby....idk though

Yes it's coming, be patient.
    First, the hiram boost, and when everyone will have their maxxed T3 hiram, then xlgames will release the T8 obsidian, while nerfing hiram, so that players switch to obsidian again.
    And once players get maxxed obsidian, xlgames will nerf it and boost erenor, so that players switch to erenor again.
    And once players get maxxed erenor, xlgames will nerf it and boost hiram again.
    And... you get the idea, xlgames makes sure players never achieve "end game" and keep dumping $ into the game.

Short answer - no.

Long answer - XL is currently focusing 100% of their updates on their Fresh Start server as that is their cash cow and holds 90% of their playerbase, amounting for most of the revenue that they make. As of right now, they see Obsidian gear as unhealthy for their Fresh Start, so they have no plans on releasing it for that server. Because of this, Obsidian is being ignored within their updates, as the updates basically entirely revolve around FS, as opposed to Legacy. Tier 8 is likely to come at some point in the future, but this is purely speculation, and my guess at this point is as good as anyone else's on when exactly it will be released. About a year ago, XL did say that they have no intentions of releasing Tier 8 until after December 2018 (They said that in their plans which go up to December 2018, they had no plans on releasing it), but it has been a while and plans are subject to change.

So, in the near future, it's a resounding no, but in the mid to far future, who knows?
    Owner and Writer at Omnom.gg

Omnom Social Media Links
    #1 Player Who Doesn't Play

About 2 years ago I said that I think they're moving away from obsidian based on the design of erenor. So far everything they have done since then has confirmed my conclusion. I really doubt they are going to make T8 obsidian. Hiram and erenor are your better options. Awoken dungeon gear might also be relevant.

That said, I could see them changing their plan based on player acceptance of Hiram. I think they expected more people to push for erenor. It's just really hard to migrate from current meta gear into erenor. That's probably why they made hiram.

Obsidian is bad for the game because it encourages yoloing and quitting.

I dont think if Obsidian T8 coming out.

The question is why...???

Well , i give a short answer .

U can see in Korea Client the Hiram Gear at : Legendary, Mythic, Eternal. ( it's darkened so not yet released )

Thet means (i think so) Hiram - T1 Celest, T2 Divine, T3 Epic.
    And later in future Hiram - T4 Legendery, T5 Mythic, T6 Eternal.

So the Playerbase have endgame Content with Synthese and new Temper also + with Hiram & Eternal Gear = Cash-Shop ~ $.

What XL try to do is to get perfekt Gear (Hiram) without Hardcore P2W like Craft Eternal way and not the terrible RNG like Obsidian or Ayanad.

The Future is Hiram and Eternal.

Btw Hiram Gear is max Temper +20 , Eternal max Temper is +30.
    With this System can XL always nerf a Hiram to keep Eternal for best Gear in Game.

here is the Scren with Hiram on Eternal in Korea Client, the same is on Legend and Mythic.

--> http://www.directupload.net/file/d/5...wmqtp8_jpg.htm
    ArcheAge Status : Active since 16.09.2014
    Profile : Farmer/Trader/Land Baron/Crafter
    Server : EU Taris
    Race : Nuia
    Class : 5.0 Darkrunner
    Nick : Vario

My current thought, I think T8 will come
    Leason : Because it exists in the database

http://archeagecodex.com/kr/recipe/7035/?sl=1
    http://archeagecodex.com/jp/recipe/7035/

But with the advent of hiram it is no exaggeration to say obsidian is a de facto failure xD
    <Valar Morghulis>
    Sirochan

Quote Originally Posted by Vario View Post
    I dont think if Obsidian T8 coming out.

The question is why...???

Well , i give a short answer .

U can see in Korea Client the Hiram Gear at : Legendary, Mythic, Eternal. ( it's darkened so not yet released )

Thet means (i think so) Hiram - T1 Celest, T2 Divine, T3 Epic.
    And later in future Hiram - T4 Legendery, T5 Mythic, T6 Eternal.

So the Playerbase have endgame Content with Synthese and new Temper also + with Hiram & Eternal Gear = Cash-Shop ~ $.

What XL try to do is to get perfekt Gear (Hiram) without Hardcore P2W like Craft Eternal way and not the terrible RNG like Obsidian or Ayanad.

The Future is Hiram and Eternal.

Btw Hiram Gear is max Temper +20 , Eternal max Temper is +30.
    With this System can XL always nerf a Hiram to keep Eternal for best Gear in Game.

here is the Scren with Hiram on Eternal in Korea Client, the same is on Legend and Mythic.

--> http://www.directupload.net/file/d/5...wmqtp8_jpg.htm
    I believe it's darkened because it's not available at the grade. Otherwise T4-6 would have their own separate icon, which would probably be after Erenor.
    * All I really want to do is get high and play video games.

Aycee | Kyrios | East

CPU: Intel 4790k
    GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB Twin Frozr V
    Mobo: Asus Maximus VII Formula
    Ram: 16GB Corsair Vengeance
    Case: NZXT Phantom

only chance to see t8 is with the release of the new dungeon.
    but they can easly put mats for T4 hiram or T4 lunagems in there.

its not in XL's intentions to give "easy obtainable" stats to veteran players who were sitting on obsidian.
    they are trying to shift new players towards hiram
    and vetreran players towards mixed Erenor+hiram.

they will be adding +30 tempers/ mabey new t4 gems
    to grab $$ on the side

Quote Originally Posted by narisige View Post
    My current thought, I think T8 will come
    Leason : Because it exists in the database

http://archeagecodex.com/kr/recipe/7035/?sl=1
    http://archeagecodex.com/jp/recipe/7035/

But with the advent of hiram it is no exaggeration to say obsidian is a de facto failure xD
    The weapon in the database is not even close to t7, so no, it's not t8.

Just out of curiosity - have any of you heard of/seen in Korea an item that lets you "uncrystallize" an item? I heard such a thing existed on the honor shop for 10k. Sounds a little extreme but who knows...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast