+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Gold making... what IS worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by DarthTickles View Post
    That's fine, but if running packs is boring and unrewarding and larceny is boring and unrewarding, maybe youre just a big ♥♥♥♥ing baby.
    Lol, that is why i said 'subjective'. I actually enjoy the pack runs, and don't complain about the task itself.

Not you in particular.

Quote Originally Posted by Drizzitxv View Post
    Larceny is one of those tricky complicated to see the normalization. Yes the purses are low (for me 5s/l). But the crates are all 20l to open and Drops from them (mysterious garden powder) have increased. MGP is about 1g/per on AH. If you are farming 2* mobs silver crates drop like candy and sell on AH(last I checked) at 1g or a little over. My opinion is larceny took a little hit compared to sunkens, but still can be profitable with the options it has.
    Purses stop being worth opening as soon as the Crate system was introduced. A purse drop is the same as nothing dropping. Now they have systematically made the crates worse and worse to open.

Larceny use to be the way to get Archeum now it's all on PN to farm Archeum.

Jester's Crates were the best thing to open lp/s ratio. They removed dust from them, making them worthless.

Sure Silver Crates drop a lot now. But they made them worse to open. They normalized the rate of drops so now you have more chance to get the worthless stuff. Oh and 1 silver key is 22g.

Oh, Gold crates only drop high end items now. SO another win to PN.
    Ray: Akmit
    -------
    formally: Ray > Valume: Kraken/Kaylin
    Qube: Reckoning, Kyrios, Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by Mangogogo View Post
    What mat prices were you using for 3.0 and for 4.6?
    I used the "then current" pricing.

When they make any major changes to the trade pack system I just go in to google docs and make a copy of my spreadsheet and start working on the new one. That way it locks in the prices that I use for mats and I keep a record of runs throughout the games history so I can compare when I need to.
    Epic Erenor Scepter - 856 Magic Att, 733 gimped DPS.
    Epic Erenor Katana - 815.3 DPS.
    Epic Erenor Bow - 693 DPS... worse than the gimped weapon even though it's a primary weapon.
    "Balance" . . . This doesn't even take in to account the 978.4 epic erenor nodachi, or 978 mAtt staff.

I sell unbound tax certs. That's my whole strategy. All my characters are long ago maxed out and I'm done with my property accumulation days, so selling off my extra labor is kinda the only thing I really do anymore.
    "With great power comes a great big off switch."

Quote Originally Posted by Nevertheless View Post
    I sell unbound tax certs. That's my whole strategy. All my characters are long ago maxed out and I'm done with my property accumulation days, so selling off my extra labor is kinda the only thing I really do anymore.
    I do that sometimes on my cross region alts when I just can't be bothered to buy junk on the AH to craft something. The returns are really horrible though, like pretty much the worst possible thing you can do with your labor apart from wasting it.
    Epic Erenor Scepter - 856 Magic Att, 733 gimped DPS.
    Epic Erenor Katana - 815.3 DPS.
    Epic Erenor Bow - 693 DPS... worse than the gimped weapon even though it's a primary weapon.
    "Balance" . . . This doesn't even take in to account the 978.4 epic erenor nodachi, or 978 mAtt staff.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7