+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Gold making... what IS worth it?

Gold making... what IS worth it?

I've been reading a ton of threads lately and it seems like no matter what the gold making strategy there is a recurring theme of "It's not worth doing". Fishing, trading, farming, larceny, crafting . . . nothing is worth it.

So my question is: What exactly are we comparing these things to? What IS worth doing that make these so not worth doing?
    Epic Erenor Scepter - 856 Magic Att, 733 gimped DPS.
    Epic Erenor Katana - 815.3 DPS.
    Epic Erenor Bow - 693 DPS... worse than the gimped weapon even though it's a primary weapon.
    "Balance" . . . This doesn't even take in to account the 978.4 epic erenor nodachi, or 978 mAtt staff.

to average/ new players , anything above 600gold/hour is reasnoable
    if you can maintain 1200g/day
    you keep your gold and spend it wisely, after 1 year it would be 400k+
    which is enough to gear up into top 100 on most servers, especialy if you mix hiram pieces in

yes, it takes 1 year to gear up now, or 6month of hardcore grind with multiply accounts.

alot of items were added into the game like costumes/ T3 gems , charcoal prices increased alot, same with APEX prices
    new player needs to grind way more stuff than lets say 2 years ago.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Now if you are making bellow 600g/hour you got no chance to compete
    transfering to "cash" with Trion prices of 10euro per APEX, 600g are 1/3rd of an APEX which would be 3euro.
    so if you are unable to generate atleast 3euro /hour, its better for you to simply find a job and p2w

Now most P2W whales are buying gold from botters/sellers which sell at 2.5euro per 1k
    which isn't allowed by trion policy, but as an example.
    someone can work 1 hour for 25 euro and come back home and buy quick 10k

in the meanwhile casual players grind their life, 20hours of traderuns to come to 10k gold

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, up to you how seriously you treat the game
    or whats your goal in the game
    to compete with others or just hang around and role play

I believe the point of those threads is that people used to be able to do them with enough labor or time left over to do other things. The profit to labor of all of those activities has diminished slowly over time as they make changes. (you left off Sunken Ships)

From what I've seen, if you don't use multiple alts and park them at events or afk in arenas, and use them as an endless labor source for menial tasks: Then you're not playing the game right.

What made people more aware of their lack of profit from said activities is the rise of Apex prices from AH flippers, alts, Hiram gear, and most P2W players quitting or joining the 'Zerg'.

Quote Originally Posted by Snerdles View Post
    I've been reading a ton of threads lately and it seems like no matter what the gold making strategy there is a recurring theme of "It's not worth doing". Fishing, trading, farming, larceny, crafting . . . nothing is worth it.

So my question is: What exactly are we comparing these things to? What IS worth doing that make these so not worth doing?
    Here's a lesson on forums and the forum community;
    7/10 forum posters are people who have done little to no research on the changes that have happened, often going off other peoples opinions and theories as solid facts.
    If you were to ask me about it, I'd tell you, even as a Halcy preserved pack resident, with 0% bonuses, that I feel trading is a WONDERFUL source of income. Why? Well, if you look at most nerfs/buffs to trading in the past year, your pack costs have increased/decreased only by roughly (minimum)1g-5g(extreme). Is that really enough to say you cant make gold anymore, because you make 5 less gold on a 20g pack? No.

But Pew, labor pots are almost 200g each. Sure, except a *Smart* trader would just spend the 1700g for an apex and buy the labor stipend, giving you about 21 free pots over a months time (9 lost to the 200g factor).

Then theres the whole labor to silver min-max crap. If you want to stress over every little labor point to make a bit more profit, go for it, but I for one, can tell you that you're making yourself work more than you need to.

The AH is the absolute money maker, as you spend almost nothing in labor to flip items, meaning if you're trading AND playing the AH you will make tons more than either of the two seperately (based on your AH skill).

I spend about 90 labor to make and turn in a 16-20g pack (depending on destination) after buying 3g worth in mats or passively growing my own for roughly half of the AH cost (and slightly increased labor spent, but again... 21 free pots a month *shrug*), ontop of playing off the AH (0-9k a week) Tell me that isnt a good way of making money.

Edit: Just to chime newer players in on old school history of the game, we used to make HALF the gold we make now in TWICE the time to get it to its destination. How people think our current situation is bad is beyond me.
    Pew (Wynn/Kaylin/Kadum)
    <The Shadehunting Master>
    ♤Lord of Halcyona♤

Youtube Channel:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuU..._as=subscriber
    Twitter:
    https://twitter.com/Trusivraj?lang=en
    Twitch Stream Channel:
    https://www.twitch.tv/trusivraj

Quote Originally Posted by Trusivraj View Post
    Here's a lesson on forums and the forum community;
    7/10 forum posters are people who have done little to no research on the changes that have happened, often going off other peoples opinions and theories as solid facts.
    If you were to ask me about it, I'd tell you, even as a Halcy preserved pack resident, with 0% bonuses, that I feel trading is a WONDERFUL source of income. Why? Well, if you look at most nerfs/buffs to trading in the past year, your pack costs have increased/decreased only by roughly (minimum)1g-5g(extreme). Is that really enough to say you cant make gold anymore, because you make 5 less gold on a 20g pack? No.

But Pew, labor pots are almost 200g each. Sure, except a *Smart* trader would just spend the 1700g for an apex and buy the labor stipend, giving you about 21 free pots over a months time (9 lost to the 200g factor).

Then theres the whole labor to silver min-max crap. If you want to stress over every little labor point to make a bit more profit, go for it, but I for one, can tell you that you're making yourself work more than you need to.

The AH is the absolute money maker, as you spend almost nothing in labor to flip items, meaning if you're trading AND playing the AH you will make tons more than either of the two seperately (based on your AH skill).

I spend about 90 labor to make and turn in a 16-20g pack (depending on destination) after buying 3g worth in mats or passively growing my own for roughly half of the AH cost (and slightly increased labor spent, but again... 21 free pots a month *shrug*), ontop of playing off the AH (0-9k a week) Tell me that isnt a good way of making money.

Edit: Just to chime newer players in on old school history of the game, we used to make HALF the gold we make now in TWICE the time to get it to its destination. How people think our current situation is bad is beyond me.
    Agreed. Trading luxury packs on car is very good gold/time.

I've done the math. Packs make less (or same) profit for higher labor costs now than they did in 2.9. Materials were cheaper and only a fraction was needed in comparison to today's highly inflated market. Being close to the same profit still isn't a valid argument when the Apex costs 3 times more now. That's 3 times more work for the same result.

Quote Originally Posted by Enyo View Post
    I've done the math. Packs make less (or same) profit for higher labor costs now than they did in 2.9. Materials were cheaper and only a fraction was needed in comparison to today's highly inflated market. Being close to the same profit still isn't a valid argument when the Apex costs 3 times more now. That's 3 times more work for the same result.
    I used to go to Dewstone from Halcy for 8g per pack in an 8 minute run totaling 150ish labor. I spend half that now in time and labor to 2c for 16g. How is that the same price
    Pew (Wynn/Kaylin/Kadum)
    <The Shadehunting Master>
    ♤Lord of Halcyona♤

Youtube Channel:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuU..._as=subscriber
    Twitter:
    https://twitter.com/Trusivraj?lang=en
    Twitch Stream Channel:
    https://www.twitch.tv/trusivraj

Anyone that says you need a certain amount of gold a day for a year to be competitive is off their rocker. Just play the game, do your dungeons, look at the costs and values of materials and pay attention to stuff like that. If you can see a profit in cost to buy and sell, take advantage of it. Grow and process some mats, do some packs, do resident quests, do dailies. It all takes time, and 600g an hour is just not feasible unless you're sucking on the player nation's teat. Make alts, do crimson rift on them every day for the honor gems to sell.. The quota kind of people are definitely doing something that requires being "in power", which means having power to begin with.

I used to go to Dewstone from Halcy for 8g per pack in an 8 minute run totaling 150ish labor. I spend half that now in time and labor to 2c for 16g. How is that the same price
    Here's what I posted yesterday in another thread.
    ... Let's look at the packs I prefer (Lillyut Olive Oil), taken to Two Crowns during 2.9 and during 4.6. ~25 dried flowers and 12 olives to make a 9g pack, where it was 40 labor to craft and 70 labor to turn in before proficiency discounts vs. 180 dried flowers and 3 olives for 15g90s pack (done in under 15 minutes) where it's 70 labor to craft and 70 labor to turn in (please let me know if the current labor is less before prof discount). Take into account that seeds cost half of what they do now, and it used to cost less than 2g to buy those mats off of the AH versus almost 9g just for the dried flowers now and higher labor costs. Oh, that pack that used to cost 2g to make? It could be taken to Sanddeep for a 14g payout if you felt like taking a risk.

.. Let's look at the packs I prefer (Lillyut Olive Oil), taken to Two Crowns during 2.9 and during 4.6. ~25 dried flowers and 12 olives to make a 9g pack, where it was 40 labor to craft and 70 labor to turn in before proficiency discounts vs. 180 dried flowers and 3 olives for 15g90s pack (done in under 15 minutes) where it's 70 labor to craft and 70 labor to turn in (please let me know if the current labor is less before prof discount). Take into account that seeds cost half of what they do now, and it used to cost less than 2g to buy those mats off of the AH versus almost 9g just for the dried flowers now and higher labor costs. Oh, that pack that used to cost 2g to make? It could be taken to Sanddeep for a 14g payout if you felt like taking a risk.
    iirc, with max proficiency :

Crafting a pack in 2.9 :
    Base 70-26% = 52 labor
    Turn-in 70-26% = 52 labor
    Total 104 labor for a 9g pack.

Crafting a pack in 4.6 :
    Base 50-40% (max prof) = 30 labor
    Turn-in 70-40% = 42 labor
    Total 72 labor for a 15g90 pack.

Old pack cost 2g to make and generate 9g, that is 7 gold profit for 104 labor = 6.73 silver per labor.
    New pack cost 9g to make and generate 16g, that is 7 gold profit for 72 labor = 9.72 silver per labor.

That's a +44% silver per labor increase, that means :
    Things got BETTER than they were before.
    And I'm not even mentioning now packs lose 1% value per 4 packs turn-in, BEFORE they lost 1% value per 2 packs turn-in.
    Which means you actually gained more than a +44% s/lp increase.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast