+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Too hard to make gold and royal seeds

Quote Originally Posted by Living Steel View Post
    Agreed about the royal seeds, planted 30 bundles and didn't get a single 1... wonder if certain crops have a better drop rate. (30 bundles is like 300 seeds that I have to buy from a merchant, these must be genetically altered seeds, lmao)
    same for me planted 40 bundles and got 0 royal seeds

Quote Originally Posted by bkosher2 View Post
    I am a farmer.
    There are many fun and exciting aspects of the game that keeps it alive and fresh but I always fall back to farming. Farming to me, much like farming in real life, can be rewarding. I plant crops and raise animals all with an expectation and anticipation of a good return of crops and money.

As of this last update the trade system has changed to the point I am no longer happy on the game as the farming system feels unfriendly and unsustainable. You have raised the costs of manufacturing goods and crops and lowered the price of the finished product.

As an example of this, my property in Rookborne can only hold 4 larders at a time. Before the update I would harvest the four larder packs and set them aside until I get 5 more. Then with a full load of 9 larder packs I made a trade run. After the update, you have increased the materials to make larders and lowered the chances of getting Royal seeds, making the production of larders much harder and more expensive. Then when time comes to harvest them a timer immediately starts counting down diminishing the value of the pack. By they time I harvest enough to make a full load of 9 larders for a trade run over half the packs values have decreased in value making the whole process unprofitable.
    The trade packs from my farm in Solzreed bring me only 4 gold, yes, FOUR gold each! That is down to only one third of what I used to make. I feel like the game now just punishing us for being farmers.
    my property is in Ahnimar, 28 minutes is the timer time decreasing the value of the package, while the territories are at war. Wait several days before you can take the packs, because we can not stay connected 24 / 24H to wait. So big loss on the price of the pack.

Royal seeds may perhaps be seed related.
    For example, Hay Bales are primarily grain related.

Quote Originally Posted by bkosher2 View Post
    I am a farmer.
    There are many fun and exciting aspects of the game that keeps it alive and fresh but I always fall back to farming. Farming to me, much like farming in real life, can be rewarding. I plant crops and raise animals all with an expectation and anticipation of a good return of crops and money.

As of this last update the trade system has changed to the point I am no longer happy on the game as the farming system feels unfriendly and unsustainable. You have raised the costs of manufacturing goods and crops and lowered the price of the finished product.

As an example of this, my property in Rookborne can only hold 4 larders at a time. Before the update I would harvest the four larder packs and set them aside until I get 5 more. Then with a full load of 9 larder packs I made a trade run. After the update, you have increased the materials to make larders and lowered the chances of getting Royal seeds, making the production of larders much harder and more expensive. Then when time comes to harvest them a timer immediately starts counting down diminishing the value of the pack. By they time I harvest enough to make a full load of 9 larders for a trade run over half the packs values have decreased in value making the whole process unprofitable.
    The trade packs from my farm in Solzreed bring me only 4 gold, yes, FOUR gold each! That is down to only one third of what I used to make. I feel like the game now just punishing us for being farmers.
    I don't think farmers make them money

30? 40? - LOL - You need to plant HUNDREDS of bundles to get any meaningful result.

I planted singles by the thousand so I tried bundles by the hundred.

My current equation stands at approximately: 10,000 seeds + 5,000 worms = 66 Royal Seeds

So about 16 bundles per seed on average.

That is worse than I used to get from singles not even considering the extra cost of the worms.

Making gold isn't that difficult for me, but then I am not a new player and already have all the toys (freighter, car, farms, etc.).
    I do find that keeping up with the new mat requirements is burning into my reserve of Vocation though - anyone else finding that an issue?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2