+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Gold making... what IS worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by Snerdles View Post
    you can have up to 5580 every day just logging in and sleeping twice
    That would require the 4500 credit pajamas and both stipends. We were able to achieve the same affect and better living standards before and no stipends. The whole point we're trying to make is that the costs for EVERYTHING has gone up so much, that tiny little improvements in s/l ratios can't make up for what is necessary to keep up now.

Even in your perfect world of using 10 s/l and having both stipends and not using any other labor it would still take almost 3 months to get a piece of Ayanad. 1 1/2 years for a weapon and full set, before accessories, costumes and underwear, for what is still an inferior set.

What we want is a return to the game we loved, screwed around in, and didn't have to worry about our next fix. This is not the same game as it was 2 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Enyo View Post
    That would require the 4500 credit pajamas and both stipends. We were able to achieve the same affect and better living standards before and no stipends. The whole point we're trying to make is that the costs for EVERYTHING has gone up so much, that tiny little improvements in s/l ratios can't make up for what is necessary to keep up now.

Even in your perfect world of using 10 s/l and having both stipends and not using any other labor it would still take almost 3 months to get a piece of Ayanad. 1 1/2 years for a weapon and full set, before accessories, costumes and underwear, for what is still an inferior set.

What we want is a return to the game we loved, screwed around in, and didn't have to worry about our next fix. This is not the same game as it was 2 years ago.
    Of course it isn't the same game. Casuals always get left behind in every game. You really expect to keep up with a korean grinder in 15 minutes a day? Well, this is one game where you can play for free in that amount of time. Go complain in the EVE forums that you want free play in under 15 minutes a day and see them laugh because it's a crazy request. This is still by far the easiest game around to play with paid benefits for free. Who needs ayanad when you can just hiram it up anyway. Why do you expect a free player who is selling progress to keep up with the person buying it? That just doesn't make sense.

No one has said what people can do for gold that is worth the time. Even though safe zone runs on average are the best they have ever been in the game people are still whining instead that trade runs aren't worth doing. You say in a perfect world where people get 10s/l... but 10s/l is the low cut off of where things just aren't worth doing. You can easily do better than that.
    Epic Erenor Scepter - 856 Magic Att, 733 gimped DPS.
    Epic Erenor Katana - 815.3 DPS.
    Epic Erenor Bow - 693 DPS... worse than the gimped weapon even though it's a primary weapon.
    "Balance" . . . This doesn't even take in to account the 978.4 epic erenor nodachi, or 978 mAtt staff.

To me, nothing is worth it anymore(except the dungeon merit quest dailies) in part because the investment to do something increased considerably or it's just straight up not fun anymore.

I used to do packs from all over in 2.9 because it didn't require a lot of mats so you didn't need a huge set up just to get the mats for a specific pack like you do now and if I were to lose the packs, then the crafter part would mostly pay for my mats so not a big deal. Now just buying a cargo is stupid expensive and if you lose it, you lose it all and if you're slow, you lose a lot of profit too. PArt of the fun with the old packs was staging them and turning them it at the highest possible % which has now been made impossible.

I love crafting, but now everything requires charcoal so either a huge gold investment for something that might not work out too well or a massive time investment to gather the mats yourself and that's for the stuff that doesn't get removed with every patch like most buff, the lunafrost(my last source of crafting revenue remaining, now gone ) and now the apothecary recipe need charcoal too so I still don't know what I'm gonna do for crafting. Crafting not using the apothecary and forget about the possibility of getting double the amount is the most attractive fun wise, but I might suck it up and buy charcoal to make skyrocket my crafting cost using something that's supposed to make better for you.

When they tripled the cost of seeds and saplings, farming and gathering became too much of an investment for my taste. I used to plant cedar trees and sell the lumber, but I was actually losing gold doing that since the saplings were so pricy...

Larceny has become too depressing for me over the years. I used to do it a lot when we were getting a drop from every single mobs, but the drop rate got drastically nerfed when they separated the mats from the coinpurses and the silver/labor ratio wasn't great. The we got aegis/whalesong with their new crates which were attractive so I did them from time to time, when the horrible drop rates wouldn't get to me, but now they killed the crates so that's gone too.

Fishing is too much clicking for my body to handle so I barely did any, can't comment on that.

Basically, things require too much of an investment in either gold or time just to try something out so it's not attractive or fun to try new things. Being forced to change your ways not because you found out about something more attractive in either gold or fun but because what you were doing got nerfed gets old fast and it seems to be happening with every single patch in this game.

I just do the very few things left in the game I enjoy and mostly don't bother with gold anymore, I just can't find a way to have fun making some anymore.

Unless your destination trade post has 200 cargo already in it then one of the pack types from that area are going to have high turn in values. On the east, for instance, you can go from Villa to Solis or Solis to Villa an make 11-18 silver per labor or so. If one pack starts piling up you just run another pack.

Back in 3.0 zero of these runs made even 10 silver per labor. In fact, the highest silver per labor in either direction was about 4.5s/l. The aged packs for this run back in 3.0 quite literally lost money. Now every single one of these packs is viable.
    I think you are just assuming they are max. On my server that isn't even that populated and on the east that is typically not populated. the Turn in value was at %110. At the time of this post 12:42am pst Vill to Solis is %117

Add: And another thing. I have 230k in Larceny; ok, it's nerfed, so I looked into lowering it and raising another. I would need something called a "Decrease Proficiency Certificate" that can only be bought in pay shop for 1000 credits. I didn't even know this existed in the game until now.

Oh and, there just happens to be a sale on them right after this patch. It's freaking scummy to hard nerf a skill and then require you to pay real money to lower that skill.

It's almost the literal definition of a bait and switch.
    Ray: Akmit
    -------
    formally: Ray > Valume: Kraken/Kaylin
    Qube: Reckoning, Kyrios, Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by Bobitoz View Post
    Add: And another thing. I have 230k in Larceny; ok, it's nerfed, so I looked into lowering it and raising another. I would need something called a "Decrease Proficiency Certificate" that can only be bought in pay shop for 1000 credits. I didn't even know this existed in the game until now.

Oh and, there just happens to be a sale on them right after this patch. It's freaking scummy to hard nerf a skill and then require you to pay real money to lower that skill.

It's almost the literal definition of a bait and switch.
    It can also be bought with 100k vocation. And yeah, it sucks that you need to spend just to lose proficiency.

Quote Originally Posted by Mangogogo View Post
    Duck downs were so cheap cross region alts were making free packs in hasla for people to turn in. Aaaa those were the days.
    Yeah, that was a thing when I started to understand the game, whenever someone said "packs in hasla" rush there with whole guild, load up all haulers and hide surplus in bushes and the mountains...
    I think I got my first patron thanks to those packs

Quote Originally Posted by SamKook View Post
    It can also be bought with 100k vocation. And yeah, it sucks that you need to spend just to lose proficiency.
    oh, 100k vocation. Ill just go get that with my 0 farming skill. (a bit over sarcastic, but 100k is a lot, probably worth more than 1000 credits?)

I'm hearing farmers and trade packers saying "well I can work with this." It would be cheaper (time/money) for me to just make an alt to level up farming/commerce instead. So then we come back around to. "Alts are bad, nerf all the things alts are doing"
    Ray: Akmit
    -------
    formally: Ray > Valume: Kraken/Kaylin
    Qube: Reckoning, Kyrios, Kraken

you can have up to 5580 every day just logging in and sleeping twice if you want and pay for your account. If you make 10 silver per labor you make 558g a day with that, or 16740g a month. That's just with labor alone.
    Actually, on one single account you can :
    -Regenerate : 2880 LP
    -Labor stipend : 1500 LP
    -Main character : 600 LP bed regen x 2 = 1200 LP
    -3 alt characters : 600 LP bed regen each = 1800 LP (build plaza for them to get a non-increased tax bed) if you get double bed for them it's 3600 LP
    That's a total of 7380 LP (alts single bed regen) to 9180 LP (alts double bed regen) per day, on a single account.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobitoz View Post
    I think you are just assuming they are max. On my server that isn't even that populated and on the east that is typically not populated. the Turn in value was at %110. At the time of this post 12:42am pst Vill to Solis is %117
    There are 7 packs from each zone in 3 categories (for a total of 14 possible). Assuming the trade posts don't have 200 cargo in them already (in which case you should probably run that) then one of these pack in these categories is going to eventually reset the turn in value and be back at 130%. If you are ready to run whichever this is then you will always get a high turn in value.

There are some cases where you might have to run a few of different types to get it to trigger, but just looking at the tower will ensure you run the ones that are most profitable and make the tower consume them. We compare packs at their highest value even though there has never been a time in AA that you could ever turn in more than a few at the highest turn in value because comparing any other way is idiotic. Everyone understands that if the pack is sitting at some low value there is probably another pack to run.
    Epic Erenor Scepter - 856 Magic Att, 733 gimped DPS.
    Epic Erenor Katana - 815.3 DPS.
    Epic Erenor Bow - 693 DPS... worse than the gimped weapon even though it's a primary weapon.
    "Balance" . . . This doesn't even take in to account the 978.4 epic erenor nodachi, or 978 mAtt staff.

Why do you expect a free player who is selling progress to keep up with the person buying it?
    We never did, and we don't expect to. The fact of the matter is there wasn't such a large gap before. I still haven't seen you respond with a constructive response either. I suppose this thread was just a bait to try and call out all of us who have experienced this massive change since launch? I'm sorry you never got the chance to try the game before 3.0 when it was still fun, or even better, Alpha and Launch.

you want free play in under 15 minutes a day.
    Yeah, never heard of anyone ever asking to, or being able to accomplish this....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast