+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Archeage PRIME why not?

Archeage PRIME why not?

Archeage B2P
    Archeage NOT P2W

This was covered in a previous stream and has to due in part to the direction XL is pushing the game. To make such a change it would need to include XL and Trion both not just Trion
    [NA][Conviction]

I'll put my tinfoil hat on and start it. The current ArcheAge we've known, loathed and loved for the last 4 years is being killed on purpose. They will execute the same thing as Defiance and freshen up a few models and make some minor changes to release a 'New' version of ArcheAge, that is pretty much the same game. It will be done to bring streamers and youtubers back to take a look and bring new players as well.

I can dream about some changes that would be epic to have on a 'New' version, but I seriously doubt they would be taken under consideration. Those changes would include, barring a 2nd client from opening (goodbye multiboxing), Making Apex credit bought and only tradeable once (like manequins), doing away with regrading completely (fusion is a better system), and bringing back the original trade system. Taking off the tinfoil hat, it could just be nothing but a publicity stunt and those suggestions are simply just wet dreams that'll never come true.

I could see them making a subscription only Prime, but I doubt it'd be free of p2w if they offer anything aside from cosmetics through the cash shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Enyo View Post
    ...Those changes would include, barring a 2nd client from opening (goodbye multiboxing)...
    Do you not remember the first year or so after launch, when you could only open one client per computer at a time? If you played then, and were aware, you wouldn't be saying "goodbye multiboxing," as you'd know that restriction didn't prevent people from running multiple accounts. Anyone who wanted to set up virtual machines, or who had access to more than one computer, could do it. I knew someone back then who ran about 30 accounts, and he was certainly not the only one doing that.
    Claw to earth, blood to water, fang to wind, heart to Tahyang.

Mulberry ~ <Archangels> ~ Conviction East
    Moonstone ~ <Odyssey> ~ Conviction West
    Snowberry ~ Cinnabar ~ <Sakura> ~ Conviction East

Yes, I know and am aware. It was very less rampant back then though, and if Prime was an actual subscription required version, then I'm sure there'd be less than there was then. I know some alters pay for the alts they use, but most use Apex or just leave them logged in for labor. Most people are too lazy to set up VM's and/or run a second computer, but some will always try to cheat the system. Elimination of 90% of alts would be better than nothing.

Generally, the only reasons people leave this game comes down to Gear Score and Alts. They quit because the blew up an Epic? that's because they needed the GS to compete. They stick around long enough and see 8 haulers heading into the tradepost from one person while they have a cart? The frustration of being told to run multiple accounts sucks the fun and immersion out of the game and skews the playing field to the no lifers that can't stand the idea of limited progress.

...Most people are too lazy to set up VM's and/or run a second computer, but some will always try to cheat the system....
    First of all, it isn't, and was never, "cheating the system." Running more than one account has always been completely within the rules. And even if logins were restricted, most of us still could run more than one account easily. I'm not really a geek, and even I have the hardware to run 3 of them sitting on my desk. That's not even counting virtual machines.

Generally, the only reasons people leave this game comes down to Gear Score and Alts...
    I talk to newer players on an almost daily basis. I have never heard someone say they were leaving because of alt accounts. The two reasons I hear most often are that they can't just play the game without being ganked by other players, and that they have too much difficulty making gold and/or they come to understand that the game can't be played effectively without having patron and investing considerable time.

Quote Originally Posted by romonster View Post
    ... can't just play the game without being ganked by other players....
    ...investing considerable time.
    First part, gear score. 2nd part, the time investment to run multiple accounts. Thank you for reaffirming my prior statement.

I know you don't want your alts taken away, and that the vast majority of those still on the forums are alters. Most of 'my kind' has been run off for quite some time (and I have quit and returned multiple times myself) so you don't get to hear the 'anti-alt' argument so often anymore. This position is always countered with "VM's", "2nd computers", "to compete with p2w whales", "other games allow it" and the like. I've heard it hundreds of times by dozens of players (maybe some were alts!), but rarely does anyone argue the game would be worse without them. Most of those p2w whales aren't p2w at all, just those conducting mass f2p alt gold farming.

There is still no denial that the game was made by and for Koreans whom don't have easy access to alts due to the account making process there, therefore the game is not set up for alts. Multiple labor pools feeding gold into a single account was not in the game design. Korea and RU are doing fine without massive alt armies, yet that's almost all that's left in NA/EU and the game is dying here.

First part, gear score. 2nd part, the time investment to run multiple accounts. Thank you for reaffirming my prior statement.

I know you don't want your alts taken away, and that the vast majority of those still on the forums are alters. Most of 'my kind' has been run off for quite some time (and I have quit and returned multiple times myself) so you don't get to hear the 'anti-alt' argument so often anymore. This position is always countered with "VM's", "2nd computers", "to compete with p2w whales", "other games allow it" and the like. I've heard it hundreds of times by dozens of players (maybe some were alts!), but rarely does anyone argue the game would be worse without them. Most of those p2w whales aren't p2w at all, just those conducting mass f2p alt gold farming.

There is still no denial that the game was made by and for Koreans whom don't have easy access to alts due to the account making process there, therefore the game is not set up for alts. Multiple labor pools feeding gold into a single account was not in the game design. Korea and RU are doing fine without massive alt armies, yet that's almost all that's left in NA/EU and the game is dying here.
    Alts are really the NA/EU attempt to get around a mechanic that the community believes they are being restricted by. The problem with NA/EU community has and always will be the massive P2W stigma that hit the game at launch and continued by every patch since then.

While it seems that XL and Trion has now started to see the problem it is too late as the damage is done.

Right now I can tell you on legacy servers there are far less alts per population as most people don't want to give any more for a game they see on decline. The added problems with Gold income has added further to the decline in population and lowers the influx of new players.
    [NA][Conviction]

Nothing to do with gear score, actually. Their complaint is not that they lose the fights. What distresses these people is that the game permits other players to attack them without their consent in the first place. ("Without their consent" being the key thing here.)

And no, they aren't talking about time investment to run more accounts. Starting up from zero is hard unless you have the benefit of prior knowledge, as very little guidance is given. New players frequently expect to progress just by doing the quest line and have no idea that the real meat of the game lies outside that system. And they come into the game with the expectation that Free to Play means they will have full access to game features without paying for patron.

Your statements weren't affirmed at all.

I know you don't want your alts taken away, and that the vast majority of those still on the forums are alters.
    My alts would not change, even if there was a restriction on simultaneous logins. I have only three accounts (all with cash subs) and my gameplay would be only minimally affected. The worst part would be that it would reduce my enjoyment of RP. The pace can get pretty slow, so I often play two or three characters to keep myself amused.

I argue this not because I have a personal stake in it, but because I hate to see people spreading misinformation as you are.

I know quite a few of the prolific forum posters in game and in other channels, and I can assure you they aren't alts.

There is still no denial that the game was made by and for Koreans whom don't have easy access to alts due to the account making process there, therefore the game is not set up for alts.
    I kept hearing people say that, so I finally asked someone who is a long-term player on the Korean servers what the real situation there is. Here's what he told me: Korean ArcheAge players are allowed up to three accounts per mobile phone number; there is no requirement for a state ID these days. If they can obtain more phone numbers they can have more accounts.

They do need separate machines to log in multiple accounts at the same time, but it is not uncommon for players to have that setup, especially if they play at internet cafes where they can simply book more computers. Koreans can and do run alt accounts.

I'm told you can run multiple clients on KR now too... It doesn't stop people from making the argument that it's bad to have multiple accounts running.

IMO, if you restrict yourself in ways the game doesn't then you are just playing badly.

+ Reply to Thread