+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to play defiler (Legacy, 4.5)

How to play defiler (Legacy, 4.5)

I tried to play defiler and it's heavy on cc but deals less damage. Is it a good class for both PVP and solo farming?
    What are the possible combos?
    What should be the stats for gear?
    I really like to learn this class so tips will be appreciated

Defiler was great for 1v1 you would cc and do alot of damage over time skills. But since the skills update Defilers damage has been reduced to nearly zero, with thorns being nerfed and telekinesis being removed the toxic combo is no more. Also mud hand damage was lowered alot and mana stars dealing next to nothing aswell. So what your left with is a tanky mage with lots of cc but no damage. If your playing with friends who can deal the damage then it will be useful but then I would have to recommend skullknight instead as it does it better than defiler.

What do you think is the best mage tank class for pvp? Skullknight, cabalist, battlemage or earthsinger?
    or should i just go melee?
    Thanks for your reply

SK are still good for pvp in RvR. I really miss stillness which they gave to Witchraft.

if you wanted some damage maybe you could try Thaumaturge sorc,defense,aura. or even swiftstone sorc.def.shadow

Earthsinger is prob the most widely used of the classes you mentioned, try that and swap to SK when needed.

in 5.0 They are moving all the abyssal skills into there own skillset (magic based) which is going to mix things up again.

Thanks. I'll be trying earthsinger. Can someone post a build for earthsinger?

+ Reply to Thread