+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Archeage was a fun adventure, but now what left of it?

  1. #1
    Junior Member Ishen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    24

    Thumbs up Archeage was a fun adventure, but now what left of it?

    After being part of the community for a few years, i still remember those good old days of playing and enjoying the game, but now what left of it? Rage, disapointment, bitternesss... Ive been trying to help as many newcomers and old friends in this game, but now where are they? Leaving for other games or just quitting.
    Sadly this game took a bad turn and im going to turn the page too, since most of my friends left.

    It a bit late for trion and XL to fix things since the game is broken beyond belief. I think i did my share of reporting bugs and not abusing them but just to realize most arent fixed yet since the last 4 years.

    I think the RNG system is the big factor for me, left me bitter, a lot of fails, lots of gold invested and nothing left but archeum, make me feel that this system is not fair at all since some have over the top quality rng, while some have the worst luck ever(my case).

    I enjoyed more the first few years of it, after that its was just a job. XL, Trion, really?? is that all you have to offer???

  2. #2
    Senior Member ZanGeetsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    431
    And what they made clear to me is that having knowledge, creating a game is not everything without having imagination
    it is easier to put commands to have everything easier
    if they had bothered to play, to play or have people playing, really without putting commands, with following everything as normal people would know their deviles points and strong points where they could see things improved

    ami I would have happened to solve the problem alt, so that they would not take advantage of things, would exploit more the dugeones, Aria Freighter Mercant for improvement to take pack, would be a new transport by land, aria an improvement in the vehicles and boats would put permits like those that have houses, that you can put it for the family guild etc
    this idea occurs to you when you play, to the game and you do not go through the fast route putting commands

    the sad it is that we try to find a solution, the players and not them, there is where they show, who cares, something and who does not care if they are gone 100 or 200 players
    is why I made the decision, which was not easy and take so many years, playing the game, it took me almost 3 months to think what to do or to leave the game, and this does not look better, so when I finish , my employer will leave the game

  3. #3
    Senior Member blycee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1,049
    Archeage, the grind simulator experience 2018.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    955
    The problem of the game, is that there is no new content, as xlgames considers as "content" the gear grind, which is unreachable : who has 14/14 items at eternal erenor ? unless you're a bilionnaire and dump $500K into the game, you cannot achieve that.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    787
    People were happy for years in SWTOR with level caps and easily obtainable top end gear. Whenever they started increasing the level caps and making people continually farm for better gear, the game took a hard down turn and people left. Before the downturn they would add in new content and story zones, but then decided to add in new level caps to get into additional story zones, as well as 'Rebalancing' the combat systems. They are down to 2 NA servers now and the Warzones rarely pop outside of prime times (whereas before it was 24/7).

    This is a model of what brought down an epic game, and it seems to be similar to what ArcheAge decided to do at a much earlier stage. There was so much potential in Alpha, but they immediately screwed it up at launch with regrading, and then further made things worse by bringing new higher tiers of gear, thus creating the ever expanding gear gap. Hiram goes a ways towards mending the gear gap, but it leaves out a crafted route for farmers, whom don't like to grind the same mobs for hours a day, to keep up and participate in group battles. There is no future for crafting on the horizon. For some players, it takes away from the time and money they spent leveling those professions over the past (almost) 4 years. The variety of gameplay that was available at launch is now gone. I used to say you can never get bored, because you can always go do something else, but now that doesn't make sense. You don't progress without spending months of hours a day staring at the same mobs. Where's the variety in that?

    I hold nothing against the actual P2W players. In fact, I thank them for giving me Patron during hard times, and supplying many of my friends with Patron as well. I would sell Apex early on as a way to make up for not being able to play much because I worked too hard and was left mentally and physically drained. The ones who really took advantage of the system were those with dozens of f2p alt accounts, creating hauler trains for years and spamming entire zones for one persons farm. They devalued labor and took away profit from menial tasks that would otherwise benefit a starting player. I understand someone paying for 3 accounts, and logging into each one separately (or using a 2nd computer), since they paid for that extra patron to hold farms and use the labor. Perhaps it was XL/Trion's fault, or perhaps the players, for not taking care to moderate the usage of alts, but the end result is that they hurt the gameplay more than enhanced it for the vast majority. (I've heard all the arguments, no need to spam them now)

    With what I've seen previewed from Korea, along with the changes we've received since 3.0, I think AA has run it's course. There will be a few who think they can't leave because of the time and/or money they've spent, or because there really is no comparable title on the market. Constant and unwarranted change being labeled as 'Content' has killed the joy I used to get out of playing. Combat was fine (I played Blighter so DR's were no issue), Trade was diverse, Gear was in no need of levels over Epherium, Fishing was profitable and fun early on, and it was fun trying to avoid Pirates on the seas. I believe it is time to give my mansion to guild mates and leave until such time that the game is fixed, or for good. I may pop in at times to visit my guild mates and grind short periods for gear, but there is no reason to pay for patron or farm any further.

  6. #6
    I am of the same opinion as you, personally I paid 2 accounts for me to play simultaneously or together as needed.
    I spend my time at sea, wrecks and trunk, then I do a race of Ahnimar has two crowns.

    The fact is that it has become more and more complicated with the changes made to the game. Now 1 pouch requires 50 labor, and to go up a cargo ship requires about 2,500 labor, before a chest under the water was found in the parchments of renivellement, now 1 item which forces us to manufacture these said parchments, and thus still labors and still components.

    for the race packs, they have increased the items so much that it is no longer worth it without speaking that to be able to race a pack with the bonus timer, we need a car, a car that we can not anymore craft because of the exorbitant price of the components especially the charcoal.

    the server on which I am was not very crowded, but now it is even less so, a lot of ground is empty. The items at the auction house are three times more expensive and I'm talking about basic components such as iron, wood, etc.

    I have all my land in Ahnimar, I do not make cheese any more, since we have no reason to do it it's out of the ordinary, difficult because of the wars, a lot of time of money and labor to invest for nothing. Not to mention the fact we have no bonus pack. So I find myself going round in circles to not know what to do about this game, and so as a majority I go on other game.

    for Trion apex to find the solution .... bonus packs in the cashop seriously? the people complain about the exorbitant price of the apex and Trion does not find a better solution than to add bonus packs in the cashop, like you want some? it's too expensive for you at the auction house? That does not happen in our cashop you will have a lot of money against your money. I find it very small on the part of Trion to make us that kind of snub.

    I lost hope with AA.

    (sorry for my bad english, i use google translation.)

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    529
    Quote Originally Posted by Enyo View Post
    People were happy for years in SWTOR with level caps and easily obtainable top end gear. Whenever they started increasing the level caps and making people continually farm for better gear, the game took a hard down turn and people left. Before the downturn they would add in new content and story zones, but then decided to add in new level caps to get into additional story zones, as well as 'Rebalancing' the combat systems. They are down to 2 NA servers now and the Warzones rarely pop outside of prime times (whereas before it was 24/7).

    This is a model of what brought down an epic game, and it seems to be similar to what ArcheAge decided to do at a much earlier stage. There was so much potential in Alpha, but they immediately screwed it up at launch with regrading, and then further made things worse by bringing new higher tiers of gear, thus creating the ever expanding gear gap. Hiram goes a ways towards mending the gear gap, but it leaves out a crafted route for farmers, whom don't like to grind the same mobs for hours a day, to keep up and participate in group battles. There is no future for crafting on the horizon. For some players, it takes away from the time and money they spent leveling those professions over the past (almost) 4 years. The variety of gameplay that was available at launch is now gone. I used to say you can never get bored, because you can always go do something else, but now that doesn't make sense. You don't progress without spending months of hours a day staring at the same mobs. Where's the variety in that?

    I hold nothing against the actual P2W players. In fact, I thank them for giving me Patron during hard times, and supplying many of my friends with Patron as well. I would sell Apex early on as a way to make up for not being able to play much because I worked too hard and was left mentally and physically drained. The ones who really took advantage of the system were those with dozens of f2p alt accounts, creating hauler trains for years and spamming entire zones for one persons farm. They devalued labor and took away profit from menial tasks that would otherwise benefit a starting player. I understand someone paying for 3 accounts, and logging into each one separately (or using a 2nd computer), since they paid for that extra patron to hold farms and use the labor. Perhaps it was XL/Trion's fault, or perhaps the players, for not taking care to moderate the usage of alts, but the end result is that they hurt the gameplay more than enhanced it for the vast majority. (I've heard all the arguments, no need to spam them now)

    With what I've seen previewed from Korea, along with the changes we've received since 3.0, I think AA has run it's course. There will be a few who think they can't leave because of the time and/or money they've spent, or because there really is no comparable title on the market. Constant and unwarranted change being labeled as 'Content' has killed the joy I used to get out of playing. Combat was fine (I played Blighter so DR's were no issue), Trade was diverse, Gear was in no need of levels over Epherium, Fishing was profitable and fun early on, and it was fun trying to avoid Pirates on the seas. I believe it is time to give my mansion to guild mates and leave until such time that the game is fixed, or for good. I may pop in at times to visit my guild mates and grind short periods for gear, but there is no reason to pay for patron or farm any further.
    I don't think that's all; griefers had a major role in the server decline, player nation made it possible to pirate without any consequences, weak/new players became a target for easy income and fun for end game players(p2w griefers), griefers weren't punished when they did something against the game rules, many unreasonable nerfs to cars etc that only came to our servers, no explanation for this nerfs and when a explanation was given it didn't make sense, players hard work being thrown out of the window with changes to the game, endgame content impossible to reach if you don't spend a lot of money or play 24/7, classes not being balanced, changes that would benefit the players that were made on the other servers weren't brought to our server, many cash grabs, hard on p2w items, certain items being possible to get only by spending money and when something(nerfs, changes, patchs, revamps) went wrong Trion would blame XL and say: "it's impossible to do anything because XL doesn't let us to do so". This all just came to my mind at the moment of making this post, but I believe there's more if I have some time to think about it.
    System specs:

    Windows 7 ultimate 64bit;
    AMD FX-8320 3.50ghz;
    Sapphire DUAL-X R9 270x;
    8gb 1600mhz;
    Router: Linksys E900

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by ColdFusion View Post
    I don't think that's all; griefers had a major role in the server decline, player nation made it possible to pirate without any consequences, weak/new players became a target for easy income and fun for end game players(p2w griefers), griefers weren't punished when they did something against the game rules, many unreasonable nerfs to cars etc that only came to our servers, no explanation for this nerfs and when a explanation was given it didn't make sense, players hard work being thrown out of the window with changes to the game, endgame content impossible to reach if you don't spend a lot of money or play 24/7, classes not being balanced, changes that would benefit the players that were made on the other servers weren't brought to our server, many cash grabs, hard on p2w items, certain items being possible to get only by spending money and when something(nerfs, changes, patchs, revamps) went wrong Trion would blame XL and say: "it's impossible to do anything because XL doesn't let us to do so". This all just came to my mind at the moment of making this post, but I believe there's more if I have some time to think about it.
    it is unfortunately only too true,

  9. #9
    Senior Member Meridian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Antarctica
    Posts
    2,225
    Nothing is left, which is why I cancelled my patron and walked away. This game should have been so much more than it turned out to be. RIP.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,091
    Quote Originally Posted by Meridian View Post
    Nothing is left, which is why I cancelled my patron and walked away. This game should have been so much more than it turned out to be. RIP.
    i had 4 patron which run out in a week.

    At which time I am completely done.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts