+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: APEX in AH totally out of reach for new Free to Play accounts.

The whole point of having a game with in game gold is to purchase in game items.
    No where in game, can you craft, farm, or, Boss Drop Apex.
    The minute you add items that can be bought with RL cash, and sold for in game gold, the “Game” is over.
    I’m done with negativity, “this won’t work”, and “it’s easy, just try harder”.
    See you at the finnishline.
    Hope your smarties don’t melt in your pockets.
    Big Brother ,,,,-(O.O)-,,,, Sees All!
    KRAKEN - SANCTUARY

Quote Originally Posted by Snerdles View Post
    The point of APEX isn't a welfare system to help new players, it's so that Trion profits off of the willingness of players to buy progress. It's not a charity at any level.
    A very true statement

Quote Originally Posted by LiBressa View Post
    Doesn't understand that Patron accounts help fund the running costs of the game via real life currency...
    Someone external to TRION has given them real life currency for those APEX... you give that entity ingame gold for the APEX.

That's the model of free-2-play... it's not free... someone else just pays for you to play and you give them some of your ingame wealth.
    It's supply and demand that dictates the ingame cost of APEX and with the Hiram stuff (all those market Hiram packs) you'll find there's an even greater demand for APEX.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drizzitxv View Post
    The archeage auction house is a "free market". Meaning that something is only going to sell for an amount someone is willing to pay. Apex prices being "low" reflected what value they had to a player(double labor/offline labor gen being the most common). Between changes/removals of biggest gold/labor sinks(regrading and crafting weapons/armor) and other aspects of the game being changed Apex prices reflect the state of the games economy.

IMO, Apex prices are right where they need to be and fair compared to the silver/labor ratios in the game and the amount of gold you can amass in any given day.

An example of my thoughts... Last year I played on Reckoning server this time and Apex sold for 550gold. I could buy an Apex with my little level 50 setup every day(every other if I regraded). For what you get with Apex that's way too cheap the prices needed to go up. They have gone up 1600-1700gold. At these prices I'm still able to buy an Apex maybe 2 every other day(almost one Apex/day) if that was my goal in the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by MonolithD View Post
    Somewhere along the line you will understand this:

- there is no swipers left
    - you all multi-account

It will only go higher and higher, regardless of flash sales.

Solution:

- stop multiaccounting
    - pay your own sub

Solved.
    I get it that this is your opinion, but it simply doesn't work in the real world. Lets say that you make credits lock in at a nice easy 1500g per APEX, something anyone should be able to do with just a small amount of effort. What do you do on fresh start servers where everyone struggles to get even 100g a day? No one can play for free there now since no one can sell APEX because no one can buy them so Trion loses money.

The whole point of an auction house is to establish a market value of goods. If they weren't selling for the prices being listed and people were buying more of them with gold the price would be dropping.

Putting them in the marketplace instantly cuts off Trions cash cow the second their value goes below that amount since no one would buy them for cash anymore the instant their value dropped below that amount (like on fresh starts, which everyone shovels money at Trion to buy their victories).

The reason the price keeps increasing is there are less whales around feeding your demand but tons of people willing to buy them. It's so easy to make enough gold in the game for established players they will continue to buy them for gold as long as they can. The point of APEX isn't a welfare system to help new players, it's so that Trion profits off of the willingness of players to buy progress. It's not a charity at any level.
    My suggestion won't stop APEX sellers from selling APEX, ...I would love to afford more APEX so I can buy credit bought stuff along with having Patron.

But since APEX on both NA and EU went from 900g on the AH to 1500-1800g on the AH, and my game play is limited due to Real Life stuff, having a set price to aim for is easier to achieve versus one that fluctuates hourly.

And my main account is a Cash paid Patron. I paid for a year of Patron at the end of December 2017. Real Life income had been hit hard due to the contractual work I do every morning. I work 365 days a year, 366 on leap years. I enjoy the housing, gardening/farming aspect of Archeage, and the crafting ability before the changes that were implemented starting with release 3.0. So casual game play/gold earning is not easy. I'm still trying to figure out an optimal, single freighter, trade run where I can reach the Trade Post within the 14 minute time frame.

Reading https://omnom.io/july-overview/

So, AA Korea has a Credit to Gold Ratio? Hmmm...
    5000 Credits = 900 Gold, or, 5.5/1
    This makes your hard earned in game currency worth something.

Too bad it’s Korean, and not NA/EU

I’ll be moving to a cave in the mountains.
    Hope you find what you’re looking for, down in the Valley of Despair. :O
    KRAKEN - SANCTUARY

Quote Originally Posted by Panterah View Post
    My suggestion won't stop APEX sellers from selling APEX, ...I would love to afford more APEX so I can buy credit bought stuff along with having Patron.
    Make an alt, drag it around with you while you do guild dailies. Instant patron every month for something you are probably doing anyway.

Use a cross region alt and burn labor on something midly profitable. Easy patron

Run some trade runs. Easy patron every month.

Why should they completely limit the market because you don't have enough time to play?

FYI, if you are east you can run Solis->Villanelle or Villanelle-> solis in under 15 minutes and make more than 10s/l. You literally just buy the goods, make the packs, and profit.
    Epic Erenor Scepter - 856 Magic Att, 733 gimped DPS.
    Epic Erenor Katana - 815.3 DPS.
    Epic Erenor Bow - 693 DPS... worse than the gimped weapon even though it's a primary weapon.
    "Balance" . . . This doesn't even take in to account the 978.4 epic erenor nodachi, or 978 mAtt staff.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperTrooper View Post
    So, AA Korea has a Credit to Gold Ratio? Hmmm...
    5000 Credits = 900 Gold, or, 5.5/1
    This makes your hard earned in game currency worth something.

Too bad it’s Korean, and not NA/EU
    This is a lie.

What they are saying is that the credit items can be sold on the AH, just like ours can and roughly translate to a certain amount just like our credit items do.
    Epic Erenor Bow - 693 DPS... worse than the gimped weapon even though it's a primary weapon.
    "Balance" . . . This doesn't even take in to account the 978.4 epic erenor nodachi, or 978 mAtt staff.

This is a lie.

What they are saying is that the credit items can be sold on the AH, just like ours can and roughly translate to a certain amount just like our credit items do.
    1. A question, ends with a “?”

2. Your explanation says exactly what is needed.
    A Standard Credit to Gold Ratio.
    If you want to sell more in-game, sell it for less!
    KRAKEN - SANCTUARY

It's not that expensive to pay for patron if you're only paying on 1 or 2 accounts.

My suggestion, pay up.

I pay for accounts but I did the 1 yr thing which makes it basically the same as doing 2 accounts month to month.

Granted, the risk is that they can make really stupid system changes and kill the game for you and you're already all in. That said, it's not that much money.

I do feel for many players who want the benefits of Patron but can't afford the cost for whatever reason.
    I myself don't work much, so funds are limited and I have to choose my financial drains carefully.
    Thus, I depend on gold-driven Patronage.
    My primary reason for even playing this game is property ownership.
    If I couldn't afford to trade for Patron, I would likely quit.
    One suggestion is this... bind the cottage and the scarecrow farm in such a way that, even without Patron, players can put those two items in Housing, as if they had Patron.
    The rest of Patron benefits... I could likely work with.
    Maybe be able to do off-and-on Patron.

Quote Originally Posted by Ewenomi View Post
    I do feel for many players who want the benefits of Patron but can't afford the cost for whatever reason.
    I myself don't work much, so funds are limited and I have to choose my financial drains carefully.
    Thus, I depend on gold-driven Patronage.
    My primary reason for even playing this game is property ownership.
    If I couldn't afford to trade for Patron, I would likely quit.
    One suggestion is this... bind the cottage and the scarecrow farm in such a way that, even without Patron, players can put those two items in Housing, as if they had Patron.
    The rest of Patron benefits... I could likely work with.
    Maybe be able to do off-and-on Patron.
    If you can't trade for patron you are doing something seriously wrong. Changing it so free accounts can put down land will just ensure that a couple of people own all of the land for free.

You can already do off and on patron to an extent. At the end of your patron you pre-pay your taxes for 5 weeks. Your properties won't get destroyed for up to 6 weeks from that point which means you need patron less than half the time to keep them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2