+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: Best hiram offhand for melee?

  1. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthTickles View Post
    offhand utterly meaningless for hiram
    The passive armor type damage boost procs off of offhand as well. If you use axe/katana you'll get the 20% vs. plate and the 15% vs. leather procs regardless of which slot you have them in.

  2. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by Applejax View Post
    The passive armor type damage boost procs off of offhand as well. If you use axe/katana you'll get the 20% vs. plate and the 15% vs. leather procs regardless of which slot you have them in.
    I guess it used to proc both weapons, so why would that change, right?

    After going over the patch notes and considering the wording, it does just sound like the changed the nature of the procs, but no mention of changing how the procs happen.

    I guess just because there was this big change to gcd and dmg to the mh, people assumed it would apply to the procs too.

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,746
    If only Quill were here to clear this up ;(
    "You need a lobotomy. I'll get a saw." - Bill Watterson

    Quote Originally Posted by Papillon View Post
    Archeage is not a PvP game.

  4. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    2
    Offhand are exactly same except skin

    New passive just proc on main weapon.

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Etoual View Post
    Offhand are exactly same except skin

    New passive just proc on main weapon.
    ^ This. Off-hand is for looks (and stats ofcourse).
    Pew
    <The Oracle God>
    ♤Lord of Halcyona♤


    Youtube Channel:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuU..._as=subscriber
    Twitter:
    https://twitter.com/xXBigBossCross1?lang=en
    Twitch Stream Channel:
    https://www.twitch.tv/pewsivraj

  6. #16
    Senior Member Turambaredolas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Saltigon
    Posts
    1,106
    Quote Originally Posted by Etoual View Post
    New passive just proc on main weapon.
    And on offhand when using basic attacks \o/
    A child of song, a child of rage
    Abandoned in another age
    Now ancient hate and rhymes that bind
    Make paradise a tomb divine
    And demons trapped in beauty’s thrall
    Hunt those who heed the bloodsong’s call.

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Turambaredolas View Post
    And on offhand when using basic attacks \o/
    Unless you have solid proof of this, this is exactly NOT the case. Your offhand gets no weapon proc outside of being considered towards the DW weapon bonus stat, atk speed.
    Pew
    <The Oracle God>
    ♤Lord of Halcyona♤


    Youtube Channel:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuU..._as=subscriber
    Twitter:
    https://twitter.com/xXBigBossCross1?lang=en
    Twitch Stream Channel:
    https://www.twitch.tv/pewsivraj

  8. #18
    Senior Member Turambaredolas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Saltigon
    Posts
    1,106
    Quote Originally Posted by Trusivraj View Post
    Unless you have solid proof of this, this is exactly NOT the case. Your offhand gets no weapon proc outside of being considered towards the DW weapon bonus stat, atk speed.
    I simply tried it out against an alt in plate using different kinds of weapon sets. Lets have an example at sword and axe because both have an advantage over plate (sword = thrust; axe = bash). I am still using the term "basic attack" but it is called "melee attack" under basic skills.

    1st set - sword mainhand, nothing offhand:
    - basic attacks: normal attacks, additional thrust
    - triple slash: normal attacks, additional thrust

    2nd set - sword mainhand, axe offhand:
    - basic attacks: normal attacks, additional thrust, additional bash
    - triple slash: normal attacks, additional thrust

    3rd set - axe mainhand, nothing offhand:
    - basic attacks: normal attacks, additional bash
    - triple slash: normal attacks, additional bash

    4th set - axe mainhand, sword offhand:
    - basic attacks: normal attacks, additional bash, additional thrust
    - triple slash: normal attacks, additional bash

    I tried it out with some more weapon types but no one would want to read all that and I think you can see my point.

    Additional damage comes from:
    a) both weapons when using basic attacks
    b) only the mainhand when using skills

    But lets face it - a) does not matter to any of us anymore because basic attacks do no longer happen between skills but would need to be used instead of a skill (by clicking an enemy or actually using the "melee attack" skill under basic)
    A child of song, a child of rage
    Abandoned in another age
    Now ancient hate and rhymes that bind
    Make paradise a tomb divine
    And demons trapped in beauty’s thrall
    Hunt those who heed the bloodsong’s call.

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Turambaredolas View Post
    I simply tried it out against an alt in plate using different kinds of weapon sets. Lets have an example at sword and axe because both have an advantage over plate (sword = thrust; axe = bash). I am still using the term "basic attack" but it is called "melee attack" under basic skills.

    1st set - sword mainhand, nothing offhand:
    - basic attacks: normal attacks, additional thrust
    - triple slash: normal attacks, additional thrust

    2nd set - sword mainhand, axe offhand:
    - basic attacks: normal attacks, additional thrust, additional bash
    - triple slash: normal attacks, additional thrust

    3rd set - axe mainhand, nothing offhand:
    - basic attacks: normal attacks, additional bash
    - triple slash: normal attacks, additional bash

    4th set - axe mainhand, sword offhand:
    - basic attacks: normal attacks, additional bash, additional thrust
    - triple slash: normal attacks, additional bash

    I tried it out with some more weapon types but no one would want to read all that and I think you can see my point.

    Additional damage comes from:
    a) both weapons when using basic attacks
    b) only the mainhand when using skills

    But lets face it - a) does not matter to any of us anymore because basic attacks do no longer happen between skills but would need to be used instead of a skill (by clicking an enemy or actually using the "melee attack" skill under basic)
    Interesting!! Come on XL, give the melees what they want. Super ultra stabby stabby basic atk comboooo! xD
    Pew
    <The Oracle God>
    ♤Lord of Halcyona♤


    Youtube Channel:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuU..._as=subscriber
    Twitter:
    https://twitter.com/xXBigBossCross1?lang=en
    Twitch Stream Channel:
    https://www.twitch.tv/pewsivraj

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts