View Poll Results: Do you want an Orchard Farmhouse?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 40.00%
  • No

3 60.00%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Orchard Farmhouse

Orchard Farmhouse

Can we please have this? It's great having Harvester Farmhouses, but imagine being able to buy a house that allows you to plant trees instead! Come on Trion do something nice for us please

You mean packs of 50 trees at once, with no chance for thunderstruck (there is no chance for royal seeds, in the seedbeds in farmhouses) ?
    Is lumber that much needed ?

Lumber? No. Lemons and apples? Yes please!

Quote Originally Posted by bobwinner View Post
    You mean packs of 50 trees at once, with no chance for thunderstruck (there is no chance for royal seeds, in the seedbeds in farmhouses) ?
    Is lumber that much needed ?
    Not for lumber. I have over 200 lemon trees I pick everyday for lemons. I never received a Thunderstruck tree once from them. I would just like for them to have the chance to be mass gathered.

And ofc... if you are looking for a Thunderstruck tree you wouldn't use the house. Just like you wouldn't use a Harvester house for Royal Seeds.

I have had a couple neighbors and a few friends' treehouses go thunderstruck, but mine never did in over a year of daily gathering from it...

Quote Originally Posted by Enyo View Post
    I have had a couple neighbors and a few friends' treehouses go thunderstruck, but mine never did in over a year of daily gathering from it...
    Haha lucky them! I've had multiple treehouses since they've come out. Never got a TS tree. If I want one I usually just plant a ton of Pines.

Ah fruit trees then, my bad I almost forgot about them.

Lets compare some of the game's mechanisms :
    Seed : Plant once, harvest once. Yields on average 3.75 units per seed if planted in the appropriate climate, or yields 2.75 units per seed when planted in a farmhouse seedbed (73.33% of the mono-seed value).
    Fruit Trees : Plant once, harvest multiple times, the trade-off is that they take more space. Yields on average 5.5 lemon per tree, then in a "treebed" it would be 5.5*73.33% = 4.03 lemon on average, per tree.

The harvester farmhouse allows 150 seeds to be planted in the seedbeds, which is approximatively the number of seeds you could plant in a 16x16 (=the size of the farmhouse itself).
    So, imagine if you had "treebeds" that allow to plant the equivalent number of fruit trees in a 16x16 farm, then it would be 20 lemon trees, which then would grant approximatively 20x4.03 = 80.6 lemons per 8-hour harvest ("treebeds" would ignore climate harvest time malus, just as seedbeds do).

Building an expensive house for such yields do not seem very interesting at all, to be honest.
    I would definately use the low-taxes solar / lunar / stellar farms for trees instead.

The main point of the harvester farmhouse is that planting AND harvesting 150 seeds takes a HUGE amount of time and efforts, while harvesting 20 lemon trees definately DOES NOT take more than 2 minutes (and you don't need to replant them right after the harvest).

Quote Originally Posted by bobwinner View Post
    Ah fruit trees then, my bad I almost forgot about them.

Lets compare some of the game's mechanisms :
    Seed : Plant once, harvest once. Yields on average 3.75 units per seed if planted in the appropriate climate, or yields 2.75 units per seed when planted in a farmhouse seedbed (73.33% of the mono-seed value).
    Fruit Trees : Plant once, harvest multiple times, the trade-off is that they take more space. Yields on average 5.5 lemon per tree, then in a "treebed" it would be 5.5*73.33% = 4.03 lemon on average, per tree.

The harvester farmhouse allows 150 seeds to be planted in the seedbeds, which is approximatively the number of seeds you could plant in a 16x16 (=the size of the farmhouse itself).
    So, imagine if you had "treebeds" that allow to plant the equivalent number of fruit trees in a 16x16 farm, then it would be 20 lemon trees, which then would grant approximatively 20x4.03 = 80.6 lemons per 8-hour harvest ("treebeds" would ignore climate harvest time malus, just as seedbeds do).

Building an expensive house for such yields do not seem very interesting at all, to be honest.
    I would definately use the low-taxes solar / lunar / stellar farms for trees instead.

The main point of the harvester farmhouse is that planting AND harvesting 150 seeds takes a HUGE amount of time and efforts, while harvesting 20 lemon trees definately DOES NOT take more than 2 minutes (and you don't need to replant them right after the harvest).
    Who's harvesting 20 trees? I said 200 lol.

I guess to further support my opinion... I work a lot. I love the harvesters because you can plant a few seed beds and mass gather easily. Picking lemons from 200 trees takes a lot of time and is really irritating. Especially since I can't sit down and play the game all day like a lot of people. In my opinion, it would be much more appreciated if I could just mass gather from a house similar to a Harvester house.

Also, if it does not seem interesting to you then you don't have to buy it. The house would be released for the people interested in it of course. I brought it up in Thunderwing and people started whispering me like crazy saying how good of an idea it would be. It's personal opinion. We are just seeking out alternatives to help the people that see the benefit in it. However, there's nothing wrong with releasing something some people don't like. I'm sure there are items in the game that you don't approve of, but others do.

I said 20 because of the equivalence.
    xlgame made it 3 x 50 = 150 seeds in seedbeds because 150 seeds in the space of the farmhouse (roughly 16x16 inside the 24x24 land).
    so to keep it balanced, it would be only 20 lemon trees in the "treebeds" because the number of lemon trees that fit in the space of a 16x16 is 20.

If you're asking for 10x the equivalence, then I'm going to ask to upgrade the seedbeds by 10x too (500 per seedbed, woot).

200 trees irritating? Have you thought about not doing it and doing something fun instead?
    Epic Erenor Scepter - 856 Magic Att, 733 gimped DPS.
    Epic Erenor Katana - 815.3 DPS.
    Epic Erenor Bow - 693 DPS... worse than the gimped weapon even though it's a primary weapon.
    "Balance" . . . This doesn't even take in to account the 978.4 epic erenor nodachi, or 978 mAtt staff.

+ Reply to Thread