+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Which Healing class and Mage class is best?

Which Healing class and Mage class is best?

Hello fellow players,

I haven't really been up to date with class changes as of late, neither did I check the upcomming changes for 5.0. There seems to be so many changes that I am a little confused about which of the favourite classes I usually play (healer + mage) are the best nowadays.

As the title says:
    1. Which healing classes are the best now/5.0?
      Are clerics still a thing? How about templars?
    2. Which mage classes are the best now/5.0?
      Are enigmatists still a thing? Or has this shifted to another mage class?

Thank you for taking the time to read and answer in advance, much appreciated.
    ArcheAge player since Closed Beta

Gözlerinin dokunduğu her mekan memleketim

Can anyone help me?

Or are the majority still playing melee classes? O.O

Healers - Sorrowsong,Doombringer,Hierophant,Cleric.
    Mages- Spellsinger or reaper

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Paws View Post
    Can anyone help me?

Or are the majority still playing melee classes? O.O
    unfortunately yes most of people are playing archer and specially melee but yes there are some mage classes that you can play but generally in 1 vs 1 melee and archers need less skill to play

With the skill re-balance in 4.5 it's much easier to play any number of classes. There are more combos between the skillsets and Hiram armor and weapons allow for different combinations as well. It's more about your play style and if you are doing PvE, small PvP, or raid PvP. So before I start recommending skillsets to accompany Vitalism/Sorcery I have to ask... What part of the game do you wish to do (pve/small pvp/large pvp)? Do you prefer being in the middle of battle or on the edges? Do you prefer mobility or just want to survive incoming damage?

As Drizzitxv said, it's not a simple answer if we don't know what you're actually doing.

Personally, Edgewalker is by far my favorite healer class in 4.5. Great at AOE farming mobs 8 at a time(any more and they get a buff that negates 80% of the damage you do) and doing dungeon solo or in groups and also good enough for pvp.

Vitalism is your main skill tree, you basically get everything in there, then auramancy is good for self-defence and movement and finally you have occultism that is pretty much a must for healers now for the pain harvest+mend(group heals) and flame hell spear+skewer(AOE farming) combos and play dead has got me out of tons of bad situations in pve and is great at pulling out 1 mob at a time from a group if you got a partner.

Cleric isn't really a thing anymore because Songcraft got nerfed for healers but buffed for everyone else since the healing skills in there don't use healing power anymore.

Thank you all for your answers, I appreciate it

Quote Originally Posted by Drizzitxv View Post
    With the skill re-balance in 4.5 it's much easier to play any number of classes. There are more combos between the skillsets and Hiram armor and weapons allow for different combinations as well. It's more about your play style and if you are doing PvE, small PvP, or raid PvP. So before I start recommending skillsets to accompany Vitalism/Sorcery I have to ask... What part of the game do you wish to do (pve/small pvp/large pvp)? Do you prefer being in the middle of battle or on the edges? Do you prefer mobility or just want to survive incoming damage?

As a healer: I used to play Templar/Caretaker past 2 years because I enjoyed the tankyness of said build. I like to be able to survive incoming damage, I stand both on the edges but sometimes also in the middle of the battle. I also have Obsidian t5 plate armor, I know it is outdated now, not sure whether I want to spend the time on the Hiram train though but will see.
    I like both pve (but don't do this much) as small scale pvp (majorly) and raid pvp.

As a mage: I loved Enigmatist a lot since it was a good mage build and allowed me for movement a lot. Standing still as a mage frustrates me because melee classes would get me the majority of the time so as a mage I prefer movement.

Spellsinger is still very good? I played that for a while too and enjoyed it but prefered Enigmatist since Songcraft didn't go too well with Sorcery back then.

Thank you for your help again, I appreciate all the help I can get

Quote Originally Posted by zunzun View Post
    unfortunately yes most of people are playing archer and specially melee but yes there are some mage classes that you can play but generally in 1 vs 1 melee and archers need less skill to play
    Cuz godswhip 1tricks are any more skillful than missile rain 1tricks, who can be blocked, parried and evaded, with both being somewhat possible to "manually dodge" if positioned correctly? O.o? Every fotm class right now is brain dead, and focused on crit rate + crit dmg killing their opponent before any real counterplay can be made. Until that is nerfed to the ground, there is hardly any "skill" left in this game (tho it is noticeable, if you're actually a good player)
    Pew
    <The Oracle God>
    ♤Lord of Halcyona♤

Youtube Channel:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuU..._as=subscriber
    Twitter:
    https://twitter.com/xXBigBossCross1?lang=en
    Twitch Stream Channel:
    https://www.twitch.tv/pewsivraj

+ Reply to Thread